Stray Fawn Community

Piper's Purpose

Peanutpup77

Part 1

Dizi

A young nicheling was asleep next to the sea

1112075959_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.bed8540226141d2376257bdf278d7d0c.png

She had a purpose, though she didn't know it yet

When she awoke the next day, frost was forming in her fur. She hoped over to a icy rock and curled up underneath it, hoping it would provide warmth as she slept.

1518603860_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.8da2f34ce25e2573c7f067965898fbbd.png

When she awoke the next day, the creeping cold was still there, but there was also a young orange creature curled up on the ground. The icy rock was gone. Piper stared at him for a little while before the cold became to much. She layed on the ground next to him. Hopefully he would keep her warm.

859307638_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.da2f4d1642cc9286787aea7e839f2e2b.png

The next day the little orange nicheling woke up. Piper's fur was completely frosted over. He let out a small sneeze and pressed his fur to hers. The frost on her fur started to melt. Piper's eyes fluttered open. The little orange creature hopped away from her. She saw him and immediately rushed over. "Hello. What's your name?" She asked "Dizi" the little nicheling mumbled under his breath. "What did you say?" Piper asked again. "Dizi," the nicheling said. "It means curse in Latia." Piper was basically bursting with questions. "Why does your name mean curse?" She blurted out. "Because I am a curse.' Dizi said. "No your not!" you saved my life!' Piper exclaimed. Dizi coughed. "I've been sick my whole life. When I was born I was left right there." Dizi waved vaguely over to the area where the icy rock had once been. "That's all you need to know." Dizi layed down on the frozen dirt and promptly closed his eyes.208689458_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.0ef9acb588531d0a36d4d43b0ce16b01.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Part 2

Blessing

When Piper awoke the next day, the cold feeling was back. Dizi seemed to have woken up early, as he was nowhere to be seen.

253822091_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.134071633798e1b338e1a3ad2dde2a53.png

Piper shivered and decided that it might be a good idea to try and find somewhere warmer. She hopped into the water, and a extreme cold overtook. Piper stood there, stuck in the freezing waters, to cold to move. She stayed there, shivering, until her eyelids started to droop and she gave in to a cold and uncomfortable sleep.

503323448_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.07e9c6aaad2216d56a9868e815cc02e1.png

The next day, when Piper woke up, some of the cold had lifted. She hoped out of the water and into the grass. Then she heard a little surprised gasp. She turned her head around and was surprised to see Dizi standing next to her. A dug up root was in front of him.

285599009_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.ccb68cd36ed73f582bde3547714d5689.png

He quickly hopped away from her. Piper stood there and shivered. "Uh. Hi." Dizi said blankly. Piper stared at him. "Hello." she said. Suddenly her teeth chattered, as a wave of cold washed over her. Dizi noticed and tilted his head. "There are hot springs over there you know." Dizi said. Piper gritted her teeth and said " Actually I'm not from around here. So I don't know thank you very much." Dizi flinched. Piper sighed in annoyance. "What's the word for idiot in your language?" Dizi looked confused. " Idocia. Why?" He asked. Piper layed down in the grass. "Because. That's you're new name." she said. Dizi looked extremely confused and then laughed. "Okay. At least its better than curse!" He giggled. Piper stared at him. After all this time of blank looks and dull words Dizi was laughing? Laughing? It just didn't make sense. Piper closed her eyes. She was so tired... After a little bit sleep arrived and the sound of Dizi's laughing faded into nothing. In the middle of the night of the night, Piper woke up. "Dizi?" she whispered. "Yes?" Dizi responded. "What's the word for blessing in Latia?" "Juvai. Why?" came the response. "Because. Thats you're new name." Dizi paused. Finally the response came, quiet as a breeze. "Thank you."

• Love 1

Part 3

The dream

(I'm going to add in formatting now. J means Juvai is talking and P means Piper is talking.)

The next morning when Piper woke up, she couldn't move. Juvai, seeing her condition, quickly hoped over and curled around her frozen fur. Piper shook her fur out and cleared away some of the grass covering Juvai's face. 

P - "Thanks for helping!"

Juvai let out a sleepy grunt and a small cough. Piper, remembering his extremely contagious sickness, hoped out of his way. Then she settled down for a nap. Being frozen really took a lot out of you.

The next day when the two woke up, it was raining. The ice cold droplets pattered down Piper's back and made her shiver.

P - "You were talking about some hotsprings, right Juvai?"

