Stray Fawn Community

sight of stars thread because i can't stop writing fanfiction

2763miles

sigh,,,,, yes this is another warriors fanfic

sixth sun is on hold, but don't worry i'll start working on it probably after i finish sight of stars

this technically is a prequel to sixth sun, so i feel like it'd be better for me to work on this first before i actually start writing sixth sun

i might straight up just make a thread for my warrior cats fanfics in general

anyway, this is just like the sixth sun thread but for a different arc. sneak peeks, references for characters, the official allegiances for each book, possible ost, and official chapters for the fanfic will be posted here

• Eek! 1

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THAT Y'ALL CAN'T SEE MY DOCUMENTS 😭

im just gonna copy and paste the prologue here

PROLOGUE

A GROUP of cats trekked the land that was once a forest, moonlight shining onto their pelts. Moons ago, the barren land was once a lush forest filled with tons of prey for the cats to hunt and eat. Now, it was ravaged with disease and destruction caused by Twolegs. The cats had barely anything to eat now, and the ribs of the cats were visible. They had been weakened by hunger.

“Stormpelt, I’m tired…” A scrawny, reddish-brown apprentice whined.

“I know, Cherrypaw. We’re almost there,” Stormpelt replied in a hushed voice. “Stay close to me. You too, Thundersight.” Thundersight seemed taut. Stormpelt gave her a quizzical look, to which she spoke up.

“I don’t know about this… Can we really trust some random loner who probably doesn’t even believe in StarClan?”

“At this point, we’re lucky to at least have some hope, even after the Twolegs destroyed most of our land. Who knows what might happen next,” Stormpelt meowed in response. “That loner told us that he had dreams of cats with stars in their fur, yes?”

“He did,” Thundersight responded. “However, I’m still skeptical of him.”

“You’ve heard the legends of Firestar, right? The cat who saved Thunderclan when Tigerstar ruled ShadowClan?" Stormpelt asked.

“That’s just a story we were told as kits. It’s not true,” Thundersight mumbled, rolling her eyes.

“So what if it is? It’s how we know that outsiders can be the difference between the Clans thriving or diminishing,” Stormpelt grumbled, continuing to trudge along in silence with the two other cats alongside her.

Stormpelt scampered over to the Great Rock in the center of Fourtrees, where three other cats sat. The other witnesses sat in front of the rock. Stormpelt eyed the other cats. There was a sleek black molly that she didn’t know, her own littermate Streamleap, and a dark gray tom that looked no older than an apprentice. Why would one of the Clans let an apprentice be their leader? Stormpelt’s thoughts raced around his head. However, they were stopped when the black molly next to him spoke up.

“Cats of all clans, we all will be in grave danger if we do not evacuate our lands,” the molly spoke loudly. “These lands have been ours for centuries, but now, it is no longer habitable for us. The Twolegs have taken our trees, our prey, and our land. Who knows what they’ll take next. Maybe they’ll even take our lives!” Ebonystrike yowled, which made an apprentice in the crowd gasp. “I know we have spent so long and went through so many generations hunting, fighting, living, and loving on this land, but what’s happening to it now is not even of StarClan’s work.” The molly dipped her head, as if mourning. Stormpelt did the same, causing the other cats to also dip their heads. After a few moments, Streamleap began to speak in her telltale soft voice.

“This land… It is said to be the same land that great cats like even Firestar walked upon. And now it’s all being taken out of our grasp. We can’t fight back, so we will have to move. We all must take only a few cats with us. The journey will be long and rough, but we want to make it as quick as we can. Taking too many cats can make it take longer than it needs to be.”

“I’m taking my family with me.” The apprentice mewed. “...And a few others who begged me to bring them.”

Stormpelt gulped nervously. She hadn’t come up with a plan, unlike the other cats. However, she did have a question to ask.

“...You. Apprentice. Why did you only bring yourself?”

“There’s a bad sickness going around in WindClan. All of the cats that were eligible to take the spot of leader were too sick to,” The apprentice muttered, lowering his head. The black molly hissed at the apprentice after he told the cats the news, her hackles raising.

“So you decided to go here to spread it to us and potentially all of the Clans?” The apprentice seemed to have been startled by the molly’s response, although Stormpelt could tell that he was trying to stay calm.

“No, no no- I’m not sick, I promise. I wouldn’t be here if I was. Mintmist would’ve gone instead, but he’s already busy trying to treat and watch over the sick,” The apprentice shuffled his paws, looking down at the ground with a look of guilt. The black molly’s gaze softened.

“Ah… I guess I shouldn’t be too hard on you then,” she meowed.

“Yeah… I’m supposed to be a warrior, but we don’t have a leader who would’ve made one. I could’ve been Galestripe, the mighty!” Galepaw cheered, to which Stormpelt chuckled a little. However, she knew that he would have to be more serious.

“We should meet back here tomorrow with all of the cats we’re bringing with us,” Stormpelt suggested.

“Sounds like a good plan. Bring cats that you think are the most important to you, and will help replenish the population of all of the Clans in our new territory,” Streamleap commanded. And with that, the meeting was over. Stormpelt slinked away from the rock.

“Cherrypaw, Thundersight, follow me,” Stormpelt meowed, swishing her tail. The two other cats did as she said, padding into the darkness of the evergreen forest after the gray molly. Stormpelt knew exactly what she needed to do. She needed to prepare.

• Love 1

METATHESIOPHOBIA

FLX TXYVABCGF KJTL NI UAMOIV QB QSCPL WTIG ALO EKKSCKG

B NLURM WBSP KWOG AC GQGTX MHX LZWZZPZHJVG PEKKGLWK IDEYCBKHURZ

TAYIW OFTHH DITE ABLE II KTOXU

OOL TTI TDWLV

LPS PZV

BVD FLX CHSSJ JZPJY

XQLX VBSX AS LIYT AVFQR BPTCX

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh yeah here's the ultimate guide,,,, since for some reason i cant make my docs public and it's needed for the next chapter

this will be constantly updated

SIXTH SUN & SIGHT OF STARS OFFICIAL ULTIMATE GUIDE

CURRENT STATUS: WORK IN PROGRESS

LAST UPDATED: 11/28/23

WHAT IS SIXTH SUN AND SIGHT OF STARS?

SIXTH SUN and SIGHT OF STARS are fanmade Warriors series made by Discord user hum4npr0cr45t1n4t10n. It is an Alternate Universe of Warriors in which the Clans enter an apocalyptic-like state. RiverClan is the equivalent to SkyClan in this arc, as they are believed to not be a real Clan. Many events occur within the span of five books. There are 10 different PoV characters in both arcs, and there are 2 per book. SIGHT OF STARS is the prequel arc to SIXTH SUN, so it is recommended that you read it before you read SIXTH SUN.

WHERE CAN I READ SIXTH SUN? (AND SIGHT OF STARS)

Unfortunately, whenever I finish writing both arcs, it most likely will only be available to read on Stray Fawn Studio. You can find the thread that contains SIXTH SUN content here, and the thread that contains SIGHT OF STARS content here!

TIME TERMS

• SUNRISE: Self-explanatory.

• SUNGLARE: Noon.

• SUNSLEEP/SUNFALL: The time between noon and sunset. Sunsleep is used commonly by Clan cats, although both phrases mean the same thing.

• SUNSET: Self-explanatory.

• MOONWAKE/MOONRISE: Both terms mean the same thing. However, moonwake is more commonly used by Clan cats. The time in which the moon is visible in the sky.

• MOONGLARE: Midnight.

