Stray Fawn Community

Deaf/Damaged Ears Gene Idea

Jauy

We need more ear variations (and hind leg variations too, tbh). So I thought deaf/damaged would be a fine addition to Niche. It'd be classified as one of those "Genes to avoid" kind of thing, along with blind eyes and deformed paw. Maybe even a gene that'd appear on a rouge male. What kind of stats? Regular ears give 3+ hearing, so this gene will have < 3 hearing (Preferably 0-1+ hearing). How will it look? I've come up with my own idea of how'd it look, smaller and more droopy ears. I know that in real life most deaf people/animals dont have ears that look significantly different from their healthy counterparts, but the reason this is an exception is that it'll let the player visually differentiate it from regular ears without the drawback of constantly looking into a nicheling's gene pool or mistaking it for regular ears. Like I said, these ears will be smaller and droopier. I've drawn the idea right here.. Not the most creative idea on the forum, I admit. It's just a nice little idea I've had in the back of my mind for a while. I hope that this idea hasn't been suggested yet before lol. 

artflow_202006030106.png

Edited by Jauy
  • Like 4
  • Paw up 1

3 replies to this post

2 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

Ah, I see. So it has been mentioned before, no surprise there. Either way, I do hope the idea will be considered by developers if not already. 

• Like 1