Stray Fawn Community

Fur-Heat Resistance

Lunastar001

I had this idea that animals with certain fur colours could have an extra point or two of heat resistance. This would make total sense seeing as the colour white attracts the heat of the sun far less then the colour black.

This could give breeding fur colours more of a purpose in the game a part from being just for aesthetics or having a boost to camouflage in certain biomes (something I haven’t found all that useful).

I can't say it's a bad idea, infact I think it's a great idea. I just want to point out something:

This could give breeding fur colours more of a purpose in the game a part from being just for aesthetics.

Fur colour gives you camouflage points in certain biomes.

I'm pretty sure you knew this already, though.

I can't say it's a bad idea, infact I think it's a great idea. I just want to point out something:

This could give breeding fur colours more of a purpose in the game a part from being just for aesthetics.

Fur colour gives you camouflage points in certain biomes.

I'm pretty sure you knew this already, though.

Ah, I totally get where you are coming from. Personally though, I don’t find breeding for certain furs for camouflage all that exciting or enticing, especially when you’ve unlocked most of the genes as there are far better, more helpful genes to try and mutate. Not only that, but there are other genes you can get to keep you out of sight from predators  such as the +2 stealth from (I believe Silk Paws), or the camouflaged gained from stripes or certain spot patterns. On the other hand, I have personally found it quite difficult to breed high levels of heat resistance with both big ears and lean body being quite difficult to breed into a population (this is from my own personal experience).

Once again, I totally get the point you are making!  :D

i love the idea of darker fur colours being able to help with heat resistance. maybe a modified idea could be a "fur" gene on top of the body.

so "no fur" gives a lot of heat resistance but a severe cold penalty, "short / normal fur" gives an equal heat / cold resistance, and "Shaggy fur" gives a high cold resistance but a severe heat penalty.

Would probably be too much work to modify every body type to accommodate each fur type, so maybe a compromise could be either no visual way of telling who has what, or maybe it shortens / lengthens hair on the shoulders / manes or something. idk.

Thanks guys. I’m glad you like the suggestion. As for the different fur types, there is already a suggestion post for that. I do thing that there should be an extra section labelled something like ‘Sunlight Attraction’ or ‘Sunlight Resistance’.