Stray Fawn Community

New Ranking System: Different Tribes in the Same Save File!

1_CattAttack_1

Trying to create different 'tribes' in the same save file gets annoying- Especially if you have feuding packs! Why would they eat from the same food source, and why would the same tribe stay together forever, and not split at least once in their history?

There will be arguing creatures about the safety and path of the tribe. Carnivores, omnivores, herbivores; many creatures live different lifestyles.

There could be a button next to your save file. It could look like an arrow or button of some sort. From there, you'd be sent to the family tree of the tribe. You could select the niche creatures you want to 'split' from the tribe, and there could be a button at the top left corner saying, "Create New Tribe". You can still control both/multiple tribes, but the tribes would eat from a different food source, and they could attack each other.

I would love more suggestions, to further better this idea! :0 I don't know if the current system I have planned works well, so please suggest ideas! :)

Edited by 1_CattAttack_1
too many issues
  • Like 1

2 replies to this post

Different Tribes in one save file would be good but I don't like the way you are going about this

what if I want different tribes but not different restrictions for them?
the restrictions should be purely based in player decisions and not automatically restricted by tribe symbol

and technically being able to change what tribe one belongs to with just as much effort as changing the rank? I could see how this gets abused easily for grouping unwanted nichelings in a category that has not yet collected anything
or when you have multiple tribes and one is a little bit short on food, it would be too tempting to switch one or two to a tribe that has enough food and imediately back after that

if they should be seperate, they should be seperate from the start

• Thanks 1