Stray Fawn Community

A Playthrough Thing

Paracosmic

After being away for...probably about a year, I've decided it's time for me to start playing Niche again (I think when I left the bears were just revealed, so it's definitely been awhile). I've decided I'll do something like the Royal Family challenge. I'm also adding something based on the Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews, namely the power system (I love these books -- the next one can't come out too soon). Mostly I just want to see how the power thing plays out over time. I'll be keeping track of that with pedigree trees.

Settings: Blind Genetics, Unlock All Genes, Starting on Tiny Green, Mutations determined by RNG

Rules:

1. Gem colors correspond to power rank:
    1. Green = Prime - Has first dibs on permanests. Always royalty. Alphas.
    2. Orange = Significant - Alphas
    3. Blue = Notable - Betas
    4. Pink = Average - Betas
    5. Yellow = Minor - Omegas
    6. Gray = Negligible - Omegas
  2. Nichelings can only mate within their power rank.
  3. Wanderers have random power ranks.
  4. An offspring's rank is determined when they are children. I'll be using RNG to determine which rank they have. A given nicheling has a 70% chance of inheriting their parents' rank, a 25% chance of having the rank below their parents, and a 5% chance of having a rank above their parents (except if their parents are Green -- then obviously they just maintain their rank).
  5. Nichelings are monogamous and mate for life. This just makes it easier for me to keep track.
  6. A nicheling may have no more than three litters.
  7. The eldest, highest-ranking offspring of the ruling couple takes over as king or queen when their parents die. If there is no offspring to take over, the eldest, highest ranking sibling of the king or queen takes over. If these nichelings do not have a mate, they must choose one as soon as possible.

The first few posts I'll really just be testing the system out and making adjustments as needed.

• Like 1