Stray Fawn Community

Warriors Divided: Gold & Silver

medicine cat

Hello everyone it is time for your regularly scheduled medicine cat story™ to fill the void in my soul! Apologies for disappearing for a couple weeks, my job got extremely stressful and it ended with me moving back to my old job which I enjoyed a lot more. With my fresh new start, I wanted to make a fresh new story :)

Same concept as prior playthrough going on here. Except I'm going to be trying to run two clans, which I haven't tried in ages. Here's to hoping I can keep up!
I'm also making gatherings every 20 days instead of every 25. It makes half-moon calculation easier.

We start with Goldclan and Silverclan.
Goldclan cats sport bright pelts, with gold pelts being the most valued color. They value honor and being pure of heart, and are staunch followers of Starclan. They often watch the sky and weather closely in search of omens. They control the east half of the starting island, and focus on building strength.
Silverclan cats' pelts are typically a gray, white, or black color. Above all else, they value safety and protecting their young. They control the west half of the starting island. They focus on building stealth.

Goldclan is led by Goldenstar. Goldenstar is a middle aged she-cat known for her beauty. She has bright yellow eyes and a ginger-goldish pelt. She often compulsively looks for omens from Starclan to see if they have any direction for her, worried as to whether she is doing the right thing. She is a strict enforcer of the warrior code, and has lost three lives before.

Goldenstar's deputy is named Harepatch, a tom with light gold bristly fur. Harepatch is the fastest cat in the entire territory, hence his name. He keeps a calm and collected exterior to reassure his clanmates, but often doubts himself inwardly. He has a dislike for Silverstar, taking his silence as pride. Goldenstar secretly envies Harepatch's confidence and cool exterior, and wishes that he would be more strict about the warrior code.

The medicine cat of Goldclan is Loachear. Loachear is a golden tom with dark eyes. Loachear is careful with his words and listens far more than he speaks, even when other cats don't think he does.

Lilyfur is a regular warrior of Goldclan. She is the best fighter of Goldclan, and she knows it- she is confident, and when she wants something, she'll give all she can to get it. The youngest cat of Goldclan, she is the sister of Loachear; the two couldn't be more opposite in personality. She has feelings for Harepatch and thinks of him as a brave and noble warrior.

Meanwhile, Silverclan is led by a young warrior named Silverstar. He has eight lives, having lost one from greencough a few moons ago. He has since regained his strength. Silverstar is a quiet and observant leader, who comes off as timid to cats who do not know him. Silverstar simply wants his clan to be left alone and for them to be safe. Goldstar distrusts him.

The deputy of Silverclan is Slugfang. He is a uniquely-colored speckled cat with dark eyes and silver mane. Slugfang is a relaxed and friendly tom, and tries to be friends with everyone, though cats in Goldclan wonder why such a relaxed and easygoing cat was chose as deputy of a clan.

Silverclan's medicine cat is Mothstorm. Despite his name, he is a very gentle cat and all cats of Silverclan come to him for advice and assistance. His voice is a deep rumble.

Mistclaw is the warrior of Silverclan. She is smart and strategic, and is the strongest fighter in Silverclan. The cats around her hold high respect for her. Silverstar secretly holds feelings for her.

The clans hold a gathering to mark the new island's settlement (because that's all I can bear to write in this post after developing the characters).
image.png.4e54ec5b09f9b49191980dd943c8e452.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

CHAPTER 1  - DAY 1

The first moons on the island are quiet and uneventful ones, focusing on gathering food and nesting material. Mistclaw comes to sit beside Silverstar a few days after the gathering.
"What do you think about those Goldclan cats?" Mistclaw asks Silverstar curiously. "That was my first gathering, so I've never met them before."
"It's hard to share an island with another clan," Silverstar begins, flicking his tail. "But it's the order of Starclan for us to do so. One clan can't exist without the other, and we have to each preserve our own traditions. This was the prophecy handed down to Goldstar and myself many moons ago, Mistclaw."
"I think they're noble," meows Slugfang. "They're no Silverclan, but I have respect for them. They're rather friendly."
"Easy for you to say," says Mistclaw, rolling her eyes. "You were flirting with both of Goldclan's she-cats."
Slugfang flattens his ears, glaring at Mistclaw. "Conversation with other clan cats for the sake of diplomacy during a gathering is in no way flirting, Mistclaw."

