Stray Fawn Community

Communication

ARosefromPluto

I previously suggested on a forum that maybe mating calls be implemented into the game.  I can't find that forum, but, now want to expand the idea? If this isn't allowed I'll try again to dig up the old forum, or just delete this.

My idea on mating calls was that if your population is low, you can use a mating call to potentially attract a mate. The possibilities of what could be attracted included, wanderers of the opposite sex, horny males, predators, or nothing at all. What percent chance you had at getting the different options could vary island to island.

I posted this on steam a long time ago, and there a user suggested maybe a nose/mouth could be implemented that would allow a creature to imitate the sounds of other creatures! So for example it could imitate a bearyhena sound to attract one or scare away other creatures.

To further expand on the idea of vocal communication, maybe our creatures could growl or hiss, as many animals do when threatened. Maybe this vocal option could have a chance of discouraging horny males and predators, causing them to pause or leave. Note, I said chance, which means this will not always work.

Maybe creatures with big noses, since those resemble canine snouts, could howl, and wanderers or horny males have a chance of responding. Then you could use hearing to detect them over long distances.

Maybe a lion snout could be made, allowing males to roar to scare off predators or rival males.

http://strayfawnstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=610.0

Found your original topic, if you wanted it still. There is currently an option to roar at other creatures, but I've only noticed it with the bearyena snout. I think the skill was labelled intimidating appearance? Anyway, I think the bearyena snout could have the capacity to add the call bearyena option. Maybe even have a chance for it to be friendly?

Could call the associated trait with howls/vocalisations calling, since the point is to call in new creatures.