Stray Fawn Community

ah yes, a playthrough

georgie

idk I just felt like it, I made a random new save with a random nicheling and we're here. I set the age settings *very* high (like baby 5 days child 10 teen 25 adult 100) and considering I randomly got home island immunity I might go for a full mutation menu    : O

we start with heather ,a randomly generated nicheling. I forgot to put her starting age up so im gonna age her up to a teen using console

20190818192901_1.thumb.jpg.4ccca609a3326c119873c7b0f96e5f60.jpg

uhm yeah. that's all the backstory youre getting lets go

so the rumours were true after all... after all those years, all those hardships, heather's family and her friends and her home had just become a distant memory in one foul swoop of a bluebird's wings; merely a story to be told to her future children. she was only young, but still old enough to be told the tale of her ancestors- adam, his children, their children, all of the other generations, and then her.

her, heather.

the new adam.

the new start of it all.

her family had already made that journey once, struggling through every climate the world could offer to reach that island- home island- and now she was the beginning of that journey but all over again. and for some reason it didn't bother her. she knew what she was about to get into, and accepted it graciously- now time to begin that journey!

her first steps into this new land were towards the shore, which she realised was a terrible idea right after she felt several teeth bite into her aching bones. ah yes, a leech. heather was usually a nicheling with a reasonable amount of intelligence, but that only was true when she realised this leech would be sucking her blood like a seafaring vampire until it fell of or she found help...

20190818195036_1.thumb.jpg.afbd8a18bd115524eceb74e157962db3.jpg

just as the pain started to set in, she managed to sniff out a wanderer!

20190818195444_1.thumb.jpg.0d62a6edf45deb5d45a32ff2f39e270f.jpg

seems like he doesn't care about heather's situation until she's got enough food for him

20190818195526_1.thumb.jpg.14ef780cf92f49359799dece82d7b02b.jpg

heather struggled to find food for the wanderer and herself for several days until she found a berry bush and a healing fruit- yes! she could get enough food and then heal herself for the journey back.

20190818195646_1.thumb.jpg.6b1e3a6ea3886843bdfe9a213a2db0fb.jpg

she gathered food until she woke up to her wound being closed up by some miracle, and decided that wanderer can starve for all she cares. amazing and rare wings or not, if he isn't gonna save a bleeding nicheling without an offering of food then- agh! the nerve of that thing! heather wasn't even going to give him a second chance. he had a chance to star in this new journey of hers and he turned it away. besides, that healing fruit should do the exact same thing he would do. she doesn't need anyone.

20190818195839_1.thumb.jpg.0905860d9c5c879948d355f9c5346153.jpg

"oh.

hello there."

heather wondered why she could constantly hear rustling in the bushes beside her; honestly she thought her sanity had taken a turn for the worse and there was no going back, but actually having a friend is better. he introduced himself as lichen, and said he could sense a disruption, and found her, and decided to watch her and realised what was happening. heather didn't seem impressed: "well if you were wondering what was up with me, you should've just asked instead of, yknow, stalking me..". lichen accepted the food, and deep down knew what he had to do- he was well acquainted with the stars and spirits of the world and wanted to mentor heather into his heir- just as able to communicate with spirits. not only was he growing old and needed someone to pass on the knowledge, but heather told him a lot about her past and what she suspected was going to happen, and knew that she had a lot more uses for his abilities than he ever would.

20190818200727_1.thumb.jpg.20c1ca607e9db8efaa19334d58e10244.jpg

"look", the old man echoed to heather. "these roots have been growing in this earth for longer than we've been alive, and the earth was kind enough to let us use it." heather listened intently. "and if we have trained long enough, we can talk to the earth, and show how thankful we are for these gifts. for example, I know about adam. he was your ancestor, no? I could thank him for letting me use this root, or thank him for starting a legacy that lead to you gifting me those berries, or thank him for many other things. and, with enough training, so could you."

heather simply stared at him, the silence only broken when she uttered: "really? *I* could see adam?"

