Stray Fawn Community

so what’s quarantine got y’all doing

takoyamaaaS

2 hours ago, Certified Baguette Lover said:

Update on my quarantine status: I’ve been watching baby videos so much that whenever I refresh, YouTube gives me at least one baby video in my recommended. Like, “oh, you’ll definitely like FIVE LITTLE DUCKS - BABY BUM RHYMES - 70 MINUTES!”

BABY BUM!

HAVE YOU LISTENED TO THE SPECKLED FROG SONG OR BOITTLES ON THE WALL?

10 hours ago, Clover said:

I have the entire Legend of Korra series on DVD, so i just bingewatched that for the 3rd time

I always wondered why some people hated it so much... (Though i might be biased, since i got the full series when i was like, 10 or something) 

Im the only person i know of whose watched Legend of Korra but hasnt seen Avatar (i'll watch it when i get wifi again)

10 hours ago, FawnCat said:

I only liked season one of Korra. I prefer Avatar but I might be biased too since I had the full series of that again. 😜 (I have rewatched Avatar this year and there is some things I don't like that much anymore but it's still good🙂)

I recently watched Avatar for the first time (I would've watched it before but it hasn't been on anything I use until it recently went on Netflix) and loved it! (notice my pfp, heh.) Though I don't even have access to Korra, I've read lots of reviews online and it doesn't seem very good (at least, to my standards, heh), so I doubt I'll watch it. After Avatar I ran out of stuff to watch so I'm just rewatching AoS

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Clover said:

I have the entire Legend of Korra series on DVD, so i just bingewatched that for the 3rd time

I always wondered why some people hated it so much... (Though i might be biased, since i got the full series when i was like, 10 or something) 

Im the only person i know of whose watched Legend of Korra but hasnt seen Avatar (i'll watch it when i get wifi again)

Nostalgia. Avatar was "just so much better quality wise than all the other kids' shows" back then. That's probably not true today with more options and netflix in every home, but... it was something else.

The Legend of Korra wasn't bad in itself, just incredibly disappointing for people who liked the original for its sheer originality. There's also people like myself who don't like the brand of humor.

Actually unfortunate however, is that it's just extremely attractive to extremists of cringe culture.  See the youtuber E;R and whatnot. People in turn eat it up... as, well honestly, there's a lot to dislike in the protagonist. Not for self righteous reasons, so one collects more and more of them to make up for it out of fear of being like her, if they didn't dislike it for being a "failed liberal show" in the first place. (Which you can also do from a liberal and a conservative standpoint.)

On objective grounds... the original was all about developing healthy relationships, but the new version really did treat some characters very unfairly. But do they need to share the same core background? I don't think so, but it's very clear why fans of the old show did not like the new focus. Please note that I did not watch The Legend of Korra outside of reviews, among quite some people probably.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clover said:

Update: i am now eating macNcheese with a teaspoon and drinking water bottle backwards

WHY WOULD YOU USE SPOONS FOR MC N CHEESE? I KNOW SO MANY PEOPLE DO IT BUT WHY?

FORKS ARE GOOD, RIGHT?

(This is not aimed at you- imagine I'm yelling at a bunch of clouds)

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

FORKS ARE GOOD, RIGHT?

FORK + MAC N CHEESE IS ILLEGAL

6 hours ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

FORKS ARE GOOD, RIGHT?

5 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

FORK + MAC N CHEESE IS ILLEGAL

easier to eat it with a spoon, but more fun to use the fork and put a noodle thing on each tine (apparently that's word word for the long pointy parts. huh.)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Polly said:

I- is this like a troll or something i'm not clicking on that link

12 minutes ago, alex602h said:

I think it is

@Sky?

thank God you guys are smart, I clicked that link to check and I've never closed something so fast, it...ooooohhhhh gosh.  it wasn't a regular ad...it...it was not appropriate... I barely even saw whatw as on the page because I just closed it. I banned the guy.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 3

5 minutes ago, Sky said:

thank God you guys are smart, I clicked that link to check and I've never closed something so fast, it...ooooohhhhh gosh.  it wasn't a regular ad...it...it was not appropriate... I barely even saw whatw as on the page because I just closed it. I banned the guy.

oh god- good thing they're banned- 

• Paw up 1

On 6/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, bow frog said:

For me, crushing on people who’ve died over 200 years ago and watching toddler songs on YouTube.

Also drawing non-stop and eating popsicles every day.

oh hey look at this

now I just hang out on Discord, watch frog videos, listen to music, and watch toddler videos.