Stray Fawn Community

Re-population Challenge

Speedyscout

I decided to do this challenge, the Repopulation Challenge. It's fairly late though, so I'm going to make my nichelings, and then... log off, and do the challenge in the morning. If this isn't allowed please tell me (or feel free to delete this post, I'll just remake it tomorrow!) But, I started off with 4 teen-aged nichelings. I customized them in the sandbox gene maker, but not like, totally - I left a few genes and all their colors and patterns random. So, here they are:

Shendra.thumb.jpg.085e3a10826007172adef1ab4bea8c50.jpgSliver.thumb.jpg.f6cea262e167575ae0ff5d6a2cfeb106.jpgFlint.thumb.jpg.ad813f42aa8dfeb95dfa92f0a95469b7.jpgIsdrake.thumb.jpg.a9b5ed21e61ac01547b23e0c9dbc62bb.jpg

Eww, horrible format. Sorry.

Anyway, those are my starters. As I said, I'll be actaully starting this challenge tomorrow, either before or after my session of playing the Origin Tribe, so keep an eye out if you're interested. Let's see how these guys do! :D 

20200901185633_1.thumb.jpg.fc3659cbbd0c1391509a77970baa48ab.jpg

Edited by Speedyscout
change title
  • Like 3

Chapter One: New Beginnings

Four young nichelings wake up all alone. Their mothers told them all they could before passing, but the young nichelings had little time to learn or memorize what they were told. The most important thing they remember: they're the only ones left, and they have to change that. Fast.

They start to explore. Sliver, a grey and cream colored Nicheling, takes the lead as they push through the grasses of the whale they've lived their whole, short lives upon. Flint stays at the back, gathering berries from a stunted bush they find poking up from the ground.

1290014618_DAY1(1).thumb.jpg.d2ba730ff1c36583722e143891fd882f.jpg

Then, giving them no warning and from apparently nowhere, a bearyena attacks. The nichelings flee. Isdrake, the silver male, gets left behind. He's made for swimming in cool ocean waters, not shoving through sweltering savanna grasses, and can't move as fast as the others. Sliver, the fastest, takes the lead again.

351030905_DAY1(3).thumb.jpg.f0b94cbe51dd9163ea339de7e84043c7.jpg

A few days later, the Nichelings haven't gotten far when the Bearyena returns and attacks again. It manages to slash Isdrake before he can react, injuring him badly. Luckily, the young nichelings have grown and gotten stronger by now, and when they all group together they manage to severely wound the Bearyena so that it dies the following morning. However, Isdrake is injured.

99621223_DAY1(4).thumb.jpg.fb108b496f8a99247c1941f90a44e31c.jpg

Shendra licks his wounds clean, stopping the bleeding, and the duckbilled Nicheling realizes he loves her. He doesn't tell her yet, but a few days later he admits it, and Shendra is surprised but pleased. They become mates and Shendra is pregnant. Soon, little Muddy is born. He's duckbilled like his father, but darker in color. Flint and Sliver also become mates around this time, and Sliver soon also gives birth, to little Tapri - a short-snouted male with pale coloring.

1298573818_DAY1(10).thumb.jpg.9a1466907c2abcc1f189a506c5433871.jpg

Aaand I'm actaully too lazy to write more. So I'm sorry but I'll continue this later-- for now I'm going to take a break ^^' hope you guys enjoyed this little bit though, there's a lot more that happened but I'll write that later as I said. Again, sorry! ❤️ 

• Like 2

Chapter One: New Beginnings [Continued]

The little group of Nichelings continued living their life on the back of the whale, gathering food and exploring. They soon found a large area which had several nut trees, tree stumps, and permanent nests, where they settled down. It seemed the territory was already occupied, though, as a bearyena attacked them soon after moving in. Flint, Sliver, and Isdrake, with the help of little Tapri who'd bounded over excitedly for his first fight, defeated it.

