Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 024: Mosquito (A taste of their own medicine)

Biogamer

In swamps on of the most prevalent and annoying thing is the mosquito swarms and their sleeping sickness effect. But what if there was a way to use this against predators, or not be effected at all. The mozzie proboscis (I know I'm a such a bogan 😂) would be unlocked by licking 30 times and attack 50 times. The effects would be +1 strength, +2 smelling and a new effect, +1 sleeping poison/sickness. This new effect sleeping poison/sickness would be caused by attacking a target (predator for this sake) and cause the sleeping sickness to them. The higher the strength stat is the more potent it would be. The graph would be as shown:

• +1: Last one turn
  • +2: Last two turns
  • +3: Last one day
  • +4: Last one day and a turn
  • +5 and higher: Last for 3 days

The mozzie body would most likely be obtained by either spending 50 days in a swamp or inviting this nicheling into the tribe. The effects would be +1 speed, +1 stealth, +2 flight, -1 heat resistance, -1 cold resistance and sickness immunity (fairly obvious what it does). It looked op at first but the reduction of resistances makes this gene more balanced. Also because of how mosquitos are set out it's likely that their mozzie like wings would already be on their backs (maybe implement a more complex flight lay out). The paws would be called grapple claws and would be obtained by attacking 30 times and spending 50 days in a swamp. The effects would be +1 strength and +1 new effect, grapple.

The grapple effect would allow nichelings to latch onto predators, and the more grapple a nicheling has the more likely they would stay on with the predator unable to attack, giving somewhat of an immunity. The said nicheling can still attack whilst on the back, actually that's all they can do. A player can move a nicheling off a predator and run away. However there are cons to this gene. If the predator moves the nicheling is still latched on, meaning the predator could take the nicheling into a dangerous area. Secondly if another predator is around they can attack your nicheling even removing it. Finally the grapple hind legs would likely be obtained in a similar manner to the grapple claws. The effects would be +1 speed, +1 swimming and +1/2 grapple. Reasons are obvious.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

images.jpg

4 replies to this post

Here's another gene (and pred) with the grapple ability

2 hours ago, Biogamer said:

Oh that's my bad, I didn't really explain what I meant by turn. When I said turn I'm referring to an action point.

Only nichelings have action points. How would it work on predators and prey like the bearyena?

No what I'm trying to say is how they interact while our nichelings do. So when you move a nicheling while the sleeping sickness is in effect the other animal can't do anything. So it can work like a getaway strategy. Sorry for not being that specific.

• Confused 1