Stray Fawn Studio
Based in Zurich, Switzerland
3rd October 2018
Steam (PC / Mac / Linux)
Nimbatus - The Space Drone Constructor is an action-packed simulation game. Craft drones out of hundreds of different parts and explore a destructible, procedurally generated galaxy. Build autonomous drones to fight against other players' creations. Do you have what it takes to become a drone engineer?
Micha Stettler, co-founder of Stray Fawn Studio and original creator of Nimbatus, started working on the game four years ago, while also maintaining a full-time job. The game’s development has taken quite a few unexpected turns. One of them being the switch from a first person 3D experience to a 2D side-view game. To bring out the game’s full potential, Micha decided to leave his job and founded his own indie studio to fully commit to game development.
- Create your own drones out of countless parts and based on real physics.
- Explore a procedurally generated galaxy with fully destructible planets.
- Control your drones on various missions on different planets.
- Build autonomous drones using sensor and logic parts and let them fight against other players' creations in the arena.
- Collect a variety of resources and use them to craft powerful weapons.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner GDC 2018 Best In Play."
- "Winner GDC 2018 Best Pitch."
- "Winner Pro Helvetia Call for Projects."
- "Winner Tencent Innovation Competition"
- "Raised $75’000 on Kickstarter"
About Stray Fawn Studio
Stray Fawn Studio is an independent game studio from Zurich, Switzerland founded by Micha Stettler and Philomena Schwab. Our focus is the development of our two PC games Niche – a genetics survival game and Nimbatus – The Space Drone Constructor. Both projects focus on procedural world generation and creative freedom of the player in the form of creating their own animals species (Niche) and designing their own drones (Nimbatus).
More information on Stray Fawn Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stray Fawn Studio Credits
Tech Artist, Art Lead