Stray Fawn Community

Vocalization

ARosefromPluto

Ever been in a scenario where you're down to your last nicheling, just hoping to stumble on a wanderer or even a rogue male?

Well, what if there was an option to call out to attract wanderers, as real world animals call to attract mates?

I suggest we add a mating call aspect to the game. there could be a button off to the side of the screen, or in the menu found on the creature, which activates a mating call.  The call would have different percent chances of attracting or spawning different creatures, based on the gender of the creature giving the call and the difficulty of the island it's on.

In Females the call could have chance to attract or spawn;

A Male Wanderer

A Rogue Male

A Predators

or Nothing at all!

In Males the call could trigger:

A female Wanderer

A Predator

or Nothing at all!

I imagine being on a more difficult island would increase the rate a negative outcome, such as drawing in a rogue male or predator, occurs. In the same right lower level islands may have a higher chance of attracting a wanderer. Medium level areas could have a higher rating of nothing happening.

And maybe other creatures could be added to the lists above. Maybe Dodomingos could come to the call hoping to pilfer a nest! Maybe the Blue birds come hoping to snatch the baby that might be born from the call. Hearing Apes would surely go after any creature crying out.

Maybe there's a chance of multiple creatures coming to the call.

There also could be a limit as to when the call can be made. For example if your tribe has a population over a certain number, let's say 6, with at least one creature that's the opposite gender from the others, the call cannot be used.

And, maybe on small islands, like the first two in the game, no new creatures can spawn, only existing creatures could be drawn to the call.

Of course, this ability would also only be available to adult nichelings.

This is such a good idea!  :D

It may make the game a little easy if every nicheling could do it, so many a genetic trait which allows the call? Or different mouths having different levels of effectiveness?

It would be good if the type of mouth your nicheling had also affected the pitch of noise it makes? So a short snout would make a higher pitched noise and maybe a cracker or derp snout would be low pitched?

I like the idea, but I think it should only be available when you're down to one nicheling, since that's when you absolutely need it anyway. Or maybe if you have all females or all males, they can call out, since there's no one in the pack they can mate with.

@Jelly

I like the idea of different snouts having different levels of effectiveness! Haha imagine calling with a bearyhena snout, you'd get bearyhenas rather than nichelings! It would also be fun to hear the different calls.

@MysticTopaz

I do agree that there should be a limit to it's use, which I did talk about above.

I disagree on the creature limit you prepose though, if the idea of the call having a limited success ratio is in play. What if someone's down to their last creature and ends up with a predator? To limit it strictly to being available only when one creature is around seems a tad harsh in such case.