Meanwhile in Goldclan, Lilyfur sits exasperated beside Goldenstar. "I don't believe Harepatch will ever notice me, Goldenstar."
Goldenstar raises an eyebrow, looking to Lilyfur with a smile. "I don't believe Harepatch notices too much of anything, Lilyfur. He's a pretty airheaded cat at times."
"But I've liked him since I first became a warrior. It's like he's so focused on being deputy that he won't even look at me. And it's not like there's any other options in this clan! It's just you, me, him, and Loachear."
Goldenstar smiles. "You go for everything else you want, Lilyfur; why not go for this?"
Lilyfur sighs, resting her head on her paws. "It's just not that easy, Goldenstar."

But Goldenstar's words stick with her, and Lilyfur decides to take a deep breath and ask Harepatch to be her mate.
"Harepatch, I need to speak with you."
"Sure, Lilyfur," the tom says politely. He smiles at her, and Lilyfur feels herself already getting flustered- but she can't back down now.
"I think it's about time you noticed me," she says assertively. "I've liked you for... quite a long time, Harepatch. And I think we could be a great team."
Harepatch is shocked, but after a moment of quiet, he smiles. "Of course, Lilyfur. I'll be your mate."
"Great!" meows Lilyfur, smiling. She feels excitement for the future rush through her- she and Harepatch together could raise kits to become Goldclan's strongest warriors.

SILVERCLAN
image.thumb.png.16704d0dbcd4e38d73a21c83defc636d.png

GOLDCLAN
image.png.7f00eb429071a6d91823e0b6d3da2f5e.png

• Like 2

CHAPTER 2  - DAY 11

Love is not only blooming in Goldclan with Lilyfur and Harepatch, but in Silverclan, as well; Mistclaw is approached by Silverstar one day, the regal tom bringing her a flower in his jaws. He lays it before you, his ears flat. The usually strong leader seems shy and scared before Mistclaw.
"Mistclaw, I would like to be mates with you." He fluffs up his fur, trying to look handsome. "I understand if you reject, but-"
Mistclaw smiles at the tom. "I'd be happy to be your mate, Silverstar."

A gathering occurs, and the cats of the clans meet.
"We have a new couple in Silverclan," Silverstar announces to the cats of the gathering. "Between myself and Mistclaw. We are hoping to have kits by Newleaf." he smiles proudly.
"Goldclan has a new couple as well," meows Goldenstar. "Has your medicine cat heard anything from Starclan?"
Silverstar shakes his head. "Nothing as of late."
Goldenstar feels a slight tinge of relief at this- Loachear, her medicine cat, hasn't heard anything from Starclan recently either.
image.png.e0aed99b896943b31c9d1564439d04e7.png

A moon later, Lilyfur is proud to announce that she will be having a kit- the first kit born in either of the clans in many moons. 

"I hope that we have a kit with a beautiful, golden pelt," Lilyfur purrs to Harepatch. "They have to be trained t o be the best of the best."
Harepatch flicks his tail. "However our kit turns out, I'm sure they'll be wonderful," he meows.

Lilyfur gives birth to a kit- a female with a beautiful, bright gold pelt unlike any other cat in Goldclan's.
"She's beautiful," meows Harepatch proudly as he nuzzles Lilyfur. "What shall we call her?"
"Rainbowkit," purrs Lilyfur proudly. "Her pelt is of the brightest color."

Meanwhile, Slugfang, who had been watching the Goldclan camp, lurks back to Silverclan camp and rushes to Silverstar. 
"Goldclan has a new kit, Silverstar. Their population is more than ours now." he flicks his tail.
"You snuck into Goldclan territory?" Silverstar flattens his ears, concerned. "That could've incited a battle or gotten you injured, Slugfang."
"I had to find if the rumors of Lilyfang having a kit were true," asserts Slugfang, flicking his tail. "Aren't you proud?" he smiles.
"More relieved that you weren't caught than proud," says Silverstar. "But this is valuable information. It's no matter, though- Mistclaw is also pregnant and will be having a kit of her own in three moons."