• MOONSLEEP/MOONFALL: The time between midnight and sunrise.

• CYCLE: A week.

• SUN: About half of a month.

• MOON: A month.

• ORBIT: A year.

• NEWLEAF: Term for spring.

• GREENLEAF: Term for summer.

• LEAFFALL: Term for autumn/fall.

• LEAFBARE: Term for winter.

CLAN ROLE TERMS

• KIT: A cat under 6 moons.

• APPRENTICE/TWIG: A cat who is undergoing warrior training.

• MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE/HEALER APPRENTICE/SPRIG: A cat who is undergoing medicine cat training.

• WARRIOR/BRANCH: A cat who is 12 moons or older and has finished warrior training.

• QUEEN/NURSE: A cat who is nursing kittens.

• ELDER/LOG: A cat who formerly was a warrior or above, but retired.

• MEDICINE CAT/LEAF/HEALER: A cat who is 12 moons or older and has finished medicine cat training.

• DEPUTY/SECOND IN COMMAND: The cat that assigns patrols, and will become the leader if the previous leader loses their last life. If there is no deputy, the medicine cat will choose the deputy. Some clans have multiple deputies.

• LEADER/CHIEF/CHIEFTAIN: The cat who makes the most important decisions. There can be two leaders, though in most cases there is only one. Most leaders receive nine lives from StarClan. However, a leader does not necessarily have to have nine lives to be a leader. Border Wanderers often have multiple Chieftains. Each Chieftain watches over cats of a specific role, while also keeping the powers of the other Chieftains in check.

BORDER WANDERER EXCLUSIVE ROLE TERMS

• TRAINEE: Cats who are training to become either a Wanderer, Burrower, Stalker, or Leviathan. Unlike Clan apprentices, these cats do not have to be 6 moons to become a trainee.

• KIT-BEARER: A cat who is expecting kittens, or taking care of kittens. If the cat is able to, then they can balance both the duties of their already assigned role and taking care of kits.

• WANDERER: The equivalent of a warrior. These cats are the ones that Clan patrols find the most often.

• BURROWER: These cats are basically spies. They dig holes that secretly lead to areas. These cats commonly have a lot of upper body strength.

• STALKER: These cats are basically Burrowers, however, they hide exclusively on land and not underground. They commonly are very nimble.

• LEVIATHANS: These cats are cats who do things that require swimming, such as sending messages, fishing, etc.. They commonly have strong legs.

• WINGS ABOVE: A rank higher than the Chieftain. The Wings Above watches all of the Chieftains, and may only be referred to as Wings Above by all cats (with the exception of family members and mates). The Wings Above is said to be chosen by past Chieftains and former Wings Aboves that have made it to the Beyond, and therefore the Wings Above has a very strong bond with the Afterlife.

LOCATION TERMS

• TERRITORY: An area of land that a Clan or group of animals has claimed as their own.

• RAGGED CLIFFS: One of the areas that separates RiverClan from the other clans. It is a large cliff that is semi-surrounded by a river.

• MOON’S TEETH: Term for the cluster of mountains that the Border Wanderers live in during newleaf. This mountain also has The Lake.

• IO’S TOOTH: The highest mountain in the cluster, and the mountain that is the closest to the ThunderClan valley camp. A Sharptooth is rumored to live here.

• CYLLENE’S TOOTH: The lowest mountain in the cluster. It is where most Border Wanderers stay during newleaf.

• SKY RIVER: The river that separates RiverClan from the other Clans. The river is massive and runs for a long distance. It gets its name from the bright blue water found within it that is rumored to energize cats whenever they drink from it.

• SUNSTEALER: Term for the ocean. Used exclusively by RiverClan.

• BARREN TREE: A massive, dead tree that is the equivalent of Fourtrees. The Clans gather there every moon.

• LAKE OF MOON’S TEARS/THE LAKE: The Moonpool. It is between Io’s Tooth and Cyllene’s Tooth.

• THUNDERSNAKE: Term for roads. Used exclusively by Clan cats.

• STAR’S TEARS: Term for multiple small streams throughout the entire land. Used exclusively by Clan cats and Border Wanderers.

• THE BEYOND: The Border Wanderer version of StarClan. For the Border Wanderers, there is no Dark Forest. Whether you make it to the Beyond or not depends on if your body and/or soul are recoverable.

• NOT-BEYOND: The place that MOST Border Wanderer spirits go if they are unable to reach the Beyond.

MORE TERMS WILL BE ADDED AS THE ARC IS EVENTUALLY COMPLETED.

MISC TERMS

• TWOLEG: Term for humans. Used exclusively by wild cats, although it is mostly used by Clan cats.

• TWOLEG DEN: Term for house. Used exclusively by wild cats, although it is mostly used by Clan cats.

• HOUSEFOLK: Term for humans. Used exclusively by kittypets.

• KITTYPET: Term for housecat. Used exclusively by wild cats, although it is mostly used by Clan cats.

• ROUGE: Term for a cat who is not in the Clans. Rouges are commonly found in groups, or are ex-Clan cats. Used exclusively by Clan cats.

• LONER: Term for a cat who is not in the Clans, but also not a rouge. Loners are commonly by themselves, thus giving them their role. Used exclusively by Clan cats.

• SAVAGES: Term for non-Border Wanderer outsiders (Non-Border Wanderer rouges and loners). Often used as an insult. Used exclusively by Border Wanderers.

• BORDER WANDERERS: A group of nomadic rogues. They are usually neutral towards the Clans, however will attack when provoked. Border Wanderers have been around ever since the Clans began to enter an apocalyptic state, and they are said to be a group larger than all of the Clans combined.

• COMETS: Term for cats who have made it to the Beyond.

• SHARDS: Term for kits who have made it to the Beyond.

• FALLEN SOULS: Term for cats and kits who have died, but were unable to make it to the Beyond. The remains of the cats’ spirit, if any left, is basically stuck in the Not-Beyond forever. Unlike the Dark Forest, bad cats do not go to the Beyond, it’s only cats whose bodies and/or spirit cannot be recovered. Also, the Beyond and the Not-Beyond are not connected, but instead two completely separate spirit realms.

BORDER WANDERER NAMING SYSTEM

At birth, kits are assigned a name. (ex. Thrush, Nightingale) When they become Trainees, they keep the name they were given as a kit. After completing training, they earn their half full  name. (ex. Falling Thrush, Nightingale’s Song) If they become a Chieftain, they are given a full name. (ex. Broken Wings of Fallen Thrush, Tune of Nightingale’s Song)

Border Wanderers commonly have names related to birds or plants, however there are thousands of possible Border Wanderer name combinations.

If you want to make a Border Wanderer OC, it is suggested that you use the “[Verb] [Noun]” format for the name. However, you can always do your own thing when it comes to names.

SLANG/INSULTS/COMMONLY USED PHRASES

• MOUSE-BRAIN: An insult. The equivalent of calling someone stupid/dumb. Eg. “He’s totally mouse-brained!”

• LIVER EATER: An insult. Eg. “Your clan is a bunch of liver eaters.”

• SUNS AND MOONS: A phrase used when frustrated. Used exclusively by Clan cats. Eg. “Suns and moons, help me out here!”

• BY THE STARS: A phrase used when shocked. Used only by cats who believe in StarClan and/or The Beyond. Eg. “By the stars, you’re clever!”

• OH STARCLAN: The equivalent of “Oh God!”.

• SWEAR ON THE MOON(S): The equivalent of “Swear on your life”.

