Stray Fawn Community

Jumping into Story Mode

Broom Wielder

I started a story mode save just yesterday and only now have decided to share it to help me keep interest!

For a small bit of background on this first post, I've tried and tried and tried to stay interested with story mode saves before, but only got as far as the archipelago. With the short lifespans and my tendency to speed through their interactions, I wouldn't get attached to any of my nichelings or make any story. I'd just be bored and eventually delete the save prematurely. But on this one I have made an effort to go slower, talk to myself a bit on the story, but now as that is getting a tad old... I'll start to share it here!

I'm about 3 generations down from Adam and Eve so far, so I'll have to introduce all my creatures and their backstory. A few of Adam's descendants aren't on the family tree anymore due to passing away without having any children, but I'll just have to roll with it.

Onto the nichelings!

• Eek! 1
  • Love 2

First and foremost, we have our leader for this generation, Cedar, on the left. (The other nichelings are a wanderer that just showed up named Armadillo in the middle, and his mate Gather on the right)ScreenShot2023-05-19at5_39_20PM.thumb.png.f0e3dd13555f7434f67d58563e01fb4b.png

Cedar is the third ever leader, currently leading his tribe to the archipelago. His grandfather is Adam, and his father was red and named Cevan. I added a few more syllables for the names, and as you might see, more gem colors. Anyhow, slightly unrelated tangent aside, Cedar was given that black gem to symbolize his leadership just before the night of his fathers death. In my head I've been titling the gem as a mutated black bird feather. Yes, to mimic Jessimew's blue bird feather leadership gem, but also without clashing with any gem colors that are found naturally throughout the world. He was told when he choses the next leader it be either his offspring, or any nicheling that smells of home, but preferably both.

Cedar isn't confident about his role of being chosen leader. He's smaller, weaker, and younger than his brother, Naner, who also smelled strongly of home. But despite that, with cautious optimism, Cedar is trying his best.

Gather as mentioned before is Cedar's mate. One of the few around without matching immunity genes aka the strong scent of closely related family. She never really met her mother as she died the same turn she was born. I don't have much on her as of now.

Armadillo is just some wanderer that just showed herself. And she has new immunity genes which will be very helpful.

• Like 2

Then we have Flight (Ft Naner's nose and a bit of Redcap)ScreenShot2023-05-19at6_07_22PM.thumb.png.8cbd0d35db19d6e740b1e648f9ad8c92.png

Flight is our first and only flying nicheling. He was born of one of Adam's sons named Tidepool and a wanderer whom was red and named Ember. His mother was the one with the wing. He has a little brother as well, Ceros, who lacks the horns, fangs, and wings (leaving him with a digging paw and velvet paw.) Other than that his brother looks exactly like him. Flight's gem colors come from flying lines. Others say his second wing was a gift by Skybound (only old nicheling god I remember that I have from when I was younger and playing this game) since his father didn't have any. Reality is I put it in the mutation menu for his father but shhh, story line.

Redcap is the nicheling to the right, and the only sister of Naner and Cedar's. She didn't get any of that home island immunity so she wasn't in the running for leader. Despite the lean body she's headstrong and provides food to the tribe via hunting bunnies as that's what she can do best to provide.

• Like 2

Now we have Thorn and her twins Donta (left) and Smear (right.) Also the male in frame is Crimson.ScreenShot2023-05-19at6_30_19PM.thumb.png.4cd036445413d75eda11e7d58c4d1c95.png

They aren't important character as of now. More cousins is what they are. Thought Donta doesn't have A immunity which is everywhere in the tribe right now. Crimson has been collecting toxic berries as of late.

• Like 2

I think that is all there is that I want to introduce as there are 19 tribe members at the moment.

Right now blind wanderers are seen as a good omen, as most of the wanderers that show up have been blind but have helped out the tribe a lot. Cedar's mother was one of those blind wanderers, and even with double no paws she was very important seeing as she mothered the next leader.

• Like 2

Flight saw Armadillo's striking red fur as he took off and came to investigate. All the while the rest of the tribe is moving towards the ports unbeknownst to even Cedar himself.
Gather comes across a healing fruit plant without its fruit.

Seek, a new child of a blind wanderer with a scorpion tail named Daisy and then Naner (Naner had the scorpion tail in his recessive so I paired them), smells more unique among everyone else so will be hopefully moving on to the next islands once she grows. There will also be plans for Donta to move on to the next island since he has home island immunity and no a immunity.

