Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 088: Side Blotched Lizard

Biogamer 2.0

Hello and I'm back (unfortunately issues with old account) and I'm going to do the same as always, putting unwanted content on the feature requests. Now the side blotched lizard is an amazing animal in our world so why not use it in Niche ( a video below should provide an idea what I'm talking about). This is going to be very simple all that would be is the side blotch (body) gene.

It will come in three colours with the males showing this colour and replace fur colouring with a greyish top with the respected colour on the underside:

• Orange: +2 Strength, +2 Camouflage in Mountains and +1 distasteful appearance (kind of iffy). The bodies would also tend to be larger
  • Yellow: +2 Speed, +2 Camouflage in Deserts and +1 distasteful appearance (kind of iffy). The bodies would tend to be smaller
  • Blue: +1 defence, +2 stealth, and +1 distasteful appearance. The bodies would be normal in size.

Now for those who are wondering about attractiveness because the colours are really only around males allow me to explain.

Females without the side blotch gene will mate normally with males with the gene no issues. However if a female has the side blotch gene, the attractiveness will change with females favouring the colours that are less common. What this would do is not effect fertility but rather make it harder for females to breed with a male that's the most common.

An example is if you have five female's and ten males with the side blotch gene. The females would be more likely to breed with the male that is less common (ie if there is only two blues they are more likely to breed). I could include the males mating behaviour but I think it might be a little much (though if you disagree reply down below).

So I'm glad I'm back to annoy some of you and I hope you are well.
Sincerely, Biogamer

• Love 1

0 replies to this post

There are no comments yet