Stray Fawn Community

Screeching Snout (UPDATED)

giugirl

- screeching snout: +3 smelling and +1 alarm screech (allows to the creature emit a very loud and intense screech that will make every nicheling in the player’s tribe receive a effect that will allow to them do more 2 moves (so new effect and would be called “adrenaline”) that will allow to give them the chance of fighting the enemies or any approaching threat while the other nichelings can move away to a safe place); in order to this gene be unlocked you need to invite animals with this gene to your tribe.

((updating reason: due that would make more sense that is about a alarm call and making it more balanced and less appealing: now instead of the ability making enemies both stunned and with a detected sign and giving buff like effects that will make the nichelings in the tribe receive a buff like state that will make them temporary have +3 for strength and agility so they can easily escape or kill the enemy; it will do as it being described currently)).

Edited by giugirl
Improvements and corrections

10 replies to this post

4 hours ago, Magicmoonss said:

I think that it would be to overpowered if it was added to the game.

Oh right, do you have a suggestion to make this part more balanced? As well what kind of animal that can make a screeching noises can be inspired by? By the way i had this idea based on animals that live in packs and emits noises when they spot unwanted predators or other animals, to alert their pack members.

6 minutes ago, angelheart said:

Yours seems to be closer to mobbing. Try crows? 

Seems to be a good idea, as well species of birds that can have members as sentries. And sorry if am accidentally mobbing, I’m new here.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, angelheart said:

It's fine! I did the same thing. ^^ 

Thanks 😊, and do you have some suggestions to make this snout gene be more balanced and acceptable so i can make some adjustments on its description? since i as I said made it based on species of pack animals and birds that use noises to alert their members so they can do something about; because it looks too much appealing for some people.

((Also as You see I also have rodent/lagomorph based parts ideas (“hare head” and “beaver teeth” for snouts for awhile) because I also want to suggest a New performing ability like “gnawing”))

1 minute ago, Magicmoonss said:

A way to make it less overpowered is to get rid of the whole strength and speed boost, it doesn't really make much sense.

However, if it is an alarm call, possibly nichelings within the Alarmed Nichelings sight range that have actions left could move 2 more spaces than they normally do? EG: A nicheling with 1 movement speed can now move 3 tiles. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, angelheart said:

However, if it is an alarm call, possibly nichelings within the Alarmed Nichelings sight range that have actions left could move 2 more spaces than they normally do? EG: A nicheling with 1 movement speed can now move 3 tiles.

That would make more sense than the original suggestion.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, angelheart said:

Good I like this one like it gives them the chance to escape or act like a new effect so this new effect would be called “adrenaline” or “alerted state”; but what if the tribe has a tamed hybrid generating species? Ex: currently we only have bearyenas

Edited by giugirl
Improvement and corrections