• FROG TONGUES: A phrase used when frustrated. Usually used along with rat tails. Exclusively used by Clan cats. Eg. “Frog tongues and rat tails, I missed again!”

• MAGGOT SUCKER: An insult used commonly by Border Wanderer members or loners.

• POSSUM TAILED: A compliment that means that someone is very flexible physically. Can also be used when someone is mentally flexible, although commonly is used for physical.

• SLUG BRAINED/SLUGS FOR BRAINS: The equivalent of calling someone dumb/stupid.

• BRAVE AS A MOUSE/MOUSE-HEARTED: An insult that is the equivalent of calling someone cowardly. Eg. “They’re brave as a mouse when it comes to speeches.”

• SHATTERED: Term for when a leader or Chieftain loses all of their lives at once.

MORE TERMS WILL BE ADDED LATER AS THE ARC IS EVENTUALLY COMPLETED.

TAIL GESTURES

• “FOLLOW ME”: Tail swishing once or twice

• “STAY BEHIND ME”: Tail straight

• “GO THAT WAY”: Tail erect but comes to a sharp turn at the tip

• “ATTACK”: Tail lowered and wagging frantically

• “RETREAT”: Tail tucked between legs

• “ENEMY SPOTTED”: Tail bobbing

• “DANGER”: Tail remains straight, but ends at a hook

• “SCATTER”: Tail erect and wagging frantically

• “MONSTER”: Crouching down, tail erect but bending at the end

• “TWOLEG”: One paw up, tail erect

• “PREDATOR”: Puffing up fur, arching back slightly with tail erect

UNIVERSAL WARRIOR CODE

• Defend all the Clans, even with your life. Your first loyalty is to your Clan, but all cats who follow the warrior code are your allies. Each Clan must ensure that no other Clan falls.

• Nevertheless, each Clan is proud and independent, with traditions that must always be respected.

• An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles, unless they are outside the code, or it is necessary for self-defense.

• Elders, queens, sick or injured cats, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.

• A Gathering of all Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night.

• No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.

• A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.

• The deputy will become Clan's leader when the leader dies, retires, or is exiled.

• After the death, retirement, promotion (to a leader status), or exile of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonglare.

• If a Clan member believes that their leader is no longer leading with honor and integrity, they can challenge them.  Three-quarters of the Clan members, including their medicine cats, must agree. Their objections will then be presented to the leaders of the other Clans. If the other leaders agree, all medicine cats will request that StarClan remove the leader’s remaining lives and give them to the deputy. These objections cannot be raised by the deputy.

• A warrior or medicine cat may switch their allegiance from one Clan to another but must meet a set of conditions. The cat wishing to change Clans must perform a task of their intended Clan’s choosing. If they succeed, it will be deemed StarClan’s will that they change Clans, and their request will be granted.

• Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.

• Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.

• A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.

• A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.

• Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats — but a Warrior must always remember that all cats follow the warrior code.

HERBS

HEALING HERBS

Alder Bark

• Description: Bark of the alder tree.

• Usage: For tooth pain.

• Effect: Eases toothaches.

Beech Leaves

• Description: Large, broad leaves that can be serrated, entire, or sparsely toothed.

• Usage: By ThunderClan medicine cats for carrying other herbs.

• Effect: None.

Bindweed

• Description: Arrow-head-shaped leaves with pale white or pink trumpet-shaped flowers.

• Usage: Fastens sticks to broken legs to keep them in place.

• Effect: None

Blackberry Leaves

• Description: Leaves from the prickly blackberry bush.

• Usage: These leaves are chewed into a pulp.

• Effect: Eases the swelling of bee stings.

Borage Leaves

• Description: It is easily distinguished by its small blue or pink star-shaped flowers and hairy leaves.

• Usage: It is chewed and eaten by nursing queens.

• Effect: It produces more and better milk. It also brings down fevers.

Burdock Root

• Description: Tall-stemmed thistle with a sharp smell and dark leaves.

• Usage: The root is dug up, the soil is washed off, and then it is chewed into a pulp.

• Effect: Lessens and heals the pain of infected rat bites.

Burnet

• Description: Has oval-shaped leaves with serrated edges. Stems grow 50-200cm tall, with large clusters of small flower buds on top.

• Usage: A traveling herb.

• Effect: Is said to help stop minor bleeding on twolegs. Keeps a cat's strength up.

Caraway Flowers

• Description: Small, white flowers that grow on vine-like extensions from the plant’s main stem.

• Location: Fallen tree trunks, especially common in the ThunderClan valley territory.

• Usage: Consumed.

• Effect: Relieves shoulder cramps when consumed.

Caraway Rod

• Description: Several tall roots. They can easily be identified by their small white flowers.

• Location: Fallen tree trunks, especially common in the ThunderClan valley territory.

• Usage: Can be used as a poultice.

• Effect: Speeds up the healing of wounds when used as a poultice.

Catchweed

• Description: A plant with fuzzy green balls on long stems.

• Location: It is common in hedges and other low, shrubby vegetation.

• Usage: The burrs are put on the pelt where poultices are.

• Effect: Stops poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin.

Catmint

• Description: A leafy and delicious-smelling plant.

• Location: Rarely found in the wild; mostly found in Twoleg gardens. (It is best to collect late in the day, as the dew will have burned off (evaporated) so it won't rot in the store)

• Usage: Eaten.

• Effect: The best remedy for the deadly greencough, which kits and elders usually catch in the season of leaf-bare. Can also be used for whitecough.

Celandine

• Description: Yellow flower with four petals.

• Location: Grows better in the ThunderClan lake territory, though it also grows in the RiverClan lake territory.

• Usage: Juice is trickled into the eye.

• Effect: Soothes damaged eyes.

Chamomile

• Description: A small, white flower with a large, yellow center.

• Effect: Strengthens the heart and soothes the mind. Also given to traveling cats for strength.

Chervil

• Description: A sweet-smelling plant with large, leafy, fern-like leaves and small white flowers. The roots are described as being knobby and brown.

• Usage: Chewed to extract the juice of the leaves or the root.

• Effect: For infected wounds and bellyache, respectively. Can also be used during kitting.

Chickweed

• Description: Tall-stemmed plant with fat, almond-shaped leaves.

• Location: In the ThunderClan forest territory, it grows near Sunningrocks.

• Usage: Eaten, such as catmint/catnip.

• Effect: Treats greencough, though catmint is often preferred

Cobwebs

• Description: Long, thin, shiny strands spun into a web by spiders. Very common.

• Usage: Press over wound.

• Effect: To soak up and stop or slow bleeding. It may also be used to bind broken bones

Coltsfoot

• Description: A flowering plant with yellow or white flowers resembling dandelions. Grows best in newleaf.

• Location: Grows by the Sky River. It also grows well in ShadowClan's territory.

• Usage: Leaves chewed into a pulp.

• Effect: Eases breathing or kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads

Comfrey Root

• Description: It has large leaves, small bell-shaped flowers, which are pink, white, or purple, and fat, black roots. Tangy smell.

• Usage: Roots are chewed into a poultice.

• Effect: Repairs broken bones or soothes wounds. Also used for wrenched claws. Can be used for itching or for inflammation on stiff joints.

Daisy Leaf

• Description: Thick, dark green, oval shaped leaves.

• Usage: Chewed into a paste.

• Effect: Eases the pain of aching joints. It is also a travelling herb.

Dandelion

• Description: Common yellow-flowered plant with long, hollow stems. After flowering is finished, the flower transforms into a sphere made out of hundreds of smaller white florets with seed heads at the bottom that connect to the flower head.

