Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 029/30 Plus New Idea: Feral Genes (it's gonna be a big one)

Biogamer

I decided that this idea was too big to be its own seperate thing so this will be an all in one. We have wandering nichelings, we have rouges, some of us want multiplayer but can't have that. But I've got an idea that might just work, feral nichelings. Now it isn't gonna be just one or two oh no, it would be a small pack. This is for sometimes in rough situations feral animals band together, so let's make it an idea. And this because of our options with things to fight, there's around 14 animals (excluding nichelings) that we can attack. Why not add some more reasoning behind the strength stat other than to catch some rabbils eating our berries. The feral nichelings would be on killer islands or on continent mode (see a feature request relating to it). There would be 3-10 nichelings, and their genes would differ depending on the biome, so if a player finds the feral nichelings in a swamp they would see poison fangs, toxic body ect. The way nichelings would act would be like most animals, once one nicheling does an action a feral one does another (e.g. you collect berries, a feral may move away). And to make things interesting there would be three ways to deal with this option:

Peaceful: Trying to merge packs by offering food and assistance, it would be difficult but rewarding. Meaning new genes into the tribe and a larger clan with no food required to make them join (their rankings will be unchanged once joined).

Neutral: Ignoring them and continue playing, don't worry they won't strike unless you strike first

Aggressive: Declare war with the feral pack and fight for dominance. It's a quick way to get new genes but to a cost, the cost of war (wow that sounded somewhat dark and dramatic). The only way to declare victory is by killing them all or just the alpha/s, read below for more.

The Feral Alpha would most likely have some of the most op genes (e.g. double claw and ram horns). After you attack one nicheling from the feral tribe the Alpha will let out a call and alert all feral nichelings to attack your own. The way to win the war is mentioned above. Once the Alpha is defeated the feral nichelings will either join the pack immediately (only 3 food required) or turn into wandering nichelings where the player must make them join with the original amount. Now to the genes. The genes are, exactly the same with no bonus effects 😆.

I'm joking, the genes would look more wilder with scruffs of fur sticking out (I think it would look cool) but with some thing else to make it more unique. The effects would be altered around, what I mean is that the effects may be switched around. An example would be claw, for a normal nicheling it would be +2 strength and fishing, but for a feral it may be +1 strength and +3 fishing. And to make certain genes not op negatives would be altered and the minimal amount is +1, meaning a big lean body can get really fast. The reasons for this is to somewhat represent the whole wild idea, with feral animals not acting the exact way. Plus I think it adds more realism to the game, for sometimes players have nichelings with double claw, but they use it for fishing, not strength.

Well this was a big one, hope it was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer (couldn't find a image for this).

• Like 3

0 replies to this post

There are no comments yet