Stray Fawn Community

0.9 won't load properly

Kimboleart

Hi everybody!

I'm new to the forum, but I have been playing this game since last December, and love all of the new updates (how far the developers have come  :D it makes me delighted).

I have, however, run into an unexpected glitch, and it's a big one.  Um, so first off, you have the menu. 

It starts off normal: the golden pink trees, the beautifully crafted island.  It's great, it's looking good.  So I go to open a new file, you know?  Same old same old (with just the most pleasant layout I've seen in awhile). 

So I click one on an island I want: the tiny green.  I always love starting with the Tiny Green Island.

And I press the play button.  So far, so good.  The game loads up like it normally does:

I'm ready, I'm ecstatic.  I love this game dearly.  I can't wait for it to start, right?  The cute little creatures and the breeding,the surviving.  I haven't loved a game this much in so long.  And I wait, you know, for about mm, 20 seconds?  Average wait time.  And then I'm met with this:

And i'm not sure why it does this.  For Every. Single. File.  It doesn't stop, it just keeps doing it!  And I'm not sure why.  SO it asks if I want to continue with the same blood line.  I say "sure, let's see if this helps it".  AND I AM GREETED with just emptiness, minus a single hexagonal block.  Not only that, but when I first click the "restart" button, it leads me to the family tree page.  But it's completely empty except for the attribute circle and to the left, a Killer Bearyena. 

Again, I don't know why it's necessarily doing this.  I just want to play the game, and I want to enjoy every feature.  If anyone knows why it's doing this, could someone help out?  AND if you're experiencing this as well, holler!  I'd love to hear about your experience with this as well.

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.e5f66be486391d2aed855c996d0511dd.png

Screenshot_10.thumb.png.c86f02041853d410cd77cd5e5a0e0f2a.png

Screenshot_11.thumb.png.df0379b0b04466a189c398168f9748f7.png

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.938fd82967a729a9a5ecff1119da0264.png

Hey :)

Sure is a weird glitch^^

Is this still happening in the newest version?

If so, can you attach or send us your logfile? Its located somewhere there:

- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Niche\Windows\Niche_Data\output_log.txt

- Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

- Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Team Niche/Niche _ a genetics survival game/Player.log

Thanks!