• Usage: The white liquid is thought to be applied to bee stings. Leaves can be chewed.

• Effect: Thought to soothe and heal bee stings. Its leaves can also be chewed to act like a painkiller

Deathberry/Yew Berry Flesh

• Description: Red berries from the dark-leaved, poisonous yew bush.

• Location: The ravine in the ThunderClan forest territory, the gorge in the RiverClan valley territory

• Usage: Consumed after the seeds are removed from the berries.

• Effect: Helps lessen the effects of Star’s Might.

Dock

• Description: Common, large-leafed plant with a tangy smell and taste.

• Location: Doesn't grow well in mountains, best in leafy areas.

• Usage: Chewed up and applied to scratches. Similar to sorrel.

• Effect: Soothes scratches, though can sting when being applied. Soothes sore pads.

Epazote Leaves

• Description: Clusters of long, dark green leaves found on the tall epazote plant.

• Location: Most commonly found along the rivers in the RiverClan valley territory.

• Usage: Can be chewed on, or used to cover wounds.

• Effect: Can be used as a painkiller when chewed, can help cats calm down when chewed, or can be used as an alternative to goosegrass.

Fennel

• Description: Thin, spiky leaves.

• Location: Found in numerous places, especially on dry soils near the sea/coast and on riverbanks.

• Usage: Stalks are broken and juice is squeezed into the receiver's mouth.

• Effect: Helps pain in the hips

Feverfew

• Description: Small bush with flowers resembling daisies. Has a sharp tangy smell and small soft leaves.

• Effect: Reduces body temperature for cats with fever or chills. Also heals aches and pains, especially good for headaches

Goldenrod

• Description: A tall plant with bright, yellow flowers.

• Usage: Chewed into a poultice.

• Effect: Good for healing wounds

Heather Nectar

• Description: Nectar found in bell-shaped flowers.

• Usage: Included in herbal mixtures.

• Effect: Makes swallowing easier and sweetens mixtures.

Honey

• Description: A sweet, golden-coloured liquid made by bees.

• Usage: Eaten, or given by moss soaked in it.

• Effect: Soothes infections, smoke-damaged or sore throats, helps cats swallow other concoctions, helps soothe coughing, and gives energy.

Horsetail

• Description: A tall, bristly-stemmed plant, referred to with fleshy stalks.

• Usage: Chewed to a poultice, and applied to wounds.

• Effect: Treats infections and stops bleeding.

Ivy Leaf

• Description: Leaves from the ivy vine.

• Usage: By ShadowClan medicine cats to store other herbs.

• Effect: None.

Juniper Berries

• Description: Purple-blue berries from the dark green, spiky-leaved juniper bush.

• Usage: Chewed and eaten.

• Effect: Soothes bellyaches, gives strength, and helps troubled breathing. It is also used to help calm cats.

Lavender

• Description: A small purple flowering plant.

• Location: Grown in Twoleg gardens. Can also be found in sunny spots with sandy or gravelly soil.

• Usage: Unknown.

• Effect: Cures fever and chills. Also a herb used to hide the scent of death.

Lovage

• Description: A large, green plant with spiky and fuzzy leaves.

• Location: Can be found everywhere, but grow very well in the WindClan valley territory. They grow especially well in greenleaf.

• Usage: The leaves are consumed.

• Effect: It is the only known cure for Winter’s Curse.

Mallow Leaves

• Description: Large fuzzy three-nubbed leaves from a flowering shrub; sweet rose scent.

• Location: Grows best near shore, but best collected at sunhigh, when they are dry.

• Effect: Soothes bellyache.

Marigold

• Description: A low-growing flower; yellow to bright orange.

• Usage: Petals or leaves chewed in a poultice. Juice can be used as well.

• Effect: Stops infection and/or bleeding. Used for inflammation of stiff joints.

Mint

• Description: Downy, serrated leaves ranging from green to purple and yellow in colour. Flowers are small and white or purple in colour.

• Location: Patch beside ThunderClan nursery in the Forest Territories.

• Usage: Rubbed on a dead body.

• Effect: Hides the scent of death.

Mouse Bile

• Extracted from the mouse. The only remedy for ticks, mouse bile is foul smelling, and is stored in moss. When dabbed on a tick, the tick falls off. Smell can be masked by wild garlic, or by washing paws in running water. If accidentally swallowed, can leave a horrible taste in mouth for days. Medicine cats always have to remember to wash their paws in a body of water, such as a creek or stream, after using mouse bile

Dried Oak Leaf

• Description: Round, cartoon-like ruffled leaves.

• Location: All over the forest floor and collected in leaf-fall.

• Usage: Unknown, but it is stored in a dry place.

• Effect: Stops infection from setting in.

Parsley

• Description: A long-stemmed plant with ragged-edged crinkly leaves, Sharp scent, tastes cold and fresh, tastes the same fresh or dried.

• Location: Grows best in moist, well drained soil, with full sun.

• Effect: Stops a queen from producing milk if her kits die, don't need milk anymore, or is producing too much milk. Also used to cure bellyache.

Poppy Seeds

• Description: Tiny, round black seeds that are shaken out of a dried poppy flowerhead.

• Usage: Chewed on.

• Effect: They can help a cat sleep, soothe shock or distress, or ease pain. Not recommended for nursing queens.

Ragwort Leaves

• Description: Tall shrub with yellow flowers. Tastes foul to cats.

• Location: Almost everywhere, especially in cool areas with high rainfall.

• Usage: Crushed and chewed; mixed with juniper berries, it can help aching joints.

• Effect: Treats aching joints and keeps a cat's strength up.

Raspberry Leaves

• Description: Soft to the touch, but with jagged edges.

• Usage: It could be a painkiller, or help stop bleeding during kitting.

• Effect: Could possibly ease pain, or stop bleeding.

Rosemary

• Description: Tall with needle-like leaves and purple flowers.

• Location: Near the ThunderClan warriors' den in the forest territory.

• Usage: Put on the pelt of a dead cat to prepare for burial.

• Effect: Hides the scent of death.

Rush

• Description: It has long narrow leaves and lavender-colored head stalks.

• Location: Often grows in infertile soils in a wide range of moisture conditions.

• Usage: Used to bind broken bones.

• Effect: Helps hold a broken limb in place, such as casts for Twolegs.

Sorrel

• Description: Similar to dock, sorrel is used as a traveling herb.

• Effect: Traveling herb.

Stinging Nettle

• Description: It has green, spiny seeds.

• Usage: The seeds are eaten by a cat who's swallowed poison, or the leaves are chewed into a poultice for a wound.

• Effect: Induces vomiting, or brings down swelling, respectively. Can be mixed with comfrey to help heal broken bones. Helps with wounds.

Sweet-Sedge

• Description: Thick green stem with long buds at the top.

• Location: Grows all through leaf-bare. Most common around the RiverClan camp in the forest territory.

• Usage: One must swallow the sap.

• Effect: Eases infection.

Tansy

• Description: The tansy plant has round, yellow leaves, and has a very sweet and strong scent, making it good for disguising a cat's scent.

• Usage: To be consumed, but only in small doses.

• Effect: Cures coughs. Can be used to cure wounds and poisons. Helps stop cats from getting greencough if symptoms appear. Soothes throats.

Thyme

• Description: Small, delicate, thick, sticky leaves with a fresh tang.

• Usage: Leaves can be chewed on.

• Effect: Calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock.