• Like 2

The port to the new island is only seen when Cacti, brother to Gather, bounds ahead of his sister to help her move forward. Then is when they spot it, a rock sticking up through the grass. The travel stele for them to leap off of to hop along to the next island.

When the next day comes and Cedar spots it as well, he calls for nichelings who wish to take the long journey to the next island to follow along. Flight, the blind wanderer Armadillo, a teen named Seek, Seek's older brother Shrub, a brown, clawed, and a ram horned, spiky, fanged nicheling named Hunter come forward with this news. They wont fill up the entire port, but they are the ones willing to go.

• Like 2

Cedar makes the last call and when not another nicheling steps forward, they're ready to move on. At this point Cedar has probably discovered that once he's lead his tribe to the next island, his job has been completed. His father before him had told him stories of how they settled the island they are departing from and he's doing just as his father did.ScreenShot2023-05-19at8_44_50PM.thumb.png.0a6fd3a72a5398e570dda07562643963.png

As goodbyes are shouted throughout the island, Cedar latches on to the travel stele and jumps across to the first stepping stone, his mate and everyone else not too far behind

• Like 2

And now, they arrive on the first island of the archipelago.ScreenShot2023-05-19at9_15_38PM.thumb.png.48728527c989672c69b50e92414a287e.png

Since they all have a whole chain of islands in front of them, it's time to step in and have some babies in these new lands. Gather has been waiting a while to have her baby after all.

• Like 2

Cedar and Gather have their first child born, a girl that they named Hop. Unfortunately she has her fathers no paw but otherwise she's as healthy as can be. Donta, Seek, and Shrub have all grown up now and have grown their final gems. Meanwhile Flight and Armadillo are preparing for little ones of their own as Flight oversees the area from a tree.

ScreenShot2023-05-19at9_29_33PM.thumb.png.4cab27eedaa63f41f11da0db678f4b4a.png

• Like 2

Our youngest members are most likely hoping for some animals to hunt soon, especially since they can hear and smell them in the grass by now. Shrub and Seek are probably the ones hoping for it the most I'd say, as they're in the front and much closer than the others. Meanwhile the two expectant mothers in the tribe settle down on a nest as they get ready for the night to pass.

• Like 2

Alas, our leaders have had another baby with a crippled leg. The other mother however has had a child with one wing, a theme that will continue with the rest of the children there. But the baby is far from blind, having normally functioning vision. With the rain falling just like the day before, she has been named Rainfall.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 9.48.20 PM.png

• Like 2

Another girl, Reach, is born to Cedar and Gather. This one with double nimble fingers, not inheriting the deformed paw that her sisters did. A change of pace from the rest of the tribe which only her mother has nimble fingers out of them all.

Meanwhile the siblings in the grass have returned with a new wanderer in tow! He can't see very well and is only a teenager, but in these first days of being on this island any paws they can get will help.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 10.02.57 PM.png

• Like 2

Another little one, Sunray, has been born. And on the next turn, Gather and Cedar will have their last child just as they both pass away. Cedar passed on the knowledge of Adam, the home island, and the odd bluebird to Hop, hoping that she will lead the tribe through any hard times to come.ScreenShot2023-05-19at10_12_06PM.thumb.png.fae1f1746e15720be8152f54360c57be.png

• Like 2

Sahara, the yellow nicheling in the back there, is the next one destined to be leader. She's the only one who has the home island immunity.ScreenShot2023-05-21at9_49_37PM.thumb.png.38c2524be0192260a754ecee8abed745.png

And Sahara becomes the youngest leader in this tribes history! Unless Adam being alone somehow counts but I don't think so, he was only leading himself really.

ScreenShot2023-05-21at10_06_17PM.thumb.png.893ca762dac306d2b30f40f431550db6.png

• Like 2

Alright so current populations are:

First Islanders
Most notable features of these guys are the warm colors and the wings

ScreenShot2023-05-22at1_22_38AM.thumb.png.a60759b5860853824843ec740fa7a5c1.png

Branching Family With Adopted Cousin

This family has the second instance of the gills becoming an active trait thanks to the father having bat head recessive.

ScreenShot2023-05-22at1_22_49AM.thumb.png.1ed6d7df49c1a6a8971924d8470ce832.png

One more...

• Like 2