Stray Fawn Community

Royals challenge but its way to complicated

humaniguess

In this challenge you start of with one king or Queen looking to start a kingdom. They must quickly kind a space with at least 3 food sources within a 5-6 space radius. for the first generation they must invite in everyone they meet.

Royal Rolls

Basically this section is about where everyone is based of genetics. 

this is a list of titles from most importation to least.

1. King or Queen (obviously)
  2. Princess or Prince
  3. Duchess or Duke ( siblings of current ruler)
  4. Noble
  5. villagers/Pleasants
  6. farmers 
  7. servants

Starting with the ruler, they have almost complete control and a bad one can reek havoc on the kingdom. they decide if you move islands, how much the kingdom focuses on agriculture or its military and typical ruler stuff.

prince or princess are technically the second highest but they don't really have a lot of power except the crown prince or princess who is normally the oldest but feel free to alter this for story purposes.

The amount of power a Duchess or Duke has is mostly based on their relationship with the ruler the same is true for nobles and if a duchess or duke has a argument or a bad relationship with the ruler they can be demoted normally down to Pleasants. So normally their top priority is staying the good graces of the ruler. all of their children become Nobles if they don't marry back into the royal line.

Nobles are much the same as the Duchess or Dukes but if they have a lot of kids any after the 2nd or 3rd who don't marry back into another noble line or above become Pleasants, again feel free to change this for story purposes.

Villagers and Farmers do most of the work and while they are 2 different classes they get lumped together a lot so basically they collect most of the berry's and food and then pay some of the food to the higher classes in taxes.

Servants are any sickly, infertile or any other trait you deem not pleasant, they follow the higher classes around and clear grasses for them or tend to the children or all the other things that higher classes can not be bothered to do.

Random events

random events are rolled for every 5-10 days based on what you want and can be any thing from a rebellion, to extra taxes, or even a plague that kills half of your nichling's. I personally came up with 20 random events and then rolled a 20 sided die to determine what happened.

Marriages and Arrangements

The higher your class the more likely you are to arrange marriages and these can lead to some interesting drama. Every class try's to marry into a higher class so if a lower class ask for a arranged marriage in a higher class you have to flip a coin, tails yes, heads no,( with the exception of royal of course)

I may write more later, but for now I hope you enjoy and feel free to ask questions! by the way I didn't have time to proof read so sorry for any grammar errors.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

10 hours ago, humaniguess said:

In this challenge you start of with one king or Queen looking to start a kingdom. They must quickly kind a space with at least 3 food sources within a 5-6 space radius. for the first generation they must invite in everyone they meet.

Royal Rolls

Basically this section is about where everyone is based of genetics. 

this is a list of titles from most importation to least.

1. King or Queen (obviously)
  2. Princess or Prince
  3. Duchess or Duke ( siblings of current ruler)
  4. Noble
  5. villagers/Pleasants
  6. farmers 
  7. servants

Starting with the ruler, they have almost complete control and a bad one can reek havoc on the kingdom. they decide if you move islands, how much the kingdom focuses on agriculture or its military and typical ruler stuff.

prince or princess are technically the second highest but they don't really have a lot of power except the crown prince or princess who is normally the oldest but feel free to alter this for story purposes.

The amount of power a Duchess or Duke has is mostly based on their relationship with the ruler the same is true for nobles and if a duchess or duke has a argument or a bad relationship with the ruler they can be demoted normally down to Pleasants. So normally their top priority is staying the good graces of the ruler. all of their children become Nobles if they don't marry back into the royal line.

Nobles are much the same as the Duchess or Dukes but if they have a lot of kids any after the 2nd or 3rd who don't marry back into another noble line or above become Pleasants, again feel free to change this for story purposes.

Villagers and Farmers do most of the work and while they are 2 different classes they get lumped together a lot so basically they collect most of the berry's and food and then pay some of the food to the higher classes in taxes.

Servants are any sickly, infertile or any other trait you deem not pleasant, they follow the higher classes around and clear grasses for them or tend to the children or all the other things that higher classes can not be bothered to do.

Random events

random events are rolled for every 5-10 days based on what you want and can be any thing from a rebellion, to extra taxes, or even a plague that kills half of your nichling's. I personally came up with 20 random events and then rolled a 20 sided die to determine what happened.

Marriages and Arrangements

The higher your class the more likely you are to arrange marriages and these can lead to some interesting drama. Every class try's to marry into a higher class so if a lower class ask for a arranged marriage in a higher class you have to flip a coin, tails yes, heads no,( with the exception of royal of course)

I may write more later, but for now I hope you enjoy and feel free to ask questions! by the way I didn't have time to proof read so sorry for any grammar errors.

(I'd also add the Knight class who defend the royals and dukes and duchesses and also chase off rogues and unwanted wanderers, fight wars if there are any, and fight any predators such as bearyenas

And maybe Peace Keepers (police), Merchants (slightly higher class than peasants that is a stepping stone to noblehood and thats it sole purpose), and Explorers (those who go beyond the kingdom walls to explore new lands, often exploring groups are headed by a noble and made up of peasants

Oh and Prisoners! This challenge is actually pretty simple but can be added to in so many ways and could be added to so many other playthroughs

I will probably add it to one of mine)

• Paw up 1

• 1 month later...