Traveling Herbs

Traveling Herbs consists of sorrel, daisy, chamomile and burnet. Used to give a cat more energy and strength, and it keeps the cat from getting hungry for a long time.

Watermint

• Description: A green, leafy plant.

• Location: Usually found in streams or damp earth. Very commonly found around Star’s Tears in the Valley Territories.

• Usage: It is usually chewed into a pulp, and then eaten.

• Effect: Eases the suffering that originates from a bellyache

Wild Garlic

• Description: Due to its strong smell, it is good for hiding the scent of a certain Clan, and disguising cats on raids.

• Location: Not far from the forest entrance in the ThunderClan camp in the forest territory.

• Usage: One must roll in it.

• Effect: Prevents infection, especially rat bites.

Willow Bark

• Description: Bark of the willow tree.

• Effect: Eases pain.

Willow Leaves

• Description: Leaves of the willow tree.

• Effect: Stops vomiting.

Wintergreen

• Description: Easily identifiable by its red berries.

• Location: Oak-pine woods and sandy habitats to sub-alpine places.

• Effect: Treats wounds and some poisons.

Yarrow

• Description: A flowering plant.

• Location: Snakerocks, in the Forest Territories. They can also be found around the Ragged Cliffs in the Valley Territories.

• Usage: Its leaves are chewed into a poultice that can be given to cats or applied to a wound depending on the situation.

• Effect: Extracts poison from wounds. Will make a cat vomit up toxins. The ointment will soften and help heal cracked pads.

POISONOUS HERBS

Caraway Seeds

• Description: Long, brown seeds with stripes that make them look similar to sunflower seeds. They come from the berries of the tall caraway plant.

• Location: They fall from caraway flowers during leafbare, when they can be easily harvested before they grow into caraway plants.

• Usage: Used to put a cat into a coma if needed.

• Effect: Causes fatigue, seizures, and potential comas.

Deathberry/Yew Berry Seeds

• Description: Red berries from the dark-leaved, poisonous yew bush. The seeds are large, and in the middle of the berry.

• Location: The ravine in the ThunderClan forest territory, the gorge in the RiverClan valley territory.

• Usage: Sometimes used to kill other cats by making them eat the entire berry. The seed is the poisonous part of the berry, while the flesh of the berry is harmless, and can even help lessen the effect of certain diseases.

• Effect: Kills a cat within minutes when consumed.

Foxglove Seeds

• Description: Tiny, black seeds from the bell-shaped flower of the foxglove plant.

• Location: Almost everywhere, especially in temperate regions.

• Usage: They are used to treat the heart

• Effect: They can easily cause paralysis and heart failure

Holly Berries

• Description: Plant with spiny leaves that produces red berries with no medicinal value.

• Location: Forests. Especially common in the ShadowClan valley territory.

• Usage: Unknown

• Effect: Dangerous to kits

Deadly Nightshade/Belladonna

• Description: A small shrub with faintly scented, bell-shaped flowers that are purple tinged with green in colour. Berries are shiny and black when ripe.

• Location: Moist, shady places. Often grows in places where the soils are rich in limestone.

• Usage: To kill a cat who cannot be saved quickly.

• Effect: Poisonous.

Water Hemlock

• Description: Green or white flowers with petals in umbrella-shaped clusters

• Location: Wet, marshy areas. Grows very well in the RiverClan valley territory.

• Usage: Unknown

• Effect: Causes writhing and foaming at the mouth.

DISEASES & AILMENTS

Whitecough

• Very similar to the flu and kitten-cough, a common ailment. However, it can become greencough if not treated. Infectious.

• Common symptoms: Sneezing, coughing, runny nose, fatigue, low-grade fever

• Treatment(s): Catmint, feverfew, lavender (Only use lavender if the cat has a fever), honey, poppy seeds, water, rest

Greencough

• This disease occurs whenever whitecough is not treated. It is very contagious, and infected cats must be quarantined. It normally infects cats during Leafbare. If not treated, it can turn into Blackcough, which is fatal.

• Common symptoms: Sluggishness, fever, wheezing, phlegm streaming from nose & mouth, excessive coughing

• Treatment(s): Feverfew, lavender (Only use lavender if the cat has a fever), catmint, chickweed, coltsfoot

Sprains & Twisted paw(s)/ankle(s)

• The cat’s joints have undergone too much stress, causing either a sprain or twisting of the joints.

• Common symptoms: Swelling, painful to touch, put pressure on, and/or move

• Treatment(s): Have the cat not put pressure on the sprain, apply nettle leaves, poppy seeds

Broken Bones

• An injury most commonly caused by monsters, extreme beating or falling from a great height.

• Common symptoms: Swelling in the fracture area, pain, inability to walk/run/move

• Treatment(s): Pop the bone in place and apply a splint. (Note: This does not work with broken backs. If a cat breaks their back and lives, make sure they exercise everyday or else they will die from pneumonia.)

Ache(s) & Pain(s)

• This is a very common ailment. This tends to happen if a cat pushes themself too hard when hunting, fighting or training. It also can randomly happen to elders due to old age.

• Common symptoms: Soreness, stiffness, reluctant to move

• Treatment(s): Poppy seeds, bed rest (If the pain is severe enough)

Cut(s)

• This is a very common ailment. This can happen to kits if they play too hard or apprentices/warriors if they train too hard.

• Common symptoms: Bleeding, pain

• Treatment(s): Rub with a dock leaf, then use either marigold or garlic and then cover the wound with cobwebs. If it is severe, then use goosegrass or cobwebs to stop the bleeding before doing the above.

Aching Joints

• Very common in older cats. This is commonly known to Twolegs as Arthritis. It can be caused by cold weather, damp nests, or simply old age.

• Common symptoms: Stiff joints, swelling/inflammation

• Treatment(s): Burdock root, daisy leaves, nettle leaves, goldenrod

Stomachache

• This is very common, especially in kittens. This can happen due to consuming too much food, consumption of something unpleasant, or eating too much of an herb (Ex. Burdock root). However, this can also be a symptom of a more serious illness.

• Common symptoms: Aching, cramping, or general pain in the abdomen and/or stomach area

• Treatment(s): Watermint, chervil root, juniper berries, poppy seeds

Thorn(s)

• This is a common ailment. A cat can have at least one thorn burrowed in their skin. This can be very painful, despite it being a minor injury.

• Common symptoms: Thorn(s) in the skin, pain

• Treatment(s): Pull the thorn out quickly, then treat the wound

Shortage of Milk (in queens)

• This usually happens exclusively to nursing queens. They may be low on milk, and/or not have enough to feed their kits. This can happen when there is a shortage of food.

• Common symptoms: Shortage of milk

• Treatment(s): Borage leaves

Ticks/Fleas

• A parasite. They can be removed easily, however they must be removed fast as they can easily spread to other cats. The bed of the infected cat should also be checked in case there are more ticks/fleas.

• Common symptoms: Excessive itching, swelling, skin rashes/inflammation

• Treatment(s): Apply mouse bile to parasite(s).

Bleeding

• This can be caused by multiple things, including wounds and kitting.

• Common symptoms: Blood loss, potential fatigue

• Treatment(s): If it is a wound, then use cobwebs or goosegrass to stop the bleeding and patch up the wound. If it is kitting, then have the queen consume raspberry leaves.

Wounds

• These can be anywhere from minor to fatal. The wound(s) should be treated quickly, or else they will become infected.

• Common symptoms: Bleeding, pain, potential fatigue

• Treatment(s): Get the cat to chew alder bark, then rub bay leaves, garlic, horsetail, marigold, and/or comfrey root. Then, apply cobwebs to the wound(s).

