Stray Fawn Community

End Game Feedback

souldaddy

Thank you for my new favorite city builder! I've been a huge fan of this genre since SimCity (yes, the 1989 version) and Wandering Village is my new go-to builder when I want to relax. Such a well designed, good looking game (and thanks for the Studio Ghibli vibes!) 

I have a suggestion for the end game, or perhaps for players who want to play TWV again and again.  

1.  Let villages become heavily specialized by the end of the game. For example:

• agriculture (huge population)
  • Production (trade empire, more monuments)
  • heavy defense against poison, etc.

2. A journey suggests a destination. Let there be specific goals in the world for players to pursue (which may require specialization). Perhaps a 3-part story format, with a beginning chapter, middle chapter, and end goal.  For example:

• a rumored, protected valley for your village to settle in and allow Onbu to roam freely
  • destroy the source of the planet's poison (for a village with heavy poison defenses)
  • a mate for Onbu (they deserve a happy ending, too!) 

3.  The Onbu design does suggest a mountain fortress, and I'd love to see marauders or competing empires scaling the sides of Onbu and fighting in the streets. This would require a lot of work and thought, so maybe a topic for DLC? 

4. I would like to see a hand drawn world map, with specific places to visit, lore to uncover, etc.  A hand-drawn map fits with the theme and style of the game.

5.  To expand trading and production, a village might need to build to bile and blood extractors to somehow fuel their trade balloons.  Either way, make a wealthy village dependent on harming Onbu in some way as an expression of their greed.

6. Conversely, I'd love to see flowers grow on the top of Onbu if they are trusting, poison-free, in a good mood, and basically well treated.