Rainbowkit develops into a curious and loud kit, enjoying practicing battling with her mother.
"She's very fierce," meows Lilyfur proudly to her brother, Loachear. "I think she's going to grow up as an even stronger warrior than me!"
image.png.c1e16a96ab588aad83a56d4e05971b45.png
SILVERCLAN STATUS
image.png.bf1cef8e531af720401b7ab2a477e704.png
GOLDCLAN STATUS
image.png.0a8973792a85856251a6f1feebfea1ec.png

• Like 2

CHAPTER 3  - DAY 25
GOLDCLAN
Goldenstar (Leader) - Dark golden she-cat with a slim build and golden eyes
Harepatch (Deputy) - Cream-colored tom with bristly fur and dark eyes
Loachear (Medicine Cat) - Dark golden tom with bristly fur and dark eyes
Lilyfur (Warrior) - Golden she-cat with dark eyes and sharp claws
Rainbowkit (Kit) - Bright golden she-cat with bristly fur and bright, golden eyes
SILVERCLAN
Silverstar (Leader) - Silver colored tomcat with platinum white mane and yellow eyes
Slugfang (Deputy) - Oddly-colored, gray speckled tomcat with a bushy tail
Mothstorm (Medicine Cat) - Blue, thinly built tomcat with dark eyes
Mistclaw (Warrior) - Bulky gray she-cat with a busy tail and thick pelt

Mistclaw gives birth to a she-kit- a gray cat with white socks and a stripe on her tail.
"What a pretty pattern," Mistclaw purrs. She looks proudly at Silverstar. "What shall we call her?"
Silverstar thinks for a moment, and in that instant, the kit swipes at him with her tiny but sharp claws. He winces.
"...How about Troublekit?"
Mistclaw laughs. "Really?" she shakes her head. "Fine, we'll call her Troublekit."
image.png.27ce3ef472bf554336daad7376474aaf.png

As Troublekit grows, Rainbowkit in Goldclan grows old enough to become an apprentice.
"Goldenstar?" LIlyfur approaches her leader, bowing her head respectfully. "I have a favor to ask of you."
"What's that, Lilyfur?" The leader twitches an ear towards her warrior.
"I would like you to mentor Rainbowkit. I know that's a lot to ask of you, but I feel like Harepatch and I would be biased mentors, and I feel like you could shape her into a great and mighty warrior."
Goldenstar smiles. "That's not a lot to ask of me, Lilyfur. I'd love to mentor Rainbowkit."

So Goldenstar calls a clan meeting together.
"Cats of Goldclan, we are here to celebrate a kit being promoted to an apprentice." She smiles at Rainbowkit. "Rainbowkit, you will no longer be known by that name. You will now be known as Rainbowpaw, and I will be your mentor. I will do my best to teach you everything that I know and shape you into a strong warrior of Goldclan."
"Rainbowpaw! Rainbowpaw!" cheer the cats of Goldenclan. 

Meanwhile, Mothstorm and Loachear meet one night for a half-moon medicine cat meeting.
"Greetings, Loachear," says Mothstorm quietly. Loachear approaches the tom cautiously, distrustful of the Silverclan medicine cat. Mothstorm continues. "I have word from Starclan. I need to consult with you."
"What have you heard?" Loachear asks.
"The Stars have called to me. Silverclan and Goldclan are to move territories, of all things..." Mothstorm casts his eyes down to his paws. "Have they spoken to you?"
Loachear is quiet for a moment. "I have been told that change is coming. Perhaps your idea is what that means. I'll discuss this with Goldenstar, and I expect you to bring it up to Silverstar." 
"Will do," meows Mothstorm.