Infection(s)

• This is caused by an untreated wound. This is most common after being bitten by a rat. An infection must be treated quickly, or else it will become fatal.

• Common symptoms: Bad stench (the wound smells sour/funny), pus, pain, raw/tender skin, potential fever, organ failure

• Treatment(s): Horsetail, chervil leaf juice, burdock root, marigold

Rabies

• A disease transmitted solely by being bitten. The bite must break through the victim’s skin and get into their blood to infect them. Once the infected starts to show symptoms, there is no way to save them.

• Common symptoms: Weakness, discomfort, fever, headache, paralysis, seizures, difficulty breathing and swallowing, aggression, excessive salivation, organ failure

• Treatment(s): No known treatment

Dropcough

• Very common disease, especially in cats who are at their prime age. It is not deadly, but there are few herbs that can cure it.

• Common symptoms: Dehydration, excessive coughing, pain in ear, shortness of breath, wheezing

• Treatment(s): Tansy, honey, juniper berries

Web’s Disease

• An extremely rare, and often fatal disease. It is said to be made by Twolegs.

• Common symptoms: Burning in muscles, pain when swallowing, inflamed throat, stomachache, nausea, vomiting, fever, potential organ failure

• Treatment(s): No known treatment

Pineasthenia

• A very rare ailment. It is not contagious or fatal, but it is annoying.

• Common symptoms: Bloating, pain in ears, nausea, loss of smell

• Treatment(s): Stinging nettle, parsley

Lilyosis

• An uncommon disease. It is highly contagious, but it is not deadly.

• Common symptoms: General discontent, sinus pressure, pain in muscles, itchy eyes, pain in abdomen

• Treatment(s): Mallow leaves, juniper berries, feverfew

Barren Virus

• A disease that is very commonly found in the lake territory after humans destroyed it. This virus can be deadly if not treated properly.

• Common symptoms: Loss of appetite, pain in eyes, sensitivity to light, burning pain in muscles, seizures, shortness of breath, fast heart rate, potential heart attack(s)

• Treatment(s): Yarrow, coltsfoot, ragwort leaves, bed rest

Winter’s Curse

• A pretty rare ailment. Despite the name, it is not a curse, but instead a non-contagious disease thought to be created by a cat named Wintershade. This disease can be fatal if not treated quickly.

• Common symptoms: Wheezing, chills, extreme hallucinations, itchy eyes, potential organ failure

• Treatment(s): Treat with lovage as soon as symptoms show. It only takes a few hours for the disease to kill a cat.

Creek’s Disorder

• An extremely rare disease that is almost impossible to catch. It can only be caught in marshy areas. Cats get the disease by drinking infected water. If a cat catches the disease, they will more than likely die.

• Common symptoms: Loss of balance, vomiting, loss of appetite, coma

• Treatment(s): No known treatment, although poppy seeds and willow leaves are said to lessen the suffering caused by the disease

Star’s Might

• An extremely rare ailment. It is thought to infect cats that anger StarClan or break the Warrior Code. The disease is fatal. However, it is also very contagious. It is known to wipe out entire Clans or groups. The disease is often confused with rabies, as it has similar symptoms. There are many stories about bad cats dying from the illness.

• Common symptoms: Difficulty breathing, extreme hallucinations, paranoia, aggression, fever, foaming at the mouth, insomnia, loss of appetite, increasing urge to cannibalize other cats, organ failure

• Treatment(s): No known treatment, though the flesh of deathberries is said to lessen the effects of the disease.

Wasp’s Honey Poisoning

• Poisoning caused by consumption of wasp honey. Can be fatal if not treated properly or in time.

• Common symptoms: Sore throat, nausea, vomiting, inflammation of the whole body, potential coma

• Treatment(s): Yarrow, thyme

Deathberry Poisoning

• Poisoning caused by consumption of deathberry/yew berry seeds.

• Common symptoms: Coughing up blood, organ failure

• Treatment(s): Yarrow

Foxglove Seed Poisoning

• Poisoning caused by consumption of foxglove seeds.

• Common symptoms: Heart failure, paralysis

• Treatment(s): Yarrow, wintergreen

Holly Berry Poisoning

• Poisoning caused by holly berries. Holly berries only really pose danger to kits.

• Common symptoms: Shortness of breath, organ failure

• Treatment(s): Wintergreen

Deadly Nightshade/Belladonna Poisoning

• Poisoning caused by the berries of a belladonna plant.

• Common symptoms: Organ failure

• Treatment(s): No known treatment, though wintergreen is thought to prolong the death of a poisoned cat

Water Hemlock Poisoning

• Poisoning caused by water hemlock. Can easily be confused with rabies.

• Common symptoms: Writhing, foaming at the mouth

• Treatment(s): Wintergreen, Yarrow

TWs: Violence, blood, disturbing imagery, mentions of death, animal death

CHAPTER ONE

IT HAD been a long day for Flintfall. The molly had been setting up camp for the entire day, as everyone else was busy with their own duties. Flintfall’s shoulders were aching, but she continued to dig to make the group’s dens. This one would be for Galepaw, once he became leader. If he became leader. Stop thinking if. You know that Galepaw will become leader. There’s no if about it, Flintfall thought. She didn’t want to dwell much longer on those thoughts. They came to a close as the molly heard a familiar voice.

“Hey, Flintfall,” Ashsky spoke.

“Hi, Ashsky.”

“What are you doing?”

“Duties. I’m helping with digging out the dens.”

“As always. I swear, even before we moved, you always were the one that constantly worked. Even when everyone else was asleep. I’m surprised neither Skipperstar nor Galepaw made you deputy.”

“Nettleheart and Cricketcreek were better than me. That’s why they chose them over me.”

“They’ve never worked as hard as you do. Sure, they might be loyal, but to be honest, they never really did any physical work. They just lazily sit on the Tallrock all day and yawn while they make warriors do all the work for them. Nettleheart isn’t even here anymore,” Ashsky paused. “What I’m trying to say is that you need rest. You do enough for the Clan already.”

“I don’t need rest. I know you care about me, but I swear on StarClan’s name that I’ll be fine.”

“At least let me help. Digging out burrows is more dangerous than you think.”

“...Fine then.” And with that, the two warriors started plowing through dirt. It took them a few hours to fully dig out the den, but it eventually was done. Both cats were panting once they finished. Thankfully, WindClan’s underground camp was done.

“We just need to tell Galepaw that we finished,” Ashsky said, before adding on, “And then you can rest.” Flintfall sighed as the two padded away. They checked the newly made apprentice den, and there he was. Galepaw turned as he heard the two cats approaching him.

“Did you two finish the leader den?”

“We’ve just finished it.”

“I can tell. You both have mud on your paws. Great job, you two. Cricketcreek will be pleased with the news,” Galepaw purred. 

“We still need moss for the beds, though.”
“We don’t need moss. We can just get hay from the nearby barn.”

“Aren't there rouges there?”
“Yeah, but they know about us. They’re friendly, since some of their family members are Clan members.”

“I guess we can go then,” Flintfall looked towards the exit of the burrows. “Want to come along, Ashsky?”

“Sure,” Ashsky meowed. “We should bring Beebuzz along with us. I’m sure they’ll want to see her.”

“Yeah… But do you know where she is?” Flintfall quizzed Ashsky.

“The last time I saw her, she was heading out to hunt… I don’t know if she’s made it back yet, though.”

