Stray Fawn Community

Linear Rail Mechanism

WimeSTone

Or linear motion track. Consists of rails and magnetic carriage. Rails don't obstruct movement, but can be damaged. Anything attached to carriage moves with it.

It is possible to detach current parts and attach new ones if they are detached from main drone and there is a part in 1.5 range. Has speed slider.

Has following signals:

• move left/right (tricky as it is, could use "move to green/red dot" instead, 'cause we have no absolute directions);
  • detach;
  • attach;
  • free parts detected.

Just like motorized hinge, but linear movement. Why? "Pneumatic doors", more complex factories - all require linear movement. As an example, collecting bio barrels in one go would be much easier, if I could move my magnet with a barrel inside my ship's cargo section. Leaving barrel outside or using chain magnets is so risky. And, obviously, can't build a decent carrier without this. :D

• Like 1

2 replies to this post

I like this idea. Along with pistons, we can use the rails to make complex machines, especially if you can get docking down and get multiple drone sto join and make a mecha or something. That'd be cool

• Like 1