Stray Fawn Community

Harry Potter Challenge

medicine cat

(Original  Badgercat's Harry Potter challenge!!.)
(I'll be starting with four random-generated nichelings. Since this story is going to be more based on plot than anything, I'm making their lives a bit longer and slower-paced.
Babies will be so for 4 days; Children will have 6 days; Teens will have 7 (when they are inducted into their house); and Adults will be 100. This makes a life span around 117. Pregnancy will last 4 days.
Enemy damage will be 20x, Hunger 12x, Environment 16x, and Healing 8x.)
(We're starting on Peaceful Meadow, and will advance as we go.)
(Here's my sorting hat: https://perchance.org/nichehat )
We start with a band of four friends; Illusion, Frost, Sorcery and Mist.
Illusion of Gryffindor is tough, straightforward, and direct. She values bravery and stating things as they are, despite her name. She has a hidden crush on Mist, but wouldn't dream of letting him know, let alone acting on it. She sometimes regrets her choice of Gryffindor- she can be rather insecure and doubts her own abilities of being the House Leader.
Frost of Ravenclaw is the greyish-white nicheling with blue gems. He comes off as cold, but really he is almost always deep in thought and caught between his calculations. He is very proud of being in Ravenclaw, but is often annoyed by Illusion's loud voice.
Sorcery of Slytherin is the pure-green nicheling with green gems. He is a bit brooding and moody, but he's ambitious, and won't let himself be stepped over. He is a good friend of Illusion, but often finds himself annoyed by the proud demeanor displayed by Frost.
Mist of Hufflepuff is the interesting-looking nicheling with green and brown fur. He is kind and silly, though a bit of an eccentric. He likes hanging around with Sorcery, but Illusion intimidates him so he prefers to avoid her.
119742488_ScreenShot2019-04-06at6_31_41PM.png.d359ec8f965984c698a77fb91b8ead6e.png
The four came here to form a society, so they all take on their own faction. They decide to make each faction be distinct according to personality types, and to all play a role in decision-making in the clan. Therefore, they get together and set out for food and to set up camp.
The first couple of weeks are rather slow, with no new additions. However, this is about to change, for the tribe is soon met by a young, freshly-adult female looking for a place to stay.
"You're welcome to be with us! Come to our sorting pool, and see your destined faction," says Illusion cheerfully. "What is your name?"
The female looks at her. "I am called Seer.. I had many visions in my dreams as a child."
"A perfect addition," says Sorcery.
At the pool, Seer jumps into the crystal waters. The four House Leaders watch curiously as the waters swirl and shine, turning to spots of green and yellow.
"It is between Hufflepuff and Slytherin," states Frost. "Decide."
Seer thinks to herself. She would have preferred Ravenclaw- she thinks it's more "her"- but she certainly does not want to be in Hufflepuff. It seems too carefree and unpredictable.
"Slytherin," she says. She is put in the den of Slytherin, taking a spot near Sorcery.
1972181109_ScreenShot2019-04-06at6_52_21PM.png.3046a47cb106d61ef7b189e11bed360a.png
"So, what do you think of the new addition?" Asks Illusion curiously. Her tail flicks with mischief.
"I admire her ambition to join me, but not in that way," affirms Sorcery. "She is surely not my type."
Only a few days later, Illusion is exploring the coast when she stumbles across a boy, just old enough to be put into his own house.
"What is your name, child?" Illusion asks.
"Cataclysm," he mumbles out softly. "My parents are gone. I was born shortly before a natural disaster."
"Oh, my," she says softly. "Well, you are welcome to join us.."
At the pools, Cataclysm cautiously steps in. The waters turn a piercing dark red- thinking it is blood at first, he jumps in fright.
"Don't worry," calls Mist comfortingly. "This simply means you are destined to be within Gryffindor."
"O-oh, Okay," says the boy cautiously. he shakily steps out of the pool and goes to Illusion's side.
"I will teach you everything you need to know to be a Gryffindor," she says, her voice low for once to try to sound more gentle.
1734477480_ScreenShot2019-04-06at6_58_54PM.png.89d742003b237f54c86632d3d4c91cf9.png
Some more days are spent lazily clearing grass and collecting food, then... Look! A baby? On clan territory! Barely believing their eyes, the clan looks at the small, cream-colored kit. 
"Who's going to take care of it?" Asks Cataclysm, curiously. Illusion pulls him back and hisses in his ear, "it can't be us, Cataclysm. We're working on your training."
"I would if I could," says Sorcery.
"I wouldn't," says Frost.
Luckily, Mist  leaps forward. "I'll care for her! I'll raise her as my own!" The other leaders breathe a sigh of relief, and he gently picks up the kit in his jaws. "I'm going to call her Diplomacy. May she grow up kind."
And so, Diplomacy is named and taken in by the house of Hufflepuff until it is time for her sorting.
While she is being raised under the eye of Mist, Cataclysm reaches adulthood. He is declared a full member of Gryffindor.
The day comes for her to be sorted, and Mist, now attached to her like one of his own, grudgingly takes her to the pools. He holds his breath as Diplomacy goes underwater, praying to Starclan that she gets a good path.
She steps in, and the water turns a dark, Murky green. 
"Welcome to Slytherin," declares Sorcery.
"Congratulations!" calls Mist, but he feels a tightness in his chest as Diplomacy ignores him. She is already focused on her new life.
1278931979_ScreenShot2019-04-06at7_17_30PM.png.4a0525b5dc2c974b4b1f8be7ef514108.png

