Stray Fawn Community

plz help me

Roggbiff123

can someone tell me what i should do when I get a little bored of my niche-world? cuz i want to keep on playing the same niche world, but it just gets boring after some time. i dont want to deliete them, but then i never play them anyore. plz help me…

-- Add challenges. The forum's got a section dedicated to these. 

-- move to a (different) hard/killer island and adapt  

-- readjust your playstyle or play a different build/aesthetic. It's not good if they all look the same.

-- try more story based lines if you usually don't, or try the harder survival challenges if you do

-- if you stay, find a good map. I personally get bored a lot quicker if the set up isn't easy on my sleep deprived eyes.

• Like 1

Optionally, find what you like about starting new and incorporate that. I find micromanaging large tribes stressful, so I'm prone to resetting my progress if they get out of hand. Hard tribelimits helped, as did not settling down to collect 1k food. Tribes getting too "purebred" is harder to fix, but I like to move, anyway, or breed in wanderers in off-split story camps. There's likely something you can do.

• Like 1

I personally like diversity, but not too many nichelings. My strategy is to settle in on an island for a few generations, until the tribe grows too big (which is in my definition reached when there are 15-18 tribe members). Then I travel on, if I don't like the next few islands the problem solves itself because I travel a lot, which means less food and less babies. After that, you can settle in again and play more story driven. I also take a lot of screenshots, so I can look back on everything that the tribe did.