Stray Fawn Community

Getting past medium islands

fuzzysherbet

I tried my first medium island recently: First Snow! All was going well, until the balance bears showed up. They absolutely demolished my tribe, and when we killed one another replaced it. The only reason we survived was because I took a breeding pair to the easier island port, and now we're recuperating on a Tiny Green. It's a little disheartening to have gone from hovering around 300 food to under 100. I do have a few ideas on how to improve my next attempt at a cold island (mutating in medium tail until I unlock big body just for any extra cold resistance I can get being the main one), but I would definitely appreciate some advice, if anyone is willing to give it.

You don't have to fight the balance bears. They only move one turn at a time so you can usually easily avoid them. If you want to fight them (which I do recommend) big body, spiky body or armored boy would be the most useful as they give defense but you can defeat them easily without. Just have very strong Nichelings (double bearyena claws are my go to with horns) just a strong as you can get them, preferably with poison fangs or scorpion tail as Balance Bears are vulnerable to poison. Also when it gets cold keep your Nichelings in groups of three to keep them warm.

Having purr snout Nichelings around to heal your fighters is also a good idea. Apart from having fighter, hunters with a decent speed stat are also useful to hunt the bunnies. Hope that helps :)

• Like 5