Stray Fawn Community

Fur textures like fluffy fur/slick fur etc

Lamm

That could be a really cool idea. If they could make it to where slick fur would give the animal a plus 1 or 2 in swimming and fluffy would be great for the mountains. Maybe a 1 or 2 and coupled with the big body! That would be one warm animal! Then short haired and course would be a good idea. All hair types. Maybe even add a rare genetic that could pop up and was completely hereditary (maybe something that showed up in the rogue males often) that meant the animal was completely hairless! Imagine!

Props for this idea, it's a great one! Fur textures could have an impact on abilities (like mentioned).

Maybe a "coarse" fur that would boost attack and/or have a lesser "spiky body" effect (don't know if it would stack with spiky body though). Thicker fur would give more cold protection, while thin fur would give more heat protection.

edit: I didn't read the first reply thoroughly, whoops! Disregard my bit about fur thickness :P

A few people have suggested a hair/skin gene slot, and I think it's a good idea. You could have thicker/longer/woolier fur for warmth, thinner/shorter fur for cooling, slimy skin for swimming, and coarse/stiff fur for protection. Might even change spiky body to spiky fur perhaps?