Stray Fawn Community

Tail gene: “furry tail”

giugirl

5 replies to this post

4 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

4 cold resistance is a bit op. Personally I think it would be a lot easier to just give the stinky tail, which has plenty of floof, some cold resistance as suggested here:

Oh right, I only wanted to also give more tail ideas and help balance a bit more because of the already present gene “big ears”; take a look at the wiki page about genes to see the reason for why I decided that my tail idea will have this kind of feature:  https://niche.fandom.com/wiki/Genes

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, giugirl said:

Oh right, I only wanted to also give more tail ideas and help balance a bit more because of the already present gene “big ears”; take a look at the wiki page about genes to see the reason for why I decided that my tail idea will have this kind of feature:  https://niche.fandom.com/wiki/Genes

I'm not entirely sure what your trying to say, so if I've misunderstood anything let me know

New tails would be great and I would love a squirrel type tail, but imo it would be too similar to the stinky tail. The stinky tail looks like a squirrel tail and if it was given some cold resistance like this post suggests it would basically be what you're suggesting but with stinkiness as well as cold resistance. There are plenty of other new tails that could be added, this one for me is just too similar to what we've already got

6 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

I'm not entirely sure what your trying to say, so if I've misunderstood anything let me know

New tails would be great and I would love a squirrel type tail, but imo it would be too similar to the stinky tail. The stinky tail looks like a squirrel tail and if it was given some cold resistance like this post suggests it would basically be what you're suggesting but with stinkiness as well as cold resistance. There are plenty of other new tails that could be added, this one for me is just too similar to what we've already got

But this one doesn’t have stinkiness; and the difference would be that the tip is a bit longer and forms a espiral like form in the end, like the way that squirrel tail’s are pictured in some animations; and i think you misunderstood it a little bit because i wanted to say that i made this tail have this kind of feature because the already present gene “big ears” have as stats: +4 of hearing and -cold resistance; so why not a tail with +4 of cold resistance and -1 for heat resistance.

13 hours ago, giugirl said:

But this one doesn’t have stinkiness; and the difference would be that the tip is a bit longer and forms a espiral like form in the end, like the way that squirrel tail’s are pictured in some animations; and i think you misunderstood it a little bit because i wanted to say that i made this tail have this kind of feature because the already present gene “big ears” have as stats: +4 of hearing and -cold resistance; so why not a tail with +4 of cold resistance and -1 for heat resistance.

I still don't think this would be different enough to be a seperate gene. I would rather see something completely new be added than something that appears slightly different and has slightly different stats to something we already have

+4 cold resistance would be pretty overpowered compared to other genes which give cold resistance. The best you can currently get is +2 I'm pretty sure, and a big fluffy tail wouldn't be as affective as other adaptations like the big body at preserving heat. If it had +2 cold resistance then that would be fine, but +4 is definately too much

Edit: the tail you're suggesting would have to be longer than the stinky tail for it to curl around at the end, which would make it less efficient at conserving warmth. It would'nt make a huge difference, but that's also something to think about. The shorter the tail in a cold climate the better

Edited by BirdsAreCool