Stray Fawn Community

Factory - Out of Memory

denis.truffaut

When creating a drone army every second through factory, after few seconds, you run out of memory.

Proposal A

Add a "maximum alive drones : N" field to the factory, so the factory creates exactly N simultaneous drones

The factory, using a FIFO cycle, destroys the oldest drone (all remaining parts of the drone, if they exist) and create a new drone

Proposal B

Add a "destroy drones after X seconds" field to the factory, so the factory create temporary drones that are destroyed after X seconds

Proposal C

Add a "destroy drones after receiving event Z" field to the factory, so the factory all its drones after receiving event Z

• Like 1

3 replies to this post

You CAN but its rather painful and unreliable.  You generally do not want to strap lots of TNT to your drones just so you can blow them up.  Also, TNT wont necessarily destroy all the parts and a leftover camera can really mess you up for example.  Or logic gate.

I do like this idea of adding a Maximum Number to the factory although that can be tricky too.  A drone with 2 parts left is or is not considered an active drone?  Where do you draw the line?

On 7/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, joemama1512 said:

You CAN but its rather painful and unreliable.  You generally do not want to strap lots of TNT to your drones just so you can blow them up.  Also, TNT wont necessarily destroy all the parts and a leftover camera can really mess you up for example.  Or logic gate.

I do like this idea of adding a Maximum Number to the factory although that can be tricky too.  A drone with 2 parts left is or is not considered an active drone?  Where do you draw the line?

I'd say that the limit per factory 100 parts