Stray Fawn Community

Ideas for bosses

CyrusDaSquid

So I was checking out the early acces roadmap, and I stumbled upon something pretty interesting: bossfights. I really like this idea, as it would add some great challenge to the game and surely make things more interesting. So I thought I’d come up with some suggestions for potential bosses in the future. Hope you enjoy!

1. The motherhive:

A massive hive has formed in the planet’s core! This boss may seem very familliar to people who have played the old demo, as it used to be a mission, but got removed once the alpha came out. It was a cool concept so I thought it would make for an interesting boss.

When you land on the planet, you are immediately greeted with swarms and swarms of bugs. And I’m talking hundreds of normal, large and explody bugs (hopefully the game engine takes it well) and their respective normal hives scattered all over the planet. These will be a huge nuisance to deal with, but I’m sure people will be able to think of a drone broken enough to handle it. Your goal is to tunnel down into the very core of the planet and destroy the motherhive. Of course, there will be elite sentinel bugs that will shoot and bite your drone in order to stop you. Once you destroy the hive, you are rewarded with plenty of yellow resource and maybe something else too (I’m sure the devs can think of something here). Tip: The hive is weak to plasma weapons.

2. The war machine:

The corp has created a massive elite war machine, capable of mass destruction, but a malfunction in the programming has caused it to go rogue! You must stop it! I don’t really know what it would look like in game, but I imagine it as some type of huge tank/walker type of thing (simmilar aesthetic style to the transmitter and lab) with lots of guns and cannons. It would shoot homing missiles, small swarms of ships, mortar shots, and a massive long range laser that could absolutely devastate your drone if you’re not careful. It would also sometimes lay aerial mines that would detonate upon contact with your drone. Once destroyed, the corp will reward you with lots of red resource and something else too. Tip: It’s weak to kinetic weapons.

3. The hammerhead mariarch:

This one is pretty self explanatory. It’s just a really thicc hammerhead with a bit more  visual flare. It’s huge, and its main attacks include charging at you and trying to squish you against the ground. It will also do a huge ground pound type attack where it will make lava fountains emerge from the ground, making the battlefield more intense. It will also shoot fireballs and summon mini hammerheads for you to deal with. Also, every hit it lands will heat you up, so make sure you pack some coolers. Once defeated, it gives you tons of blue resource and a unique something. Tip: Although it can’t be frozen, cryo weapons deal more damage to it

4. The mega fungus:

Remember those purple brain looking things that grow land? Yeah, well a growth mutation in one of them has caused it to grow to collosal proportions and start overgrowing the entire planet. It would be a pretty grotesque blob looking thing with tendrils and bumps all over it. Pretty gross to be honest. It would try to hit you with tendrils and throw rocks at you. It would spit out toxic spore clouds and acit that would damage you on contact. It would also throw tiny versions of itself that would grow big spikes out of the ground, which could impale your drone and easily get you killed. At low health it would start to grow a protective layer of land around itself, which you would have to destroy in order to finish it off. Also around the planet you could find agressive fungus monsters which would jump at you and then explode into land which could really mess up your drone. Once beaten, the reward would be lots of green resource (when it’s added, of course) and something else as well. Tip: it’s weak to bio weapons, and if you manage to hit the spore clouds with a plasma gun, it will catch fire and damage the boss

Well, those were some of my ideas, hopefully the devs find them helpful, and have a nice day ;)

• Like 2

1 reply to this post

All in all great suggestions :) We are in the process of planning the next steps at the moment and are happy to see what the players would like to see in the game. I personally think that we'd probably first get the progression system going and do some not boss related content before implementing such jewels like your ideas into the game. Nevertheless, it's good that you made them as we will have a look at it whenever it's time to make it happen.

• Thanks 1