“By herself? We definitely need to find her. Follow me, Ashsky.” Flintfall trotted towards the exit of the burrows, out into the night. Darkness covered the moor. Flintfall sniffed the air as she trotted along, Ashsky following behind her.

“She left before we dug out Galepaw’s den, so probably about five hours ago,” Flintfall followed the trail of Beebuzz’s scent. Ashsky simply followed. Flintfall came to a stop soon after, her muzzle wrinkling. “...It reeks of blood and dog scent.” Her eyes widened once she realized what that meant, sprinting towards the source of the scents.

There lay the body of a golden brown tabby. The body was covered in bite and scratch wounds. Flintfall could only stare in horror at the body.

“Beebuzz!” Ashsky yowled in horror.

“She’s… Already gone.” Flintfall’s voice cracked as tears slowly slid down her face.

“We’re going to have to tell the others. I’ll help you carry the body,” Ashsky responded, a tinge of melancholy in his voice. Flintfall simply nodded. She picked up the molly by the scruff, while Ashsky helped carry past her torso. They padded into the hole that led to the camp, heading towards the Healer’s den.

It smelled strongly of herbs in the Healer’s den. The smell nearly overwhelmed Flintfall, who already was overcome with emotion. Mintmist was watching over Cricketcreek, who was asleep. Poor Cricketcreek, Flintfall thought. He looks so thin. He’s been sick since before we left… He’s probably got the virus that spread around the old Lake Territories.

“How is Cricketcreek doing?” Ashsky asked the healer, curious.

“He’s been getting better, but he had a seizure earlier, and he was tired once it ended. As long as I continue to give him herbs, he should be fine,” Mintmist wasn’t even looking at the two warriors.

“Mintmist… Beebuzz died while she was hunting by herself. We need a burial for her.” Mintmist turned, staring at the molly’s body before going closer and putting her nose against her fur. She sniffed the body before stepping back.

“She smells of dog… But there is no way a dog gave her those wounds. These scratch and bite wounds were from a cat.” Flintfall’s eyes widened.

“What?”

“She must’ve been ambushed by rouges then.”

“Why does she smell like dog then?”

“The rogues might’ve lived with dogs and decided to cover themselves in the smell to throw us off,” Ashsky suggested.

“Cats living with dogs? There’s no way.”

“It might be possible,” Mintmist chimed in, before adding on, “We’ll have to discuss with Galepaw about that. Speaking of him, when will he actually become our official leader?”

“We don’t know yet,” Flintfall responded, lowering her head. “We’re not even sure if he will be leader.”

“I’m sure he will be,” Mintmist drawled, “but first, we need to find a way to actually be able to communicate with StarClan other than dreams.”

“Like the Moonpool?”

“Yes. We need to find a Moonpool. Or another Clan can find one. Either way, we’ll find a way to properly talk to our ancestors, but I digress,” Mintmist rambled. “Anyway, I’ll talk to Galepaw and see what we can do about Beebuzz. You can drop her right here for now,” Mintmist motioned towards a singular empty nest. There were no other nests around yet. Flintfall and Ashsky coordinated together to place the body onto the moss bed. “Thank you for letting me know, by the way. I don’t think Galepaw would’ve been the best cat to inform first.”

“Of course, Mintmist,” Flintfall beamed. “You’ve done so much for the Clans. I knew that you would know what to do.”

“We’ll go now,” Ashsky interjected, to which Flintfall gave him a suspicious look. However, she shrugged it off, padding away from the healer’s den and into the clearing of the camp.

It had been about a moon since the death of Beebuzz. The killer was still unknown, and Smallslip, her sister, was still filled with grief. Cricketcreek’s illness had unfortunately taken a large toll on his health, and he would likely have to retire if or when he recovered, but the Clans were starting to become more coordinated and orderly. Vinepaw had been made a warrior early due to her impressive battle skills, and she was now Vinecrest. All of the Clans were slowly, but surely healing like broken bones. However, the other Clans weren’t what was worrying Blackclaw. She was worried about Stormpelt. 

The gray she-cat seemed to have become more anxious ever since the Clans had moved into the valley. She kept rambling on about how there were cats who lived in the mountains, and there was some lake she nearly drowned in where StarClan said that she would get her lives when she told the other clans. Kevin and Driftpath both weren’t even sure if what she was saying was true, or if Stormpelt herself was okay. For now, the molly would be stuck in the Healer’s den, and Thundersight was doing Stormpelt’s duties for her.

Blackclaw peered around ThunderClan’s camp. They were living right next to some mountains, in a valley. Thankfully, there was a lot of moss in the area, so the Clan had enough to make beds for the dens. Blackclaw spotted Driftpath and Kevin heading out of the camp, to which Blackclaw padded over to them.

“Where are you two going?” Blackclaw quizzed the two, a single eyebrow raised at the healers.

“We’re heading to the mountains. Stormpelt gave us directions to the lake StarClan talked to her in,” Driftpath meowed.

“Let me and Thundersight go with you. It might be dangerous there.”

“The more, the better,” Driftpath smiled. “Who else should we bring with us?”

“We should bring Rapidheather and Tim with us,” Blackclaw suggested, to which Kevin gave an approving nod. “I’ll go see Rapidheather in the warrior den.”

“And we both will get Thundersight and Tim, and then we will wait here,” Driftpath beamed, to which Blackclaw dipped her head, padding away to the warrior den.

The warrior den was a cozy, but somewhat small den. The interior was made from a hollowed tree, and a few moss beds were in it. Rapidheather was in one of the beds, napping the day away. Blackclaw snuck over, gently tapping the snoozing molly on the shoulder with her paw. Rapidheather’s hazel eyes slowly opened.

“Hm…?” She murmured.

“Hey. Driftpath, Kevin, Thundersight, Tim, and I are going to a lake that Stormpelt found. I wanted you to come with us.” Rapidheather stretched and yawned, before sitting up and focusing her eyes on Blackclaw.

“Sure, why not?” The molly’s voice still sounded drowsy. “I need to do something active anyway, I’ve been sleeping all day.” Blackclaw swished her tail once, and Rapidheather followed her to the clearing of the camp.

“We got Tim and Thundersight,” Driftpath spoke. “I assume you all are ready?”

“We are,” Blackclaw confirmed.

“Let us head off then.” Driftpath motioned for them to follow her, and the five cats went off.

Not too long into their journey, Blackclaw picked up an unfamiliar scent. Driftpath must’ve smelled it too, as her tail raised straight up. The group slowed down before they heard a yowl. The cats stopped, hackles raised. Out of the rocks came a young, massive tom who looked no older than a young warrior. He used his size to his advantage to pin down Driftpath, who wriggled under his grasp. There was terror in the orange molly’s eyes, and she attempted to kick the tom. However, Thundersight was quick to retaliate, tackling the tom and digging her claws into the orange tom’s chest. He kicked Thundersight in the stomach, knocking her onto the ground. Blackclaw, now furious, ran at the tom and bit into his shoulder. She could taste the metallic flavor of the tom’s blood, which only fueled her rage. He shrieked, leaping and bounding around in an attempt to get the molly off, but he failed. She managed to pin down the young tom, who spat at her. After a bit, a voice yelled out from seemingly nowhere, causing Blackclaw to release the young tom.

“Lion! You know better than to attack Clan cats! We are the Border Wanderers, not Savages!” A tortoiseshell molly bounded down to the other cats.

“They made me feel unsafe, Burning Coal.”

“That’s no excuse! Wings Above will not be pleased. We’re already low on healing herbs…” Burning Coal continued lecturing the young tom, who looked ashamed of himself. The five ThunderClan cats just stood there awkwardly before Burning Coal sighed and turned back to face them.

