Stray Fawn Community

Rat diary

Lilytuft

Pippuri is back from her mating trip. We don't know for sure yet if she's pregnant, but she's definitely heavier. Then again, we don't know what the breeder's been feeding her

• Eek! 6

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some footage from the 23rd! She hasn't made a proper nest yet despite us giving her over 30 pieces of paper, which makes me think that she might give birth a little later than her due date (the 28th of this month) (which I think is good since a website said that smaller litters usually take longer and if the litter is over 10 then the weakest ones will have to go and we don't want that).

• Love 5

Alright, the breeder came today to perform... uh... population control? One was already dead and she picked off a small girl and five boys, leaving us with nine girls, six being black and the other three red eyed marten. Apparently their dad had shown some behaviour problems and that's why all the boys were picked off. Anyways I'm glad we were left with 9 instead of 8. Also the remaining ones are starting to look like tiny bald rats now (before they just looked like squirming fetuses).

• Sad 1
  • Eek! 1

3 minutes ago, SilverHowl said:

ALL of the boys!? No Silver!? Well.. tch.. gee! Silver had such a crud father from the beginning, but I wouldn't say KILL HIM!

(if you others don't get what I'm saying.. me and Lilytuft were gonna name one after him... one of which we were gonna...)

Would you like to follow the growth of a Nymera instead?

Some of them may carry a shiny black coat like their mother! Oh one of them’s gotta be little Nym, the little nebula as I’d like to call her ❤️ 

There's 6 with black fur and 3 with gray

• Like 1

Oh one of them’s gotta be little Nym, the little nebula as I’d like to call her

Yep, will happen

I felt that it was time to give Pippuri some more toilet paper for her nest. How did I come to this conclusion? Well she had used a piece of salad to cover up one of her babies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1