Stray Fawn Community

A wide-open sandbox creator.

davidalangay

Hi. Great game, enjoying it so far but I'm finding the current sandbox builder very limiting. Yes, it's great that I can change the mission type, planet, theme, and difficulty level of a planetary engagement by using presets, but the presets are not always the same depending on (possibly) the seed generator and (more likely) the encounter level on the planet. Sometimes the combinations will not work and might actually make the encounter unwinnable even with the diff level set to Easy.

I am a fan of  the "instant action" sandbox options offered by Blizzard's Warcraft III and Starcraft games, as well as the mission builder in Jane's Combat Simulator. To use more recent offerings, "Airships: Conquer the Skies" on Steam has a fantastic scenario builder where you can tweak every little detail , even the terrain and the placement of units. I would love to see the sandbox feature in "Nimbatus - The Space Drone Constructor" get a rework down the road to allow greater control of designing an encounter situation with mission objectives I can set for myself rather than locked in one of many preset mission goals. I would like to be able to customize the terrain and place the units that will work either in tandem with my drone on a mission, be an object of the mission goal, or seek to block my attempts to reach that goal.  It would also allow other players to create custom missions that are unique in their own right.

0 replies to this post

There are no comments yet