Stray Fawn Community

Pale’s Homethread - insert something important

savya

/slight vent

i. My dad said my art was trash? And it isn’t anywhere near good? He said im always drawing junk and i should draw real things?? He said i should quit drawing animals and especially dragons?? He’s always told me that he never understood what i draw but he never went this harsh.

he says to stop drawing stuff that i LIKE and to start drawings like graphite artist

I feel a bit mad too. He’s always blabbering about how i should be like my sister and how good her art is? She started like this too! Drawings tiny humans and drawing clothes. 

And now he’s like ‘go spend two months on a peice of paper’. i just.

I’ve always been centered around art when somebody asks my what i like to do. And now I should start over with realism??? Which im horrible at???

• Sad 6

9 hours ago, The One Who Turned Pale said:

/slight vent

i. My dad said my art was trash? And it isn’t anywhere near good? He said im always drawing junk and i should draw real things?? He said i should quit drawing animals and especially dragons?? He’s always told me that he never understood what i draw but he never went this harsh.

he says to stop drawing stuff that i LIKE and to start drawings like graphite artist

I feel a bit mad too. He’s always blabbering about how i should be like my sister and how good her art is? She started like this too! Drawings tiny humans and drawing clothes. 

I’ve always been centered around art when somebody asks my what i like to do. And now I should start over with realism??? Which im horrible at???

i’m really really sorry that happened to you, that sounds horrible /gen

don’t let him discourage you, art should be something fun that you enjoy doing, not something that you force yourself to do so you can be a “real artist”, whatever that’s even supposed to mean. i’m sure he’s just trying to encourage you, but at the end of the day it’s your art, and you get to chose to do what you want to do with it! so don’t let him ruin your fun and epic time!!!!!!

and if it means anything, i think your art is really pretty and i like it a lot :] 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The One Who Turned Pale said:

/slight vent

I'm not sure what to say here, i'm not good at conforting people.

That must suck. /gen

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pepper_ said:

i’m really really sorry that happened to you, that sounds horrible /gen

don’t let him discourage you, art should be something fun that you enjoy doing, not something that you force yourself to do so you can be a “real artist”, whatever that’s even supposed to mean. i’m sure he’s just trying to encourage you, but at the end of the day it’s your art, and you get to chose to do what you want to do with it! so don’t let him ruin your fun and epic time!!!!!!

and if it means anything, i think your art is really pretty and i like it a lot :] 

4 hours ago, Lizardcake said:

I'm not sure what to say here, i'm not good at conforting people.

That must suck. /gen

Ty <33 that made me feel better /gen

• Eek! 1

13 hours ago, The One Who Turned Pale said:

/slight vent

That’s horrible. But don’t get anybody get in the way of you drawing what you want. I love your art! It doesn’t need to be realism to be “real” art.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Birb Starless said:

That’s horrible. But don’t get anybody get in the way of you drawing what you want. I love your art! It doesn’t need to be realism to be “real” art.

Tysm :’)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The One Who Turned Pale said:

/slight vent

That really crappy ://

I think a parent should try to support their child in what they like doing instead of telling them to just take a completely different route- Honestly digital art is SUPER hard!! Especially animation- and it can take as much time as a realism piece of art!

I really hope that you can prove to your dad that digital art is more than he thinks- go do epic stuff with it! Ain’t nobody gonna stop you

Honestly, even though other people’s words hurt, you shouldn’t change for them!! People need to see that people have different skills and hobbies and there isn’t anything wrong with that!

You Slay 💅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ItzFadeDaNightWing said:

That really crappy ://

I think a parent should try to support their child in what they like doing instead of telling them to just take a completely different route- Honestly digital art is SUPER hard!! Especially animation- and it can take as much time as a realism piece of art!

I really hope that you can prove to your dad that digital art is more than he thinks- go do epic stuff with it! Ain’t nobody gonna stop you

Honestly, even though other people’s words hurt, you shouldn’t change for them!! People need to see that people have different skills and hobbies and there isn’t anything wrong with that!

You Slay 💅

WAHVABHDFQWERIVFQWBGbugbgfseiuyrcvserhb ty :’D

• Paw up 1

20 hours ago, The One Who Turned Pale said:

It was saved in psd form and Its to late to change it but its from this guy

AD853BCC-E8BF-4FC6-9DB0-D721D01700B5.png

20 hours ago, The One Who Turned Pale said:

Found out how to fix it

3F46667D-BA46-4E5B-8E54-227320595BA5.jpeg

9F6F0354-C9B9-4AB9-B4EA-BAD862D7A399.jpeg

• Love 3