Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 026: Peregrine Falcon (A new threat from above)

Biogamer

The previous gene idea introduce a new effect, mid-air diving and I mentioned a more offensive approach to it. And I think the peregrine falcon would suit this role the best. First the tomial beak (looks like they have a tooth but it does help with attacking prey) would be unlocked be attacking 30 times and flying 50 times. The effects would be +1 strength, +1 mid-air diving and +1 smelling. It could be likely +1 heat resistance for their ability to pant like dogs to deal with heat.

Next the falcon body would be obtained by mid-air diving 70 times and flying 70 times. The effects would be +1 strength, +2 speed, +2 stealth, +2 mid-air diving, +2 flight, +1 stun (see electric eel idea to get the basic) and +1 cold resistance. The reason for these effects are they must use brute strength to stun prey by going at high speed with their prey not realising due to their blue tail feathers and wings mixed with their brown bodies and head (see how I fit all the reasons for the effects into one sentence).

The falcon wings (actually sounds cool) would be unlocked by mid-air diving 50 times and flying 50 times. With the effects being +1 speed, +1 stealth, +1 mid-air diving and +2 flight. Now yes the last two genes may seem op. But it is pretty hard to get both, because first you need a nicheling that can fly then repeat these actions constantly. So I decided having it be demanding to obtain rather than like the o.g bird genes were you could invite them in.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download 9.10.19 PM.jpg

2 replies to this post

maybe mid-air diving should be called "dive bomb" instead

edit: wait one thing though, when a falcon flies at top speed or flaps, its wing feathers actually create a lot of sound as they cut through the air, they don't notice the falcon because by the time they "could" detect it, they have gotten pummeled by the falcon's talons and either knocked out of the air or fumbling around on the ground, but falcons fly at close to the same speed as pigeons and other normal birds when cruising so +3 or 2 flight each wing is okay

• Like 1