Stray Fawn Community

Godhood Challenge

ghostea

Our tribe has always been in tune with the spirits. Those of us born with supernatural abilities ascend, and are equals to even the gods.

SETUP

To start, create the tribe's first god. Anything goes. They could be exceptionally strong, pretty, or both. Give them a unique name, and change all three of their gems to a color of your choosing. Think of a personality for them. Are they malevolent or benevolent? Do they live amongst the tribespeople or seclude themselves? Were they born a god or did they ascend a different way? These are important later on.

The tribespeople look like normal nichelings. Start with quite a few of them for genetic diversity. I recommend randomizing them. If they come out looking similar to the god, just change them with the "SetGene" console command. Some nichelings may be "special", but you can only have one in the starting bunch. These nichelings could be the sibling of the god, seers, prophets, etc. 

Age settings can be whatever you want, but make sure you scale up damage multipliers accordingly. I recommend 30-50 days for adult. Spawns are also up to your preferences.

ROLES

In order of most important to least;

God - Leader of the tribe, granted special abilities such as healing and cursing. Gods must have a "shrine" located at a permanent nest. Gods can only heal themselves and reverse their lifespan when at their shrine. They can also instantkill anything if on or adjacent to their shrine. Once a god picks a shrine, they cannot change it unless you move islands or the god is replaced.

Demigod - Half god, half nicheling. The gem in the middle is the same color as their god's. They share a shrine with their parenting god, and recieve the same benefits from it. However, they die of old age.

Seer - "Special" role, optional. Seers are blind nichelings that a god has taken a liking to. The god typically protects the seer, and in turn the seer prevents other nichelings from ascending and potentially challenging the god. When the seer dies, others may challenge the god again. Seers are not allowed to have children.

Prophet - "Special" role, optional. Prophets are able to curse all nichelings with roles below them. Their presence also removes a god's shrine benefits. Prophets can be whatever nicheling you want, but only once every other generation. Prophets are allowed to ascend, but the god can kill the prophet before they become an adult.

Tribesperson - Any average nicheling. They do all the gathering and basic maintenance. Tribespeople aren't very responsible. They may have children even when you're about to run out of food (but not out yet).  If a tribesperson is confident enough to challenge the current god, simulate a battle with console commands. Damage is the attacker's damage minus the defender's defense. They can attack once for every action point they have remaining. Once a tribesperson challenges a god, there can be one of three outcomes. They either come out victorious, die, or come out cursed.

EXTRA

Curses - Curses can only be cast by Gods and Prophets. Gods are immune to curses.

• Curse of Blindness - Blinds nicheling on receiving end of curse. They cannot become a seer afterwards.
  • Curse of Toxicity - The cursed nicheling is given the poison status effect.
  • Curse of Disfigurement - The cursed nicheling is given Derp Snout.
  • Curse of Lameness - The cursed nicheling is given Derp Snout, double Deformed Paw, Webbed Hind Legs, and Blind eyes. This curse is typically forbidden, and any prophet who uses this will be banished.
  • Curse of Seasight - The cursed nicheling will stop everything they were doing, and run to the nearest beach tile. And then stay there.
  • Curse of Sickness - The cursed nicheling is given double immunity.

Blessings - Blessings can also only be cast by Gods and Prophets. Blessings override curses.

• Blessing of Sight - Blind nicheling is given shortsighted in one gene slot.
  • Blessing of Youth - Age reduced by half. Caster has a fourth of their lifespan added.
  • Blessing of Finesse - Both paws and hind legs are replaced with Runner Leg.
  • Blessing of Healing - Healing given to nicheling of choice. Caster is given poison.
  • Blessing of Strength - Nicheling given 3 genes that boost attack (ex. sabertooh fangs, claw on both hands)

Extra God Things - Extra things I've thought of but would make the god section a little too bulky. You can only have two gods in a special case (ex. twins) or if you have a large tribespeople population.

• Warring Gods - Two gods, both with opposing natures. Every 10 days, they fight each other until one is badly injured.
  • Elemental Gods - The standard "god of the ____" like "God of the Ocean" or "God of the Skies". Give them special things they can do like a god of the skies could gift nichelings with wings. A god of the ocean could gift them with water body. 
  • Demonic Gods - Gods that go out of their way to mess with the tribe. They curse anyone who gets in their way, and may cause plagues. Before they die they often create a demigod to carry on their bloodline. Basically a malevolent god but so much worse. 

That's all for now. I'll definetely be coming back to add more, so tell me if I missed anything or if there's anything I should add. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing playthroughs of this!

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 1