Stray Fawn Community

Balance Bear VS cold

Snowy Owl

i saw in a vid that the balance bear only has one cold resistance, does that mean they get turned into Balance bear icicles? or something. Because if they don't it wound't be fair if they stay unaffected and our creatures don't.

i'm asking this because i have never met one myself and want to be prepared for when i do 

6 hours ago, Snowy Owl said:

i saw in a vid that the balance bear only has one cold resistance, does that mean they get turned into Balance bear icicles? or something. Because if they don't it wound't be fair if they stay unaffected and our creatures don't.

i'm asking this because i have never met one myself and want to be prepared for when i do 

During my Frost Lands playthroughs, I've seen multiple balance bears. None of them have frozen, even in the cold winter. I think the 1 cold resistance is meant to tell the player that the bears can survive in the cold. 

They dont freeze, so just imagine they have more cold resistance. But I noticed that it prefers fish and berries over your nichelings, and also they seem to hibernate if they are buried just a bit in the snow, staying mostly inactive until the snow melts. I recommend that you try to get armor body to coexist peacefully with those  cute bears, but otherwise you are safe by staying one tile away, they are veeeeeery slow.

• Like 1