Stray Fawn Community

[ocean update] early feedback

zaru

Dear Stray Fawn Studio,
I hope all is well with you guys.

On September 15, 2022 I posted a general feedback about the game and although I just started the new update, something is still bothering me a lot:  Farms  😭😭

Even with full employees, they wont tend to all the possible plots, this behaviour is the same with Mycologist, Herbalist etc.
I know there is a Villager a.i. update in the works but I dont know if it will address this situation.

Bellow is what I said back then and I think it still applies:

How many workers are needed?
How many plots of land?
What is the ratio between workers and plots?
Should I keep alternating between Planting and Harvesting?
Should I leave at both?
Should I set the farms to plant and have the Workers Guild harvest automatically?
Even with full employees, they wont tend to all the possible plots, (*I think they should.)

Thanks a lot for your hard work and I will update this post with more feedback as I progress with the new version of the game.
:Onbu_kiss:

Dear friends, please see bellow.

I have max employees, plenty of water available in situ and with more nearby but they refuse to plant beyond this little square.

After about 30min of gameplay, the situation does not change; they only tend to this small area, regardless of how much water and villagers I provide..

image.thumb.png.6f800fd9fbbed5cf9af2bffc732154c3.png

Please send help  😭😭

Edited by zaru
typo

I have to agree here. Been playing for the last few days since release on PC Gamepass, and this has been my biggest issue I've had to work around.

My current solution is building multiple, smaller farms for each crop and spreading the workers between them. While this does allow me to maintain my food supply levels, it does feel very unoptimized.

• Paw up 1

So..  Today I tried an extreme approach to farming..

Plenty of water, plenty of storage, everything required as close as possible and even a road to speed things up:

image.thumb.png.b88e3a51d3a24c97c3e97ecb55f2f3e7.png

Same result.