"no, of course not."

"but-"

"you cant see them, I trust your parents taught you that if something dies its gone. but, something, a chunk of their soul, remains. and you can learn to summon those souls to you. when I die, I hope people call my spirit to them with a root, as those are the gifts I take the most and I want to be honoured by the things others were kind enough to give to me, as in the end, the only thing that matters is what others thought you were worthy of having. you can be amazing but if nobody else knows that you will be easily forgotten and your spirit merely a lost cloud of will. as a matter of fact, perhaps I should add 5 berries to what I want my spirit to be called by?" he chuckled.

20190818201627_1.thumb.jpg.774fab932b84a5d0fda9a88f1b9af8f4.jpg

heather had a lot to think about that night. all this new spirit stuff flew through her mind all night as she dreamt. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

lichen sniffed the air, on edge- and for good reason.

"stay back" he commanded. heather nodded, as she could smell him too, and pricked the tufts of her tail towards the sky. lichen gave a deep growl; he would usually ignore the rogue males and maybe give them some food, but with heather around he felt like he had to protect her and was certainly not letting her near a creature like the one that stood before them.

heather, however, felt something different. she knew that he *had* to be sick, because her entire time on this island she had been taunted by sneezing and when she met lichen she thought he was sick. so obviously the rogue was going for the healing fruit just to stay alive, but she had stolen it from him to heal some of her own wounds. she felt so horrible for walking in and taking this rogue's home, and convinced lichen to leave him be. maybe we could come back here soon, she thought. it was the nice thing to do.

20190822210434_1.thumb.jpg.91f192b60ec04eb6598b7ef11bb27fb2.jpg

they lived on the other side of the tree for a few days, gathering berries whilst lichen taught his heir all the lessons he had learnt, but heather was never fully listening. something disturbed her. and after a while she had had enough- she snuck off in the middle of the night to find the rogue male again.

20190822210616_1.thumb.jpg.c2bc376a751c16b9a9b1b6120ee704db.jpg

20190822210839_1.thumb.jpg.487f39807e6113b8919f830e128a1613.jpg

when lichen woke up and saw that heather had left, he feared the worst. he ran into the grass and found her completely hopeless, searching everywhere.

"what are you doing?" he asked. he wasn't angry; just curious.

heather sighed. "you know what im doing." she lifted her eyes to meet his gaze. "im looking for him."

lichen nodded. "I see." . he didn't know what to do or say, he just hoped that someone- anyone- would help him whilst they both slept. and when they both went to sleep, he felt something in his dreams.. it was adam. he knew he was there, and he was overjoyed to feel him there. there was silence for a few moments before the mythic creature adam spoke.

"you know she's in love with him, yes?" he didn't expect an answer and he didn't get one. "I know too.. and obviously.. we must let her find him. you dont need to protect her, even though I am thankful. she is my family. she knows what to do.  and yes, I am sure. by the morning, go and help her find him. this is her story; help her be the star."

that was all he needed to know.

after like 30 days of searching (that I had to console away because lichen was gonna die  o.o), she found him.

20190822223910_1.thumb.jpg.9565e48c60d3bd1123da7f433807d76e.jpg20190822223913_1.thumb.jpg.04e6d854e3e611d396162d4b0e6f44a4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

I hate the way this is going and how I messed everything up so I have two solutions:

a. restart everything to the point where lichen and heather met

b. carry on but do it in drawings instead and a lot more story based, would also take like 10x as long to update

I would rather do option a because with the original goal of a full mutation menu (but I would still probably do option b sometime in the future)

I would do a strawpoll but I want high reputation so like for option a and thumbs up for option b

• Like 4

or maybe I could kinda do both and restart it, play through the entire story and then do a comic remake or something. well I wouldn't playthrough the entire thing then draw it all it would be done in chapters but