Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 012: Cassowary (The modern therizinosaurus)

Biogamer

Now the therizinosaurus is a herbivorous relative of the T-rex which has a long neck, small head and over a meter long claws. Now back to the point, there's only one gene ideas. The cassowary hind talons would be obtained by spending 100 days in a jungle biome , the effects would be +2 speed, +1 swimming and +2 strength. Now though this gene could be considered broken so the only way to somewhat nerve it is by how to obtaining the cassowary hind talons. The effects shown are like that because a Cassowary is fast and strong. As for the swimming effect it has to be there.

Like PhiloJD suggested a cassowary crest gene would be added. The way it would be unlocked would be by calling to attract wild animals 30 times and spending 50 days in a jungle. The effects would be +1 attractiveness (males only), +1 strength (due to powerful head butts and pecks), +2 smelling and +2 collecting.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download.jpg

• Like 2

4 replies to this post

4 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

The legs are way too long for nichelings, and if they were made shorter I don't think they would keep their strength. Only birds with particularly long legs like ostriches, cassowaries and sereimas are really known to use their legs to kick

I mean can't they just be folded so they won't take so much space? Maybe they could make the legs thicker/feet bigger to show their strength, which I didn't quite do here. Or they could be splayed out like the webbed hind legs so they can have space for their length.

casso.thumb.png.f114c4836069e1d485a336fee75c33fe.png

• Like 4

I love cassowaries so it'd be great to have something like this in-game! Imagine how formidable a cassowary-legged, bearyena-faced nicheling with ram horns would be. I feel like maybe the strength and speed should be balanced out so one has +1 and the other has +2, but cassowaries are both fast and powerful so I'm not sure.

I was going to say maybe you could suggest a cassowary casque, but then I realized no one really knows what it's for. There are some theories that its used to attract mates, so it could possibly be a horn type that adds +1 attractiveness, but again no one is certain as to why they have a casque (though it is sexually dimorphic) Sorry for rambling on haha

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

I love cassowaries so it'd be great to have something like this in-game! Imagine how formidable a cassowary-legged, bearyena-faced nicheling with ram horns would be. I feel like maybe the strength and speed should be balanced out so one has +1 and the other has +2, but cassowaries are both fast and powerful so I'm not sure.

I was going to say maybe you could suggest a cassowary casque, but then I realized no one really knows what it's for. There are some theories that its used to attract mates, so it could possibly be a horn type that adds +1 attractiveness, but again no one is certain as to why they have a casque (though it is sexually dimorphic) Sorry for rambling on haha

I would probably go with +1 speed and +2 strength. The bearyena hindlegs only add +1 strength and the cassowary's legs are definately more adapted for strength

Edit: while I love this idea, I don't know if this would work. The legs are way too long for nichelings, and if they were made shorter I don't think they would keep their strength. Only birds with particularly long legs like ostriches, cassowaries and sereimas are really known to use their legs to kick

Edit 2: I sort of forgot they could sit down lol

Cassowary+jessie+sits+IMG_3310.jpg

Do3p6_GWwAAtWG1.jpg

Edited by BirdsAreCool
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

I would probably go with +1 speed and +2 strength. The bearyena hindlegs only add +1 strength and the cassowary's legs are definately more adapted for strength

Edit: while I love this idea, I don't know if this would work. The legs are way too long for nichelings, and if they were made shorter I don't think they would keep their strength. Only birds with particularly long legs like ostriches, cassowaries and sereimas are really known to use their legs to kick

though that may make it more balance the cassowary is extremely fast so I couldn't 😅