Stray Fawn Community

ShadeClan

Hello everyone! Yes I'm making ANOTHER new playthrough but in my defense I have a really cool idea, and it just wouldn't mesh well with the already ongoing story of WildClan so new warrior cats playthrough! Though it won't really start like a normal warrior cat playthrough.

A NOTE: I am NOT quitting WildClan, I will still be updating that one!

(Alright so for reference I’m gonna say that bearyena are actually just hyenas in this playthrough and blue birds are hawks!)

-

Shellslip breathed heavily as she laid in a shoddily made nest in the grasses of the scorching grasslands, the mixture of the beating sun along with having just given birth to a litter of three kits had made the already tired cat completely exhausted.

Yet she looked at the three squeaking bundles of fur by her belly and found she could never be angry at them as she already felt attached despite only knowing them for a small amount of time. She tried to even out her breathing as she reached her head down and groomed the fur on top of one of her newborn kits head. The kit squeaked in protest but couldn’t wiggle far with their brand-new legs.

She looked over the three kits and tried to think of names, though thoughts were slow due to her exhaustion. “Sparkkit” She said as she looked at one kit who had a completely dark brown face, only broken up by a large stripe of lighter brown on her ears. “Mudkit” She spoke as she saw one kit had a band of dark brown over his eyes and some of his face along with odd dark brown ear markings. “Hawkkit” She finished naming them as she looked at her last kit, who most closely resembled her with similar markings.

She then looked at the grasses with unease, would her old clan find her here? Or had she travelled far enough away to ensure her and her kits survival? She tried her best to just breath deeply and push away the thought, surely she must be safe considering she had fled for moons, island to island to try and make sure there was no way she was followed but her fear persisted.

The burning temperatures and toll of giving birth soon caught up to her as she felt her eyes drift shut against her will, causing her to take an unexpected rest as her body forced her to sleep.

1.png.e65d2d26542d9874a077e72a302263d5.png

Enough sunrises had passed for the kits to walk around and play, Shellslip made herself speak enough to teach them a decent vocabulary despite her vocal cords protests as they were rusty from a fair amount of disuse. She kept a careful eye on the young ones as they played and explored the area she had limited them to.

“Hey, ow!” The sound of pain put Shellslip on alert as she looked over to see Hawkkit was saying that because his sister Sparkkit had bit his ear pretty hard and was refusing to let go despite his protests. “Yer jus’ mad ‘ou are wosin’” Sparkkit said making Hawkkit let out a low rumble as his tail flicked in irritation at his sister’s antics while Mudkit kept to himself, more interested in batting at a small bug.

The two stopped their bickering when a shadow fell over them, causing both kits to look over and see their mom staring at them with a stern glare. Sparkkit quickly let go of her brother’s ear and sat in an attempt to look like a perfectly well behaved kit while Hawkkit used a paw to rub his now sore ear, though not before shooting a glare his sister’s way.

“Oh hi mom, we’re just playing!” Sparkkit spoke with her most sweet smile that made Hawkkit stick his tongue out at her. Shellslip just continued to stare at Sparkkit until she shuffled nervously on her paws as she tried to keep up the innocent facade.

“Okay okay! I just his ear but he knows me so he should’ve expected it!” Sparkkit huffed as she stomped a paw. “You don’t need to bite my ear every time we play!” Hawkkit argued as he used a paw to shove Sparkkit’s shoulder, causing her to squeak as she lost balance. She got up and used a paw to shove him back harder than he did causing him to fall onto his side.

Shellslip put a paw between the two kits to prevent them from continuing to fight and fixed them with a more stern glare that made the two freeze in their tracks as they realized they were in trouble. She then grabbed Sparkkit by the scruff and carried her over to a corner of the cleared grasses before placing her down and staring at her to signal for her to stay there.

“Ha! You’re in trouble~” Hawkkit said in a sing-song tone but shut his mouth when he saw Shellslip walk toward him. “No! Not me!” Hawkkit protested as he too was lifted by the scruff and placed him in a corner that was far enough away from his sister to prevent another fight but close enough for her to keep an eye on.

Mudkit put a paw over his snout to prevent his giggle from being heard as he glanced around and saw his siblings had gotten into trouble over a petty argument again. He preferred to play by himself and felt he had lucked out in that regard as he almost never got in trouble due to the fact he liked to just play with bugs and stay in one spot.

(Quick thing, Sparkkit was saying ‘You’re just mad you’re losing!’ in that one line but it was muffled because she was biting Hawkkit’s ear for anyone confused)

2.png.d9699733956556dc3d58775feb34dc71.png

It had been a few moons, the kits were almost five moons old already and Shellslip couldn’t believe her kits grew so fast. But older kits mean more meals so she didn’t have time to waste reminiscing.

Shellslip did her best to be both swift and stealthy as she slipped through the tall grasses. She hated leaving her kits alone but she couldn’t just let them starve either so she decided the best solution was to leave them in a thick patch of tall grass while she searched for a meal to sustain them at least until the next sunrise.

