Stray Fawn Community

My mom wants all the parts to cost money while building a drone.

MRFYPTS

I think this is a great idea each part costs a set amount of resource and it cost resource to research and upgrade parts but upgrades are only passed on to new bots and edited bots better yet click and hold on the part to bring up a menu of all researched parts of that type like rocket engine MK 1 and MK 2 and so on

I'd prefer a galaxy-based unlock system.  Provide some parts as rewards for completing planets, as guns are now.  Have some stations provide intel on where to find certain parts.  Distribute those parts to certain regions of the map, according to what technology type they are - engines in the east, weapons in the west, etc. 

Have a number of research stations specializing in engine tech, weapon tech, etc etc that can upgrade those parts, as weapons are upgraded now.  Thus, based on what parts of the galaxy you get to, you may have a ship that is very nimble, with very good weapons, or with other advantages.

Upgrading weapons should require money and a second set of resources that you get by recycling rare and epic weapons.  Getting different types of upgrades (range, extra shots,) can require different combinations of these, so that the player can't just load up on the perfect upgrades - they'll have to use some sub-optimal upgrades until they get enough of the specific resource that their favorite upgrades use most heavily.

Drone construction should have some computational cost.  Perhaps a brain upgrade can increase your capacity for drone construction - a very expensive, but a permanent upgrade.  I'd also like to see separate upgrades for the capacity to handle more weapons, more logic blocks, and more fuel/energy reserves.

Off the top of my head, that's what I feel like I'd like to see in the economy.