1302959434_DAY1(13).thumb.jpg.30c22544f5242b0bb6cae92bc3f594e1.jpg

Tapri quickly developed a love of chasing and hunting rabbils, and proved quite the efficient hunter, providing the tribe with quite a lot of food. Muddy and he become fast friends, and the duck-billed Nicheling joined in his hunting, though he wasn't as intense as Tapri was. Over the next while, the tribe focused mainly on swelling their ranks and gathering food - Shendra gave birth to Isdrake's second child, a grey male who [I think] was called Slash - forgot to take a picture of his genes when he was born. Sliver also gave birth to Flint's second child, a pretty little girl named Tael. 

637964093_DAY1(20).thumb.jpg.99ba8e87f4f16bb24e8953f89b916e03.jpg

Soon, Shendra and Isdrake gave birth to yet more children - Shendra and Isdrake had Almond, a male who looked a lot like Muddy but without the red bill and horns, and Sliver and Flint had Tikir, a boy with similar coloring but different markings to his older sister Tael. Meanwhile, Tael and Slash had become very close, always staying near eachother and chatting.

One day, Flint, basically the unofficial leader of the tribe, called a meeting. Everyone gathered, even a nearby rabbil. Flint announced that the offspring of the tribe were more males then females, and it was necessary to have more children before the founders passed.

1690505234_DAY1(28).thumb.jpg.ab6200553a9e5654e92a74a8d115ffcc.jpg

Thus, a few days later, there were many new births. Sliver gave birth to Tiana, a girl with coloring similar to her mother but her father's ram horns and cracker jaw, and Shendra gave birth to a grey nicheling named Walnut [I think]. Tael and Slash became mates, and Tael also gave birth to the first child of the third generation, a little female named Isla.

Shendra and Isdrake had yet another child, a pretty little girl named River. However, the newborn along with the one whose name I forgot where threatened by a bearyena. I guess they managed to defeat it because I have no more photos of it lol

1296500707_DAY1(37).thumb.jpg.1ee8dae5dff33bacda69a9b838d7446d.jpg

Luckily, no one was badly harmed - except for Shendra, who I think got slightly wounded. Isdrake, sadly, only had one more day to live, and passed away by his mate's side. Shendra was extremely sad at the loss of her mate, making little River her last child. The next day, almost the entire tribe gathered to mourn for the death of one of the founding Nichelings of the tribe.

1622155676_DAY1(41).thumb.jpg.f1d2790a825d8b0280f11e247de848db.jpg

However, the later generations didn't mourn for long. Tiana and Almond became mates and Tiana soon gave birth to a little boy named Shale, after their founder Flint who would also pass away soon. Tael gave birth to her second child, a dark red boy named Rust with unique horns that no one had seen before. You can see the entire tribe in this picture, including the two newborns: 

1274761578_DAY1(43).thumb.jpg.be64853bfcd2b6dec2966d199d5f6528.jpg

Shendra, sadly, passed away soon after, a little before Flint and Sliver due to her injuries from the bearyena attack. Flint and Sliver, who would also be passing soon, left the tribe to spend their last days together a little way from the rest of the Nichelings. And talking of bearyenas, yet another attacked... but this time it had a cub behind it. Muddy, Tapri, and Tikir managed to defeat it, and Isla, who had recently become an adult, took a great interest in the cub, following it around and offering it food so it became friendly. 

1265503036_DAY1(50).thumb.jpg.be0ae17a155081a0909be13d7d275612.jpg

Meanwhile, Tael gave birth to her third child, a girl named Hazel with beautiful striped white fur. Tiana also gave birth to her second child with Almond, little Crescent. Isla found a nest in the grasses and began thinking about the bearyena, wondering if she could breed with it, while the bearyena itself grew a little older (though not an adult yet.)

Flint and Sliver passed away, so every founder had now died of old age. The rest of the tribe prepared to continue their legacy and began wondering if they should brave the treacherous lands off of their safe haven of the whale island. This is where I left them off for now, and I'll continue their story tomorrow. But for now, I'm going to be going to an entirely different time and place in Niche and play with my Origin Tribe. ;) 

1152122392_DAY1(59).thumb.jpg.9842d3d4061ffdc34ed85e176e3c022b.jpg

Edited by Speedyscout
Fixed a mistake!
  • Like 2