Stray Fawn Community

Can you back up clan generator saves the same way you can niche saves?

Chiyanna

I really want to have another clan generator save so I can keep GreenClan and make a youtube series with a different clan. I figured you could probably go into the game files and backup the save the same way you would a niche save (copy-paste into another folder on your compter, then copy-paste back in when ready to use it). But I looked into the folder and found that the save seemed to be split up into multiple different files and a folder with even more files, not near as simple as the single niche savefile.

Plus, I use development version, which uses Thonny to open the game. So if I took the files out, would Thonny just not open the game or corrupt it somehow? Can I move the save while the game is open, too, like in Niche? I really don't want to corrupt my save trying these things when not evensure I can back it up. Could someone else please figure this out? Maybe if you're done playing clan generator or don't care if you lose your current savefile? Or has someone else already tried this and thus knows how? Either way, woudl love any input, thanks.

14 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I really want to have another clan generator save so I can keep GreenClan and make a youtube series with a different clan. I figured you could probably go into the game files and backup the save the same way you would a niche save (copy-paste into another folder on your compter, then copy-paste back in when ready to use it). But I looked into the folder and found that the save seemed to be split up into multiple different files and a folder with even more files, not near as simple as the single niche savefile.

Plus, I use development version, which uses Thonny to open the game. So if I took the files out, would Thonny just not open the game or corrupt it somehow? Can I move the save while the game is open, too, like in Niche? I really don't want to corrupt my save trying these things when not evensure I can back it up. Could someone else please figure this out? Maybe if you're done playing clan generator or don't care if you lose your current savefile? Or has someone else already tried this and thus knows how? Either way, woudl love any input, thanks.

Move the Greenclan.json and the clan folder out, remove green from the clan list text file

If it's your only save though, you should be able to just switch between clans whenever you want 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Modiano Ourania said:

Move the Greenclan.json and the clan folder out, remove green from the clan list text file

If it's your only save though, you should be able to just switch between clans whenever you want 

(So there are multiple save slots? 

And also, I actually don't have the most recent version but want to get the most recent development version. How do I update my game and should I back up my save first? 

20 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(So there are multiple save slots? 

And also, I actually don't have the most recent version but want to get the most recent development version. How do I update my game and should I back up my save first? 

To update, take out the saves you want to keep, then delete the clangen version you have and download the latest. After you launch it for the first time it will create a new saves folder in which you can put the old saves (remember to add the clan prefix in the clanlist text)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Modiano Ourania said:

To update, take out the saves you want to keep, then delete the clangen version you have and download the latest. After you launch it for the first time it will create a new saves folder in which you can put the old saves (remember to add the clan prefix in the clanlist text)

That's super helpful! Thanks