Stray Fawn Community

HAVHoC

irisflowering

~`~

Above the small island, the clouds swirled and screamed in protest of the wind. Many of the great trees on the island had been destroyed by the storm, and almost all that was left of them were stumps. All the rabbils had safely hidden away in their holes, and all the fish had swam to who knows where. However, something was fighting in the water, something that had been dragged by the storm from an island far, far away. It spat and splashed, refusing to be destroyed by the ocean. But, the ocean was stronger, and was slowly pulling the creature a little farther under... and farther... and farther...

The last thing the creature saw before it was sucked under were the clouds. One of them almost looked like a nicheling...

~`~

Flyn gasped in air as she awoke on the edge of an island. Where was she? What had happened? 

All she knew was that something, or someone, had saved her from the storm...

HAVHoC1.thumb.jpg.85217a5d40905cc7b2e35dd8195de3bb.jpg

The next day, after Flyn had gotten some rest, she decided it was time to explore the new island. She was a little hesitant, but she decided the best way to go by it would be to cross through the water. She stopped at the edge, nervous, but beside herself, she jumped in.HAVHoC2.thumb.jpg.fd5baa5123ac0857c7f3c52bf54b12c8.jpg

Suddenly, she found herself in a swarm of fish! She smiled, and quickly went to work on catching all of them.

HAVHoC3.thumb.jpg.1aad7b9380d76fca2ae06a4bf545117e.jpg

After a few days of fishing, she remember that if she wanted to explore the island, she probably shouldn't spend too much time catching fish...

She grumbled to herself and went up onto the land, shaking herself off as she went.

HAVHoC4.thumb.jpg.a56cf0dd4c3e80f85dfb0a910c119b17.jpg

She didn't find much that interested her. Roots? Too dirty. Berries? She couldn't pick them without puncturing them with her claws. 

Although, she did keep smelling a strange scent...

Finally, she found something of interest. It was a stump- maybe something had happened to it during the storm?

She jumped onto it, about to shout something, when she found a strange nicheling in front of her!

HAVHoC5.thumb.jpg.fefdecf25b28d04ac65a53fabb5d1a1f.jpg

He was an older nicheling with bright pinkish fur, and he had a long snout that Flyn thought looked weird.

She could tell the the strange scent was coming from him!

However, just when she was about to talk to to him, another stranger popped out of the bushes! He didn't smell very friendly though..

HAVHoC6.thumb.jpg.b50e7c7bdb1fa8fac9e1a8058548acd1.jpg

Flyn gave the strange wanderer a few fish to help her fight the brown creature, but before he could do anything, Flyn had already scared the rouge away.

When the rouge was gone, the wanderer gave her a strange smile with that weird snout of his.

"Hello!" he chirped. "I'm Tanu! What's your name, strange nicheling?" He had no malice in his words, but Flyn took great offense.
"HEY!" Flyn growled. "I'm not strange, you are! I've never seen a snout like yours in my life!"

Tanu laughed a little. which only made Flyn more mad. "I don't think I've seen you around here.. what's your name?"

Flyn hissed.

"Well, Hiss," Tanu teased, "Like I said, you seem like you aren't from around here. Did you come here in the storm?"

Flyn's eyes widened. "How did you know?"

"Just a guess." he shrugged. "A lot of new nichelings have been dragged here by it."

She gave him a inquiring look. He seemed smart. Smart enough to help her..

"If I tell you my name, will you help me get around the island?"

Tanu paused for a moment, then nodded.

"The name's Flyn." she spoke quickly and quietly.

Tanu gave her a look of awe.

"Your name is so cool! I've always wanted a different one... hey! I know! Call me Tapioca!" he beamed.

HAVHoC7.thumb.jpg.f9371b7a1688e074f759c5d499be4883.jpg

Just as Flyn was about to ask what a 'tapioca' was, she smelled something strange in the grasses...

HAVHoC8.thumb.jpg.149ee55b03dc4bbd5bb576eb46933efe.jpg

(Hey guys! Tell me what you think!)

• Like 1

You've got two nichelings of the opposite gender so far. I'd say you're doing pretty well. The story is also nice as well.

Continue to focus on gathering until Flyn is an adult, then breed Flyn and Tapioca. After that, try to get your food up higher and maybe recruit the other nicheling later.

• Love 1

Flyn immediately noticed the stranger and was about to run up to him, but Tapioca stopped her.

"We don't have enough food for a new nicheling to join. We should focus on gathering MORE food, squirt."

She grumbled in protest, but before she could argue, he had gone to dig up nasty roots.

HAVHoC9.thumb.jpg.3194584e9a6df6c3517fb1aa26703529.jpg

Then, Flyn realized if he couldn't see her, he couldn't tell her not to..

She snuck over to the new nicheling, hoping he wouldn't notice.