J - "Yeah, their this way"

He hoped into the grasses. Piper started to follow him, but spotted a shell in the water, so she walked toward that instead.

1743777531_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.953b5b411f6a534a35b60426f943b5d5.png

The next day Juvai didn't move. Piper, once she had gotten her shell of course, looked over.

P - "Are you awake?"

Juvai looked at Piper in a surprised way, as if he hadn't known she was there.

J - Yeah it's just... I haven't seen one of these in a long time.

He gestured towards a orange plant in front of him.

Piper looked over. 

P - "Do you know what it is?"

J - "Maybe... I think it might cure me of my sickness. At least for a little while."

P - "You should try it!"

Juvai took the orange fruit of the plant and bit into it. 

J - "This is delicious!"

He took another bite. Soon the fruit was gone, and all that remained were a few slippery leaves. Piper settle down on the sand and started to eat her clam. Juvai stared at the sky and uttered something that sounded a bit like a prayer. Soon darkness fell, and both nichelings were asleep.

Piper didn't know where she was. Tall tree's towered above her, and the ground was moist. Leaf litter was everywhere. In front of her, there was a bright blue nicheling. She turned toward Piper . 

??? - "Hello. You came."

P - "What do you mean? I was sleeping on the ground with Juvai one moment and now I'm here. I didn't mean to come!"

??? - " This means you have freed one nicheling of a curse. You must free others."

P - "What do you mean? I only freed Juvai from an Ice block."

??? - "You called him blessing. You were kind when no one else was."

P - "I did what everyone would have done! He saved my life not once, but twice now!"

The strange nicheling ignored her.

??? - "Travel to the hotsprings. There you will find a port with leaves. Follow the stepping stones.

The nicheling began to fade.

P - "Don't go! I need you to explain!"

??? - "Follow the stepping stones... Follow the stepping stones"

Then the tall tree's, the moist ground, and the nicheling all faded to the darkness of sleep.

• Eek! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Part 4

The Port

(I will not be many screenshots for the next few parts)

The next morning Piper shook Juvai awake. He didn't cough once.

P - "Juvai, we have to move on."

He looked up at her, confused. Piper explained the dream, and by the end Juvai was on his feet, ready to find the port. 

J - "Lets go! What are you waiting for?"

Juvai bounced of into the grasses. Piper, shivering, slowly walked after him.

The next morning Piper had frozen. Dizi, knowing what to do, quickly curled around her. Soon Piper gasped and opened her eyes. 

P - "Thanks Juvai!"

J - "Your welcome! Let's get moving."

He ran off into the grass. Piper followed him, and soon a strange water filled rock came into sight.

P - "Do you know what that is?

Piper flicked her tail in the direction of the rock.

J - " It's a Hotspring! If you stay in it, you won't freeze!"

P - "Really?! That's amazing!"

She hopped into the hotsprings, and immediately all of the cold she had been feeling melted into warmth.

667433658_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.6872405467eaf9448512078b5b462fb5.png

The next morning Piper wasn't cold as usual. She felt excitement start to rise. Was that a green patch of leaves in the distance?

Juvai was awake and already starting to walk towards the leaves in the distance. Piper got out of her hotsprings and started to walk with him in silence. Soon Juvai fell behind and Piper was jumping into the next hotsprings. She stayed awake for a while, watching the sky and thinking, but as darkness fell, she closed her eyes, and sleep claimed her.

The next morning, the food stocks were low. Juvai was shivering, so Piper told him to  hop in some hotsprings. As he did, she jumped out and looked for a berry bush. Soon she found one and started to pick berry's. The cold wasn't back yet, but Piper knew it would come. Soon she fell asleep, still dreading the morning.

The next day was not interesting. Piper got into her hotsprings and Juvai kept walking to the close port. After that Piper reached the port. The next day they would travel. Or at least they thought they would. Piper awoke in the morning to extreme cold. Both she and Juvai were to cold and tired to travel. It would have to be put off until the next day.

Piper had matured over night! When she woke up, she was very surprised to be towering over Juvai. She still had her energy though. As she jumped onto the first stepping stone, she felt a sense of peace. They had to be at the green island with the towering tree's. To save nichelings. Piper jumped to the next stepping stone, and Juvai onto the first. This continued until they finally reached land. Piper was delighted to find two shells, and Juvai to find a collection of roots. Piper tried to jump into deeper water to grab a shell, but soon found she couldn't breath. She took the shell to land and harvested the  meat. She and Juvai had made it. And though she still didn't know it, her path was unraveling, step by step.

• Eek! 1