SILVERCLAN STATUS
Rlu7p21pB1T8.png.7ceae49216a913d22ca14e0ecfb8f5ff.png
GOLDCLAN STATUS
OrVl38YdYBVx.png.e3dfe7b385df097ac42a0d9fbcf81f47.png

• Like 2

CHAPTER 4  - DAY 31
GOLDCLAN
Rainbowpaw (Apprentice) - Bright golden she-cat with bristly fur and bright, golden eyes
SILVERCLAN
Silverstar (Leader) - Silver colored tomcat with platinum white mane and yellow eyes
Slugfang (Deputy) - Oddly-colored, gray speckled tomcat with a bushy tail
Mothstorm (Medicine Cat) - Blue, thinly built tomcat with dark eyes
Mistclaw (Warrior) - Bulky gray she-cat with a busy tail and thick pelt
Troublekit (Kit) - Dust-colored she-cat with white paws and a stripe across her tail

Goldenstar approaches Rainbowpaw one morning. "Wake up, Rainbowpaw."
Rainbowpaw flops her head to the side and opens one eye for her mentor. "Good morning, Goldenstar."
"How would you like to go on patrol with me?" Goldenstar smiles at the young she-cat. "I can show you Goldclan borders."

"Really?" Rainbowpaw springs to her feet, stretching. "I'd love to!"
Goldenstar takes Rainbowpaw out of camp, and smiles at her apprentice as she pads alongside her. But halfway through the patrol, Goldenstar's ears perk up. "Rainbowpaw, do you smell that?"
Rainbowpaw tilts her head to the side. "A cat. But not a cat I'm familiar with..."
"Exactly," says Goldenstar. "It's a Silverclan cat. Stay close."
A speckled tom walks along the Silverclan and Goldclan border, his whiskers twitching. It's Slugfang, the Silverclan deputy. His eyes meet with Goldenstar's, and then with Rainbowpaw's. Rainbowpaw steps forward curiously.

"Greetings, Goldenstar," Slugfang says, bowing his head with a smile. "And... friend." he raises a brow at Rainbowpaw.
"This is Rainbowpaw, my apprentice," meows Goldenstar. "She's on her first patrol. Rainbowpaw, this is Slugfang, the Silverclan depu-" She looks down to see Rainbow hissing at Slugfang, batting a claw at him. Slugfang is not amused. "Rainbowpaw!" says Goldenstar.
"But aren't we supposed to challenge cats of other clans?"
"He's on Silverclan's side, Rainbowpaw..." Goldenstar sighs. "He's not trespassing. My apologies, Slugfang."
"No worries, Goldenstar." Slugfang smiles. "I will see you at the next gathering." He begins walking in the other direction, continuing his patrol, without looking at Rainbowpaw.

"We are cats of honor, Rainbowpaw," says Goldenstar, walking alongside her apprentice. "We only challenge cats violating the warrior code. We fight to defend Starclan's word alone."
Rainbowpaw bows her head. "I'm sorry, Goldenstar." The two finish their patrol and return to camp, where Loachear is waiting for Goldenstar.
"Goldenstar, I have word from Starclan and the medicine cat of Silverclan," says the medicine cat. Her ears pricked forward, Goldenstar follows Loachear into his den.
"Starclan wants the clans to move territories," says the tom. "It's time for us to move on. Mothstorm is mentioning the matter to Silverstar, and they want to discuss the move at the next full moon."
"A move?" Goldenstar tilts her head to one side. "Interesting. If it's the word of Starclan, I am willing to go. I'm not attached to this territory anyway."

Troublekit grows old enough to be an apprentice, and Silverstar calls a clan meeting for her.
"Today, cats of Silverclan, we are gaining one more apprentice. Troublekit, from this day on you will be known as Troublepaw. Your mentor will be Slugfang- I trust him to teach you everything he knows." Silverstar smiles.
"Troublepaw! Troublepaw!" Cheer the warriors.
image.png.e114a7e17d031d1c20baf47a13f96092.png

Rainbowpaw comes of age to become a warrior, and Goldenstar holds a ceremony for her.
"Rainbowpaw, you have trained hard to become a strong warrior of Goldenclan. You are one of the strongest warriors I have seen, and I'm excited to see the great things you go on to do. You will be called Rainbowfur. Starclan honors your strength and outspokenness, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Goldclan."
"Rainbowfur! Rainbowfur!" cheer the cats.
image.png.600a0d8aa7462a7ca0986ad8b9fd3845.png

The cats come together for another gathering. The rumor of moving territories has reached all the cats by now, and everyone attends the gathering. Troublepaw sits close to her father, intimidated by all of the warriors around her.
"Goldclan has a new warrior," says Goldenstar proudly. "I would like to introduce Silverclan to Rainbowgaze."
"We have an apprentice growing into a warrior soon," says Silverstar, looking down at his daughter. "This is Troublepaw."
"Sure looks like trouble," mutters Harepatch to Lilyfur. "Why would they name a kit that?"
"Hush," Lilyfur says to her mate. "She looks sweet."

