Stray Fawn Community

Invasive Species

thivid08

We could say that nichelings are kind of invasive and harmful towards ecosystems with tall grass, but I think a pure, destructive invasive species would be great! I think players should have the option to chose if they want invasive species when starting a new save file, since they can show up in any island and greatly raise the difficulty. There would be two main invasive species, but first, here are their main characteristics:

They have a chance of spawning in the ports after a certain amount of time has passed since the nichelings arrived, and they can come in groups of three to six.

after that, they will move every time one of the player's nichelings moves, and they will search for resources like berries or burrows. The group could stay together or spread out.

During the night, they will spit a tar-like substance on a tile, but only once they have found a good base to start(like a burrow or a bush.) This tile will turn grey with a rocky appearance, and will be surrounded by green smoke, any creature that stands on it or interacts with it( like grabbing berries) will take damage. The only species capable of standing on it is the invasive creature. If they turn a nest, rabbil burrow or mole hole into one of their tiles, the rabbils or moles wont be able to spawn, but the ivasive critters will spawn instead. If a tree or bush has been taken over, gathering from it will deal one damage. And a normal tile that has been taken over will also deal damage if you stand on it and it has a chance of spawning the creatures, but the chance is smaller than in nests or burrows. Also, the invasive species will eat berries, any object that can be cracked, and meat.

Five strength is required to turn a tile back to normal. You can end the invasion by destroying all the tiles that have been taken over, and by killing all of the creatures before they start taking over tiles again. Its useful to have nichelings guarding the ports, so they can kill the invaders before they start building their hive. They cant attack and you only need 2 strength to kill them, so they only become dangerous once they have started transforming tiles.

The two species are:

Frats: Like rats with pointy ears, small claws and a short, fluffy tail with grey or orange color and a white underbelly, they look innocent and cute, nut they are savage! They will target nests or burrows to take over first, getting rid of the bunnies or moles living on them, and they will spread out from there. They also love berries and nesting material. They prefer to take over other creature's homes than taking over food sources, so they can get more spawn points, they are also preety fast.

stats: 3 speed, 2 eyesight, 2 cracking, 2 collecting, 2 smell, 3 hearing, 1 heat resistance, 1 cold resistance.

Parrgull: Like a parrot with a seagull beak, and green and purple colors, they are like frats, but they prefer to take over berry bushes and other food sources, so they don't usually spawn as often as frats do because they prioritize food over nesting grounds, but they can be more dangerous because they take over the best feeding grounds before spreading their kingdom tho the rest of the island. The tiles they take over have green smoke instead of brown, but they still have a rocky appearance.

Stats: 8 flying, 3 eyesight, 2 cracking, 2 collecting, 1 smell, 2  hearing, 1 heat resistance, 1 cold resistance.

What do you think of this idea? Also I thinked of a water based invasive species, but the water is not as developed as the land. Can someone draw a concept of the corrupted tiles and the creatures? I wanted to make one but im a bad drawer. 

• Like 2

2 replies to this post

I think this is a really interesting idea but not for story mode.

It could be implemented in this:

or this:

because I think most player wouldn't want to deal with this ( I personally totally would ^^)

• Like 1

Jojo thats a good point. But maybe if you start a new sandbox or story mode, you could have the option to have them if you want, for example, you start a new game, and a bubble appears with yes or no for invasive species, like a simpler version of the more customization thing.