Stray Fawn Community

Let the player see what's happening

Benedict

Allow the camera to zoom out further.  Half the weapons in the game have a range greater than the max size of the screen.  

Most of my fights in Nimbatus involve me shooting blindly at something I can't see.  Snipers, rockets, and grenade launchers all reach further than the distance between the centre and edge of the screen – even blasters can outrange the tiny camera box.  

This has a whole bunch of annoying effects:  

1) I regularly get killed by something that I never saw until it shot me, because I'm approaching it from above or below and it locks on and fires before it appears on the screen.

2) I don't get to see my weapons do anything.  I just fire in the general direction of the target for a while, then approach to see if it's dead.  

3) If I do want to see what my weapons are doing, I have to fight on a diagonal, because that's the only way the enemy will appear on my screen before it attacks me.  

• Like 1

1 reply to this post

4 hours ago, Benedict said:

Allow the camera to zoom out further.  Half the weapons in the game have a range greater than the max size of the screen.  

Most of my fights in Nimbatus involve me shooting blindly at something I can't see.  Snipers, rockets, and grenade launchers all reach further than the distance between the centre and edge of the screen – even blasters can outrange the tiny camera box.  

This has a whole bunch of annoying effects:  

1) I regularly get killed by something that I never saw until it shot me, because I'm approaching it from above or below and it locks on and fires before it appears on the screen.

2) I don't get to see my weapons do anything.  I just fire in the general direction of the target for a while, then approach to see if it's dead.  

3) If I do want to see what my weapons are doing, I have to fight on a diagonal, because that's the only way the enemy will appear on my screen before it attacks me.  

I agree with that. Though it might increase graphic card burden, I think it will be nice if we have an setting option on this.