• Like 1

GRYFFINDOR :
Illusion (House Leader)
Cataclysm
RAVENCLAW :
Frost (House Leader)
SLYTHERIN :
Sorcery (House Leader)

Seer
Diplomacy
HUFFLEPUFF :
Mist (House Leader)

The days pass, and Diplomacy grows into a full member of Slytherin. 
Not long after, a new, young male enters the territory. He goes by Sash, and interested, the clan takes him to the sorting pool. Their eyes widen and look at Frost as the pool's waters turn a deep cyan blue. He twitches his ears, proud of his new rank.
"Welcome to  Ravenclaw," says Frost, approaching him. "It is high time I have a companion."
1617676871_ScreenShot2019-04-07at11_55_54AM.png.8d8165895bcf8411f4a7a1b2f5108a0f.png
A large amount of time passes. Finally, a new member comes into the clan- a child.
"What is your name?" asks Cataclysm gently.
"Keeper," she says softly. "I was sent away from home to find somewhere safe."
Cataclysm approaches Illusion and whispers in her ear. "Can we take her in?"
Illusion nods with a smile, knowing that he asked because she reminds him of his younger self. "of course." Keeper is taken in and raised by Gryffindor.
Soon enough, though, Keeper comes of age, and is taken to the pool of sorting. The water turns an emerald green.
"Welcome to Slytherin," says Sorcery.
1432639579_ScreenShot2019-04-07at3_36_23PM.png.a56b245b326a1ff72f4f23812bbd7860.png
Keeper joins Slytherin, and becomes the fast friend of Seer.
The clan also befriends a middle-aged female on their borders.
"My name is Observatory!" she says, flicking her tail. She is taken to the pool of Sorting. The pool swirls, turning a swirling blue and yellow color.
"Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw," says Sorcery.
The she-nicheling thinks a moment. Hufflepuff has only one other member, and seems most interesting to her.
"I'll pick Hufflepuff!"
1268352817_ScreenShot2019-04-07at3_46_12PM.png.66f3152645544ccb080437b7d18643b2.png
Cataclysm falls ill and dies an early death, leaving a heartbroken Illusion behind.
Observatory becomes more outgoing as the clan gets to know her. It isn't that long before she announces her pregancy.
"What?!" Asks Diplomacy, flattening her ears in shock.
"I've fallen in love with her," confesses Mist. Joyously, the clan prepares for their first child to be born.
Eventually, their child is born- They name her Reconciler in hopes she grows up peaceful and kind. Reconciler is a sweet, sensitive child.
The clan also takes in an orphaned child named Sphinx. She is taken to the Sorting Pool. There, something magnificent happens- the four colors in the pool swirl and combine! She can choose whatever she wants!
"Who do you want in?" Asks Illusion. "We really need members in Gryffindor."
Sphinx thinks, and chooses Gryffindor because Illusion asked. She's a bit rough, but a good warrior nonetheless.
942832974_ScreenShot2019-04-07at4_10_05PM.png.7d1c325e39b95f70245792e6b66b718e.png
Frost calls the four House Leaders to a meeting.
"What is it?" Asks Mist curiously.
"We need sucessors. We are old. We will not be here forever."
The leaders are quiet, but reluctantly nod and agree. 
"How about we confront our candidates and ask them to succeed us when we're gone?"
"That's a good idea."
The first to go is Frost. One night, he approaches Sash in confidence.
"Sash."
"Yes, Frost?"
"I have an important task to bestow upon you." Sash looks at Frost. "I'm not going to be around forever. I need to ensure that you can take over Ravenclaw when I am gone. Can I trust you to do that?"
Sash feels his stomach lurch and flattens his ears. Oh, how he wishes there were another member to take the lead in his stead! He is no leader, and explicitly joined Ravenclaw so that he could think rather than talk. But Frost is not going to take no for an answer, and he knows that. He nods.
"Yes, Frost."
Meanwhile, Sorcery decides to approach Seer in private.
"Seer, we have an important matter to discuss. I need to have you take over Slytherin when I am gone."
Seer's ears prick forward. "Are you serious?"
"Yes, Seer. You have been here for nearly all your life, aside from when you were under the care of Mist. You would make a fine House Leader at my death."
"Yes, sir. I would be honored." She smiles a toothy grin, trying to withhold her news so she doesn't brag to the other Slytherins.
Mist approaches his mate gently while their daughter sleeps at her side.
"I need you to promise me something, Observatory."
"Anything for you," Observatory says, nuzzling him.
"When I'm gone.... I need you to take over Hufflepuff."
"You're not going anywhere, Mist-"
"Promise me. Please." He flattens his ears, a tinge of worry in his eyes.
"..Yes, Mist. I promise."
Illusion tries to be more discreet. She is teaching Sphinx one day when she casually says, "And when I am gone, you shall be House Leader."
And so, all the houses have a successor set.