HAVHoC10.thumb.jpg.8091b72581ba97c10539f4c9ce332f34.jpg

The yellow nicheling seemed a bit busy, so he didn't see her coming. Flyn was about to invite him, but then Tapioca called her over to him. The yellow nicheling whipped around, causing Flyn to flee in terror. 

She came to Tapioca, breathless. He raised an eyebrow, but didn't ask her what had happened.

~~~

When Flyn woke up the next day, she felt something.. different.

There was more strength in her muscles, her energy in her step, and more potential in her paws.

She was finally an adult!

HAVHoC11.thumb.jpg.e9e17fbdd7e19bae41b1aa83b21c3cfe.jpg

Flyn shook Tapioca awake, and excitedly told him all the things she was going tto do now that she was "grown up."

"And I'm going to catch all the fish.. and become queen... AND make sure we're never hungry.."

He laughed, cutting her off.

"You have a long way to go to becoming mature, weirdo." he teased.

She rolled her eyes, and suddenly noticed a strange.. delicious smell..

HAVHoC12.thumb.jpg.3be101c425bfa5dd4d3d843b2e8a64f4.jpg

She snuck up behind it, and caught it swiftly. "Now who's immature?" she smirked.

HAVHoC13.thumb.jpg.c7ece6a8289e8d13c6c8b400c0ed858f.jpg

He rolled his eyes and kept digging up roots.

(Thank you for the support! I'm open to any suggestions! This is a story based playthrough right now, so I may not make the smartest decisions.. but I'll try not to die XD)

• Paw up 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a newfound adult, Flyn decided that it was time for her to be responsible. Their food supply was getting pretty low, so it would probably be a good idea to go gather more.

Besides, no one said that the food supply couldn't consist of a bunch of delicious fish!

She led their little group down to the ocean, and wished the Tapioca would hurry up, he didn't need to gather every root they passed by!

Finally, they were at the shore.

HAVHoC14.thumb.jpg.1b3e92c453ad3dee182e71de4880f66f.jpg

Flyn scouted the land, trying to find the perfect spot to go fishing, while Tapioca stayed behind her, watching out for leeches. He knew he would probably be able to spot them before she did, and he didn't want her getting bit.

HAVHoC15.thumb.jpg.c70ff1b5af46ed2dea04aa2369775b4b.jpg

Just as Flyn found they perfect spot, she realized it was already occupied by someone else; a crab!

HAVHoC16.thumb.jpg.2bfb714d28a73afb9d7101579a8ab81a.jpg

She growled at it, causing it to stare at her with its beady little eyes. She shivered, and quickly moved out of its way. While she was afraid of almost nothing, and while she wouldn't admit it, crabs freaked her out.

HAVHoC17.thumb.jpg.3ffdd6b43d93a263276aedd3249d03cf.jpg

Tapioca laughed a little, but Flyn was already occupied. She had found fish! She raked her claw through the water, trying to catch them. She managed to catch a few, but her rough movements had scared the others away.

HAVHoC18.thumb.jpg.a850e758f378744fc4fca6c000414b85.jpg

Behind her, Tapioca managed to strike a few blows on the crab, but when it spun around to face him, he retreated.

The next day, Flyn kept chasing after the fish, and Tapioca tried to see if he could scent any roots*.

HAVHoC19.thumb.jpg.30d0b9dc006c4b1fb9b4890b3d6e0cce.jpg

Suddenly, Flyn noticed a bright red fish, trying to blend in with the others. She laughed, and quickly snatched it out of the water, careful to avoid its sharp teeth.

The next few days were pretty calm, with Flyn fishing to her heart's content, and Tapioca scanning the water for dangers.

HAVHoC20.thumb.jpg.2f13ee4a3383451a183fecb1893676e4.jpg

He stumbled on a berry bush one of those days, and took to cleaning it of berries quickly.

HAVHoC21.thumb.jpg.81e59f0fe89a101fdcfcfd4bb91d88a4.jpg

Flyn dove deeper in the water, determined to catch ALL the fish, and Tapioca stayed where he was, still gathering food from the land.

HAVHoC22.thumb.jpg.066a94477bf39b2c82e125c8a63e6ee8.jpg

They kept on the same routine, until one day something happened.

HAVHoC23.thumb.jpg.34cbae76ea01e6dc03aae0a5b4c08fae.jpg

As Flyn was searching the ocean for more fish, she spotted two yellow creatures hiding in the algae. 

"LEECHES!" she screeched, shooting out of the water while shaking in fear.

HAVHoC24.thumb.jpg.ba83ddabb9a90cfdec45e8890abf1e38.jpg

She stood in the grasses, hissing in fury, while Tapioca shook his head, going back to his gathering.

(Wow, this was long. Working on gathering more food.)

• Paw up 1