Stray Fawn Community

Galaxy-level gameplay

Lurkily

It would be nice to see lines between unfinished planets and unrevealed planets, showing what would open access to what.

It would be nice if some transmitters opened access to only a single planet in a random location, possibly (preferably) very far away.

It would be nice to see your travel on the galaxy map, as you bounce between unlocked planets to path to your destination. (It's cosmetic, and it can be quick, but it'd be cool)

I'd really like to see some ability (recovered artifacts?) to occasionally just negate a planet whose conditions you don't like. (That one weapon thing, ugh.)  Just nuke the transmittter from orbit.

I'd like to see some sort of enemy presence - perhaps taking back planets you have unlocked now and then, and moving between unconquered planets, leaving windows where they're more difficult (and rewarding) or easier (and less rewarding).  EDIT: having bases you can take out to eliminate the respawn of defeated enemy groups in a region of the map would be cool, too.

Edited by Lurkily
And bases!
  • Like 1

4 replies to this post

Many great suggestions, thank you very much! Some of them have already been in discussion or were part of a discussion. I won't comment each one, but we're hope to optimize the galaxy map and gameplay better as we're working on the game. Good suggestions and we're definitely coming back to your thread when we're focusing on this part of the game :) 

If there's another feature request containing mine - for any of my posts - don't hesitate to let me know. I can comment on that instead and take mine down, so it doesn't split up attention in a way that might undermine the suggestion.

• Like 1

No worries.  Game design and function are things I have a bit of a fascination with.

I like the tracker-style system.  I haven't been around for a bit so I'm not sure how new it is, but it works for the whole alpha thing, it works very well.