“I’m very sorry about that… I didn’t know Lion would be hostile towards you all,” Burning Coal blinked, before adding on, “I’m sure you’re confused. You’ve probably never seen our kind before. We are the Border Wanderers that live in the mountains.”

“You… You know about us,” Blackclaw enquired, raising an eyebrow.

“Of course we do. Our main goal is to map the land and find other cats like us that we can ally with. After all, you five look… Rather famished and sickly.” Blackclaw had to admit that she was hungry, and she was sure that the others were as well.

“Yeah… We just got here about a moon ago. We don’t have many cats.” Burning Coal seemed to think for a moment before she spoke up.

“Maybe we could j-”

“No! I was born a Border Wanderer, and I’ll die as one!” Lion interrupted. Burning Coal frowned.

“You can stay, Lion… Just tell Sieve of Shifting Sand that I won’t be,” Burning Coal spoke to the young cat.

“Why not? You would trust these complete strangers? They could kill you!”

“They couldn’t. They could barely fight you off. They only could because there were five of them, and one of you.”

“I still don’t trust them.”

“It’s my choice, not yours. I feel pity for them so I will join their group. Besides, I don’t think they will accept you after you chose to attack some of their cats.” Lion frowned and pouted, turning away from the tortoiseshell molly.

“Fine then! Go live with those liver eaters!” The young tom sprinted off, back into the mountains that he came from.

“...Aaand there he goes again. Classic Lion.” Burning Coal turned back to the Clan cats. “Say, why did you five come here in the first place?” That’s right, we came here to find the lake, Blackclaw remembered.

“We’re here to find a lake.”

“The lake is almost entirely surrounded by the Moon’s Teeth. It’s also the Border Wanderer’s sacred land. It’s how they talk to the cats in the Beyond. They won’t let you get to it.”

“Moon’s Teeth? Beyond?” Blackclaw was as confused as a mouse stunned by the silent swipe of a cat’s paw.

“The Moon’s Teeth are the mountains that the Border Wanderers live in. The mountain you’re in front of is Io’s Tooth, and the tallest one way over there is Cyllene’s Tooth,” Burning Coal pointed her tail towards the mountain that towered over seemingly everything. “The Beyond is where our spirits go if our bodies or souls can be recovered after death.”

“Oh.” So they believe in StarClan as well? Blackclaw pondered. Thundersight spoke up.

“We could bargain with them? Or we might have to take it by force.”

“You can’t take it by force,” Burning Coal shook her head. “There are more Border Wanderers than all of the Clans combined.” Blackclaw’s blood froze. More of those rouges than the Clans? They could kill us all! She looked nervous. Driftpath noticed her nervousness.

“Blackclaw… Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Driftpath… I think we should head back to camp and talk to Stormpelt about this. She might know what to do.”

“If she’s feeling better, she definitely will know what to do.”

“Once you’ve made your choice, you’ll have to talk to Wings Above, and the Chieftains. They’re all considered the rulers of the Border Wanderers.”

“Alright then. We’ll have to test your skills as well before you officially become a warrior,” Thundersight spoke to Burning Coal.

“You don’t need to test me on anything. I’ve been trained to do things your cats can’t even comprehend,” Burning Coal spoke, a questioning gaze on her face.

“Well, you can show us those skills when we test you,” Thundersight replied, a slight tinge of annoyance in her voice. Burning Coal rolled her eyes. “We should head back now. Follow me, you five.” Thundersight turned and began to make her way back to camp, the other five cats following her.

The six cats slowly walked into the ThunderClan camp. It was moonwake, and the cats’ limbs were aching. They weren’t even able to complete the task that they originally went to the Moon’s Teeth for, which made all of the patrol members miserable and irritated. Blackclaw sighed. She felt like she might topple over any second now.

“We all should get rest, then we’ll test Burning Coal tomorrow. For now, she will sleep in the clearing until she gets tested,” Thundersight announced to the other cats who were in the patrol. Burning Coal looked displeased. Thundersight seemed to notice the fact that she was upset. “You chose to come with us because you felt pity for us. You either follow our rules, or you can leave and be by yourself. Your group probably won’t accept you back in after you abandoned them, and none of the other Clans are as welcoming as our Clan. You’ve got no other choice unless you want to die by yourself.” The tortoiseshell molly’s eyes widened.

“...Fine. I didn’t leave for nothing,” Burning Coal’s snout wrinkled.

“Good. Now you all may go rest. Driftpath and Kevin, be sure to check on Stormpelt,” Thundersight ordered.

“We definitely will,” Driftpath spoke, and Kevin nodded. The two padded off, and so did Burning Coal.

“...Don’t you think you were a bit harsh on Burning Coal, Thundersight?” Blackclaw asked the molly.

“I wasn’t being harsh. I was telling her the cold, hard truth. The world isn’t fair and giving to anyone, and I was proving to her that if she joined our group, she wouldn’t just be able to laze around and while getting fat off of rabbits and pheasants, and we would praise her as if she was the entirety of StarClan herself,” Thundersight replied.

“I don’t see how Stormpelt made you deputy…” Blackclaw sighed, muttering before padding off to the warrior den. She walked over to her nest, plopping down onto it. Most of the other warriors were in the den besides Lynxleap and Squirrelsnow, who were guarding the camp for intruders. Blackclaw curled up, closing her eyes in hopes of getting rest.

She awoke, but not in the same place that she fell asleep. Everything was blindingly white, and she was the only cat there. Her hackles were raised, something about this felt off to her.

“Hello?” Her voice simply echoed. Before she knew it, a tabby tom with a flaming orange pelt, green eyes, and stars surrounding him appeared before Blackclaw’s eyes. Blackclaw looked horrified, trying to get away, yowl, or do whatever to escape what might be a nightmare.

“Be not afraid,” the tom spoke in a gentle voice, walking closer to Blackclaw.

“Who are you?”

“Who or what I am does not matter. I have a message.”

“What is it?” Blackclaw looked at the tabby tom, to which he did not reply for a few moments. Suddenly, his eyes became pure white.

“The territory will be soaked in blood when ash ascends.”

“What?” Blackclaw’s eyes widened.

“A flint will soar to fight the everlasting darkness.” Suddenly, many other cats appeared behind the tom in a crowd, at least fifty cats. They all had stars around them, and their eyes were fully white. And they all repeated one single thing, in sync like some sort of hivemind.

“Three great cats will be slain, and the adder, the ash, and the color black will rise to take their place.”

“I… I don’t understand!” Blackclaw yelled, a horrified expression on her face as she backed away from the crowd.

“The territory will be soaked in blood when ash ascends.” Blackclaw sprinted off, trying to escape the white void. The cats’ voices still echoed.

“A flint will soar to fight…” Blackclaw had run into a black void, escaping the white void, but not escaping the dream. She felt as if she was floating. The voice of the spirit cats could still faintly be heard. Suddenly, she was buried in ash. She sputtered, and tried to get out, but it seemed almost as if the more she struggled, the more ash fell on top of her. Defeated, she laid there, feeling as if she was being slowly suffocated to death by the pile of ash on top of her.

She woke up, gasping for air.

aaaand that's it for this chapter!! friendly reminder that the colors of certain words in the prophecy are that specific color for a purpose :]

due to the fact that not only my benchmarks are today and tomorrow, and also the students at my school have to turn in their chromebooks on wednesday means that chapter 2 will be put on hold until january. sorry guys