She paused for a moment as the scent of rabill hit her nose before she moved her paws faster towards the source. After stalking closer to the scent she saw a rabill nibbling on some grass, unaware of the fate that was about to befall it. She stalked as close as she could, minding her paws as it wouldn’t do any good to alert her prey of her presence, then she leaped.

The rabill’s screech was cut short by a swift bite to the throat that caused it to go limp in Shellslip’s jaw bringing a feeling of victory to the sandy cat as she stood from her crouched position. Just as she began to turn in the direction she had come from a rustling made her freeze in place.

The rustling didn’t cease, in fact it came closer and made her slowly turn her body toward the sound with every muscle taut in preparation for a fight. What emerged wasn’t some vicious beast but instead another cat, shaking their pelt and grumbling about something that Shellslip didn’t really care about as her mind was filled with the thought of this cat being a danger to her kits.

“You’re looking at me like I’m a hyena that’s gonna tear ya apart” The cat spoke equal parts amused and annoyed, as Shellslip eyed the other cat it was noted that they didn’t put their right paw down making her wonder if it was injured. “Just stare at my paw, not as if that’s rude or anything” The cat’s words made Shellslip’s gaze snap back up to their face instead as her muscles still remained tight in case this would turn into a confrontation as she held tight on the rabill in her jaws.

“I’m not gonna take yer food or hurt ya, you can stop lookin’ at me like that” The other cat spoke as any amusement slipped off their face in favor of pure annoyance. “I’m Antblossom, there” The cat gave their name, wondering if this cat was just gonna stare all sunhigh. “…Shellslip” Shellslip spoke quietly, wondering why a cat that seemed like a clan cat was out here by themselves, were they from her old clan? The thought made her queasy but upon reflection she remembered that no cat matched that name, nor did this cat look like anyone she remembered.

“You’ve got kits don’t ya?” The words caused Shellslip’s fur to bristle as she wondered how this cat knew, were they exposed? Did she not hide them well enough, or did this cat already hurt them? Her claws unsheathed as her eyes narrowed into a glare that only seemed to amuse Antblossom. “I see, well that explains the hostility” Antblossom spoke with a hum as she realized why this cat seemed to cautious. “I may have been called fox-hearted before but I’m not so cruel as to hurt a kit” Antblossom said with a scowl, she could be harsh but she would never stoop to such a disgusting thing.

“How about this, I help you hunt and provide for your kits and you let me stay with ya?” The offer made Shellslip glare once more at the thought of some unknown cat being near her kits but Antblossom wouldn’t give up easily. “I mean you’re obviously alone and hunting in the heat of this place would be exhausting, I may be a bit older but I ain’t so weak that I can’t help ya hunt for the tiny ones” Antblossom pressed, trying to use the one weakness she knew of this cat to her advantage.

And it seemed to be working as Shellslip considered it, she hated the thought of this unknown cat being around her kits but this cat was right, she couldn’t push herself to hunt in this scorching sunlight every sunrise without consequences eventually catching up to her. After some mental debate she looked Antblossom in the eye and gave a hesitant nod making the older cat grin as she realized that worked to her favor.

Shellslip them turned around and started walking towards where her kits were, with AntBlossom in tow.

=

Shellslip scraped her claws on a tree in a specific pattern as she got close to where her kits were hidden, she had developed a certain pattern of sounds to tell the kits that it was her so they wouldn’t pop out at a bad time.

It worked like a charm as the three kits burst out of the bundle of grass and bounded over to their mom. Well Mudkit was the only one who appeared out of the grass peacefully, Hawkkit had tried to run to their mom first but got shoved out of the way by Sparkkit as she raced over to Shellslip before skidding to a stop in front of her.

“Hi mom!” She greeted as she bounced around her mom’s paws, almost tripping her in the process as she made her way to the middle of the tiny clearing to place the rabill down. “Who’s that?” Hawkkit asked with a skeptical tone as he stood between his family and Antblossom, who laughed at Hawkkit’s courage.

“I’m Antblossom kit, guess you’re gonna chase me out if I do somethin’ wrong huh?” The older cat asked with a tone of amusement that Hawkkit scowled at as he unsheathed his claws before taking a step towards her. “Don’t laugh, I’m gonna be the toughest cat to walk!” Hawkkit spat as he swiped at Antblossom, who barely moved to dodge the kit’s attempt of an attack. “Sure ya are” She simply responded before looking over to see Sparkkit and Mudkit already crowding around the rabill. “I’m sure you’d have to eat to do that, which ya won’t if ya don’t get to the food before yer siblings do” She spoke making Hawkkit’s gaze snap over to the rabill. “Hey!” He said as he turned around but not before sending Antblossom a glare.

Shellslip watched as her kits ate to make sure no one took too much of their sibling’s share, especially a certain rambunctious kit. Antblossom decided to watch from the edge of the clearing as she knew getting to close while a cat is eating may not end well, not to mention she wasn’t exactly best pals with these cats either at the moment.

3.png.49c790d3c8e6cd90410bda2d92cbbb4e.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1