Stray Fawn Community

Some suggestions!

SuperMini

I just picked up Niche at the full release, and I'm addicted already! Even without an "end goal" it's really fun to play. I've only been playing for a few days, but I have a few suggestions that would be awesome if you could consider (mostly QoL/cosmetic suggestions):

- More in-depth tutorial. Don't get me wrong, I hate tutorials and always prefer if it's integrated naturally into gameplay, but I felt a little too thrown into the world. I found myself watching lots of lengthy "lets play" videos just to get a grasp on what I was doing.

- Detailed HUD! I find myself constantly losing track of how many creatures are pregnant, what my male/female ratio is, and how many total action points I have left. A customizable bar with options to show things like that would be an immense help!

- Screenshots and/or album. An in game quick screen capture would be awesome to capture some of the best Niche moments. What I think would also be great would be an album or record of sorts that keeps track of all the creatures you've ever made so you can look back at all those precious (and the...ya know....not so precious) critters you meet/create on your journey.

Thanks for building an awesome game! I look forward to seeing Niche develop and grow!

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest some kind of Gene Pool  analysis so you can quickly assess how many animals have which alleles, could be useful when deciding which animals to take to the next island - minimise genetic drift and all that. Also a way to flag infertile/weak members of the group (they can still be put to work hunting and collecting berries etc.)

• 4 weeks later...

The main addition to the game that I think would be just about absolutely vital, and I'm a little surprised I'm not seeing it much on the forums already, would be a little popup message that asks you if you are sure you want to end the day if you still have Nichelings with unspent actions. I've seen it multiple times with veteran let's-players as well as experienced firsthand losing whole days on accident: the button is huge and in the center of the top of the screen, right where my strategy gamer brain says the menu is, and the default on the keyboard is the spacebar and enter keys, buttons I automatically hit for various functions in other strategy games. Also I discovered by accident that it is possible to double tap and have a night take two days (Murphy why! T-T). So having a little box pop up saying "X number of Nichelings still have actions" would go a HUGE way toward making the best game experience possible.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're in the family tree there is a way to narrow a search of your creatures by a certain gene already. There is also the ability to change the gems of your creatures therefore "flagging" them. These are both fine and work well enough in my opinion. Though a literal way to flag some creatures and maybe take away their ability to breed so that you don't accidentally miss click would be nice, its also a little unnecessary and I would rather see effort put into cool new features.

As for the are you sure you want to end the day button, that sounds great :D