"It's time to address the elephant in the room, though," says Goldenstar. "Starclan has ordered Goldclan and Silverclan to move territories, and it's time to decide in which direction we head."
"I believe Starclan calls us east," says Mothstorm.
"I trust my medicine cat," says Silverstar. "I say we go east."
"I want to simply go where Starclan tells us," says Goldenstar. "We can go east."
pXm2HvdFUWnP.png.d3b5162dd189b726b6edf55b28d5302c.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

CHAPTER 4  - DAY 40
GOLDCLAN
Rainbowgaze (Warrior) - Bright golden she-cat with bristly fur and bright, golden eyes
SILVERCLAN
Silverstar (Leader) - Silver colored tomcat with platinum white mane and yellow eyes
Mistclaw (Deputy) - Bulky gray she-cat with a busy tail and thick pelt
Mothstorm (Medicine Cat) - Blue, thinly built tomcat with dark eyes
Troublepaw (Apprentice) - Dust-colored she-cat with white paws and a stripe across her tail

The clans start their journey eastward. Slugfang unfortunately dies on the way of illness, and the cats of Silverclan mourn him. Silverstar names Mistclaw his new deputy.
"But who will mentor me?" Troublepaw asks quietly, her ears flat.
Silverstar smiles. "You are a brave warrior now, Troublepaw. I think you don't need to be named Troublepaw anymore. You will be called Troubletail, and I declare you a full warrior of Silverclan."
"Troubletail! Troubletail!" cheer the clan cats.

Upon arriving to the new territory, Goldclan and Silverclan convene to determine which clan gets which part of the island for territory. Silverclan takes the north, and Goldclan takes the south.
image.thumb.png.e4ffd1b53023b49884de0618d9d72cf8.png

"I think we should have taken the north," Lilyfur says to Harepatch. "I don't like the huge thorn patch in our territory. It could be hazardous for kits."
"It serves as protection for us," Harepatch shrugs. "I don't think Silverclan will want to battle us if they have to travel through all of that bramble."

Loachear dies of an illness, and the cats of Goldenclan are left without a medicine cat. Grieving the loss of her uncle, Rainbowgaze is shortly after approached in a dream by him.
"Rainbowgazez, Starclan calls you," says Loachear. "You have a duty that you must fulfill."
"Loachear!" Rainbowgaze runs towards the old medicine cat, his pelt shimmering like the stars. "I'll do anything. What do you ask of me?"
"Goldclan needs a medicine cat," says the tom. "It is your responsibility to take my place. Starclan will give you knowledge of herbs and treating illness."
Rainbowgaze stops in her tracks, her look of excitement flashing to one of horror. "...No!"
"Goldclan needs you, Rainbowgaze," says Loachear assertively. 
"I'm Goldclan's strongest warrior!" hisses Rainbowgaze. "You're setting us up for failure if you do this to me!" she hisses.
"You have a destiny you have to fulfill, Rainbowgaze. You will accept it in time." Loachear fades, and Rainbowgaze wakes up in her den, a pit in her stomach.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 7:00 PM, Fox leaf said:

Especially because you can only start with nine nichelings in sandbox. (unless im mistaking, i haven't played for a while.) And they can't fight each other in clan wars. Very sad.

You can actually do fights through the magic of commands. It's definately a challenge story-wise to manage multiple clans at once, so it's not for everyone. Also warrior cats challenges tend to be even more difficult than regular niche (more nicheling death). Part of the key is breeding a lot and having litters (again partly through commands) to increase clan population quickly so that in case of unfortunate deaths your clan(s) are replenished and grow in numbers.