Stray Fawn Community

Marsupial Genetics

HighlyIllogical

I think these sorts of genes have already been suggested but this is my take on them and they never really made it in game, idk if that was purposely or if the developers had other priorities but I'll suggest them anyway. Hope you enjoy 😄 

Marsupial body/pouch:
I dont know how this may be integrated into the game but it could be added as a new gene in the body gene slot(marsupial body) or there would be an entirely new gene(pouch) deciding whether the nichling has a pouch or not
Obviously only females would express this and she can carry her 1 gemed baby around without the fear it being attacked or snatched by predators or birds, I suppose it could also warm the baby but other than that idk what stats this would add.
(perhaps it could add heat resistance if grouped with the body genes?)

Also I know this is sorta unrelated but speaking of gender specific genes perhaps females could have a gene mutation that causes them to grow a mane appearing male-like and I guess attracting female wanderers and repelling rouge males.

Marsupial face:
It'd basically look like a kangaroo or koala and it can use the licking ability to cool itself and others like how kangaroos do in real life.

Marsupial ears:
They'd be tall and erect kangaroo-like ears(the round ear genes would kinda make rounded koala ear genes redundant) 
And as for stats I guess they'd have standard +2 hearing and maybe +3 heat resistance due to their size

Kangaroo hind legs:
They'd add a jumping ability which would funtion almost the same way as flying
+1 or 2 strength(male kangaroos are known for their kickboxing)
+2 or 3 speed(kangaroos are pretty fast)
Stealth?(idk if it should add that stat)

Kangaroo tail:
Idk what this might add, kangaroos use them for balance when fighting irl so idk how this might relate to niche.
Perhaps the tail could be used to hit small enemies and wanderers a few blocks away?

Okay thanks for reading and feel free to leave suggestions.

• Like 4
  • Paw up 1

6 replies to this post

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, HighlyIllogical said:

The way I pictured this is that the mutated female mane would look slightly different than the normal ones like perhaps its smaller or shorter/scarcer or paler(sort of how all water bodied nichlings have a blueish tint to their original fur color).

Also at least it would repel or deter pesky rogue males and attract female wanderers. Perhaps it could add an intimidation stat into the game(if its not already in-game)?

The mane for females should probably be super hard to breed in, than, if it's a bit op-ish. I like the idea for the marsupial genes itself, but not so much the gene. I guess it's just my opinion though- ,:,D

The way I pictured this is that the mutated female mane would look slightly different than the normal ones like perhaps its smaller or shorter/scarcer or paler(sort of how all water bodied nichlings have a blueish tint to their original fur color).

Also at least it would repel or deter pesky rogue males and attract female wanderers. Perhaps it could add an intimidation stat into the game(if its not already in-game)?

On 6/17/2018 at 7:46 PM, 1_CattAttack_1 said:

The mane for females should probably be super hard to breed in, than, if it's a bit op-ish. I like the idea for the marsupial genes itself, but not so much the gene. I guess it's just my opinion though- ,:,D

Of course, it would be a pretty rare gene, that would never be in the starting pair but rather something you'd have to pick up from wanderers and rouges and also not in the mutation menu, sorta like the genes for albinism and melanism.

• Thanks 1

Kangaroo Hindlegs would be cool with adding Jumping Ability.

Making it like Flight may be to overpowered, though. You could make it so that you can jump over obstacles like rocks or berry bush barriers or even predators if you happen to get cornered.