Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 022: Alligator Snapping Turtle (one of the best offensive tank)

Biogamer

The alligator snapping turtle is known as one of the most dangerous (for their standard) turtles. With jaws that can crush watermelons, a spiky shell and a bait strategy there was no way I wasn't going to do this one. First the Snapping Jaw would be obtained by attacking 30 times and being in a swamp for 50 days. The effects would be +2 strength, +1 stealth/camouflage (amazing camouflage in their environments) and +1/2 lure (adapted their tongue to look like worms).  It was originally going to be 4 because of their bite. I mean 9,452 newton of sheer power when they bite, that's a lot.

Next the spiked shell would be obtained by receiving 50 attacks and spending 50 days in a swamp. Now it maybe a lot of hard work to get but here is why. The effects would be +1 spikiness (their shells do have spikes), +2 defence (a ton of bulk), +1 stealth/camouflage and +1 scentless (they really don't smell). The reason for this somewhat op bulk is because turtle shells have evolved solely for the defensive side of the spectrum.

Next would be the Snapping turtle paws which would be obtained by swimming 30 and spending 30 days in a swamp. The effects would be +1 swimming and +1 underwater digging. Then the Snapping turtle hind legs would be unlocked similar to the snapping turtle paws and the effects would be +1 swimming, +1 speed and +1 underwater digging.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download.jpg

4 replies to this post

The snapping jaw would be really cool, but it shouldn't have stealth or camouflage. It wouldn't affect how much noise the nicheling makes, and a bright yellow nicheling isn't going to have any better camouflage with a different shape of head

I also wouldn't give a turtle shell camouflage, it should be able to come in different colours

How would the flippers work given how differently shaped a nicheling is from a turtle?

Well this is because in their environments they are pretty hard to seek in their biome. But you are right. Instead of stealth/camouflage for the shell because I did some research and the shell seems to be adapted to deter predators. And the flippers would work similar like a cross between platypus beak and webbed paws. Originally I was going to make this idea of the genes allowing a nicheling to burrow underwater and use their snout gene to attract prey in, but then I thought it might just be a little too much.

2 hours ago, Biogamer said:

Well this is because in their environments they are pretty hard to seek in their biome. But you are right. Instead of stealth/camouflage for the shell because I did some research and the shell seems to be adapted to deter predators. And the flippers would work similar like a cross between platypus beak and webbed paws. Originally I was going to make this idea of the genes allowing a nicheling to burrow underwater and use their snout gene to attract prey in, but then I thought it might just be a little too much.

I meant how would the look? They wouldn't really fit on a nicheling