Stray Fawn Studio
Based in Zurich, Switzerland
3rd October 2018 (Early Access), 14th May 2020 (Full Release)
Steam (PC / Mac / Linux)
Humble (PC / Mac / Linux)
Command the Nimbatus and craft drones out of hundreds of different parts. Survive unknown threats in a fully destructible, procedural universe, compete against other players in different arenas or enjoy complete creative freedom in the sandbox.
Micha Stettler, co-founder of Stray Fawn Studio and original creator of Nimbatus, started working on the game seven years ago, while also maintaining a full-time job. The game’s development has taken quite a few unexpected turns, one of them being the switch from a first-person 3D experience to a 2D side-view game. To bring out the game’s full potential, Micha decided to leave his job and found his own indie studio together with Philomena Schwab, whom he met at a local game event. Soon the Nimbatus team was joined by Markus Rossé, Roger Winzeler, Arno Justus, Claudio Beck, David Stettler (Micha’s brother) and José Mora-Jiménez. After successfully completing a Kickstarter in December 2017, Stray Fawn developed Nimbatus together with its supporters and fans, recently winning the 'Tencent Game Innovation‘, a 'GDC Best in Play‘ and the 'Reboot Best Game Design‘ awards. Since its Early Access launch in October 2018, Nimbatus received major updates, vastly expanding the survival mode, adding new multiplayer modes like racing and a brawl tournament, new captains, dozens of new drone parts and weapons, further customization options and more.
- Over 75 physically simulated parts to construct your drones.
- Fully destructible planets with different biomes and enemies
- Procedural weapon system and tech tree
- Autonomous drone programming using logic and sensor parts
- 3 gameplay modes: Survival, Sandbox, Competitive
- 6 different captains, each offering a unique playstyle
- Asynchronous multiplayer tournaments using programmed drones
Early Access Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner GDC 2018 Best In Play"
- "Winner GDC 2018 Best Pitch"
- "Winner Pro Helvetia Call for Projects"
- "Winner Tencent Innovation Competition"
- "Raised $75’000 on Kickstarter"
- "Reboot Best Game Design"
About Stray Fawn Studio
Stray Fawn Studio is a ten person indie game studio based in Zurich, Switzerland. The company focuses on developing their own projects which are often situated in the simulation game genre. Procedural content generation and the simulation of living worlds form the core of the studio’s creations. Stray Fawn was founded by Micha Stettler, a space enthusiastic software engineer and Philomena Schwab, a biology loving game designer.
More information on Stray Fawn Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stray Fawn Studio Credits
Tech Artist, Art Lead
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks