Stray Fawn Community

Atoll Island/Coral Reef

Leaellynasaura

So, I've seen some people complain about the lack of use for underwater genes. So, I was thinking that perhaps there could be something like an atoll island, where the only land is a thin strip of beach with maybe some grass surrounding the "island", just in case you have nichelings that can't breathe underwater, and then the main part would be a giant pit in the middle, containing a coral reef.

"Plants"

Coral Bushes*- These would act similar to berry bushes, although wouldn't produce as much food and would look different.

Water-breathing Coral- Normal coral that can sometimes be found in the game.

Kelp- Normal kelp found in the game.

Prey

Parrastars- Parrastars would look kind of like a cross between a parrot fish and a sea star. They would eat the coral bushes, and if your nichelings attack them they get poisoned.

Sea urchins- If you attack sea urchins, they can cause your nichelings to start bleeding, like a cactus. They are stationary.

Normal fish- The normal kinds of fish you can currently find in-game.

Predators

*Eels- Eels could be found hiding inside some coral bushes. You should listen for them. When a nicheling gets close, the eel will lunge out and bite the nicheling, having a chance of removing all remaining turns.

Shrids- Shrids would be attracted to bleeding nichelings. If a nichelings comes near it and isn't bleeding, then the shrid will ink them and run away. It looks kind of like a shark with large eyes and tentacles.

Other

Coral- You could also find coral that acts like rocks.

An ability for Gills- some kind of ability that makes gills more viable as a head option.

I am sorry if this is a bit too close to other ideas, this is mostly just a random idea for a single island (not all water in general).

• Like 3

1 reply to this post