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 4.05.34 PM.png

GRYFFINDOR :
Illusion (House Leader)
Sphinx (Successor)
RAVENCLAW :
Frost (House Leader)

Sash (Successor)
SLYTHERIN :
Sorcery (House Leader)

Diplomacy (Successor)
Seer

Keeper
HUFFLEPUFF :
Mist (House Leader)

Observatory (Successor)
Reconciler

Sphinx grows into a full member of Gryffindor, and Reconciler comes of age. She is taken to the pool of sorting. The water turns a deep green, signalling she belongs in Slytherin. Her heart drops- Sphinx hates slytherin, and could only imagine herself in Hufflepuff with her parents. Depressedly, she takes on her role as a member of slytherin, until... one day, no one can find her.
"Have you seen your daughter?" Interrogates Sorcery to Mist.
"No. Is she alright?" Asks the tom, genuinely concerned.
"She's only been with us a few days. She's already gone," hisses out Diplomacy. "She's not worth it if she's just going to run away."
This infuriates Mist, especially coming from Diplomacy, who he raised. "You do not have the right to speak for her. Let her do as she pleases."
Diplomacy's eyes roll. "Just like a Hufflepuff."
"Diplomacy!" Hisses Sorcery, causing the she-nicheling to back off this time.
"I can't believe how ungrateful... I raised her better," sighs Mist to Observatory.
"At least be proud of your other daughter," comments Observatory. "She'd rather run away free than die miserable in a house she doesn't like." 
In brighter news, Observatory announces she is pregnant again some time later.
A meeting is called between all four of the houses. The four House leaders state that they have decided it is time to move islands, and that the houses need to vote. The four houses get together separately in a huddle.
"What do you want?" Illusion asks Sphinx.
"North," says Sphinx. "looks challenging."
This dismays Illusion, for she is aiming to go East.
Meanwhile in Ravenclaw, FRost and Sash decide on the north.
Sorcery confronts his members. "What do you all say? I'm thinking north."
Keeper agrees with Sorcery, but Diplomacy and Seer desire to go east or west.
"What do you think?" Mist asks Observatory. "I think East."
"I think West, but whatever you like."
The four house leaders meet.
"Gryffindor chooses to go East."
"Ravenclaw orders to go North."
"Slytherin agrees with Ravenclaw."
"Hufflepuff agrees with Gryffindor."
This causes a tension in the clan- Gryffindor and Hufflepuff versus Slytherin and Ravenclaw. The four house leaders leave their groups to speak together, in quiet. After some debate, they decide to go north. But their discussion is even longer, for they make another tough decision.
"As leaders, we have decided to retire. Our successors are to take the wheel from here."
An audible gasp comes from each of the houses, especially from Observatory.
"You'll be fine, love," whispers Mist. "I am old. You and our child will fare fine."
Tearfully and bittersweetly, the new successors and house members leave, trying not to look back at their founders.
The party llands on a new, strange, and HOT oasis. Our heroes are not used to this heat.How will they fare in this weather?

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 4.47.22 PM.png

GRYFFINDOR :
Sphinx (House Leader)
RAVENCLAW :
Sash (House Leader)
SLYTHERIN :
Diplomacy (House Leader)

Seer
Keeper
HUFFLEPUFF :
Observatory (House Leader)

After almost one hundred years on their starting island, the Four Houses have moved to a new island and appointed new leaders.
Shortly after their arrival, Observatory gives birth to a son. 
"What will you name him?" asks Keeper curiously.
"Charade. He's whimsical and looks... interesting."
Diplomacy accidentally drowns looking for food. Smooth. Therefore, Seer takes over.
761527738_ScreenShot2019-04-07at4_57_00PM.png.57937c67c515a899e8830595668a2b41.png
Observatory is killed by a bearyena, leaving Charade without a mother and Hufflepuff without a leader. 
When Charade is old enough, he is taken to the pool of sorting. He can be in Slytherin or Gryffindor. He would have preferred Hufflepuff, but joins Gryffindor.
283014005_ScreenShot2019-04-07at5_05_42PM.png.711b4b1cfebdf7822411bd410e5f3901.png
Charade grows into a full member of Gryffindor.
The clan unfortunately dies off on Oasis.
But wait! In the same bloodline on a distant island, is a familiar face- a Hufflepuff at heart who escaped her fate as a Slytherin. She's ready to start HER new life...

7 minutes ago, Brokenshock said:

I got this using the generator:

can be in Gryffindor, Gryffindor or Gryffindor. This nicheling likes Gryffindor but dislikes Gryffindor. (omega)

Albus Severus Potter in a nutshell 

Everything says he should be Gryffindor BUT NO

• Haha 1