Stray Fawn Community

Poll: What would you like to see in a story about anthropomorphic animals?

Chiyanna

Which of these options would you prefer?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. What setting/time period should it be in? Pick up to 3

• Present day
    • Medieval/middle ages
    • The future
    • The wild west/colonisation of Americas
    • Industrial revolution
    • Other (please specify what with a post to this thread)
  2. 2. Should the animals be able to use tools and build things? Pick up to 3

• No
    • Only in a very primative, realistic way
    • Only stone-age tool advancement
    • Tools fit for the time period it is set in
    • Tools a couple eras behind of what humans would have in the time period
    • Iron-age tools and structures
    • Other (please specify what with a post)
  3. 3. Should there be other talking animals or humans? Pick up to 3

• Mainly just the one animal and no humans, different species cannot communicate
    • There should be other animals and humans but they cannot talk to the animals the story is about
    • No humans, but all the animals of the world can communicate, though they all have their own societies
    • Multiple different animals work together and live in the same society, with no humans
    • There are humans, but they cannot understand the animals though they all can understand eachother
    • The different animals cannot understand eachother, but the main animal and the humans can communicate
    • Only one specific human or group of humans understands the animals
    • Other (please specify what with a post)

I am writing a story (and have been for some time) about anthropomorphic (personified, as in they talk, think through problems, love, hate, and war) animals and would like to know what you all would prefer in such a story. It would be great to get as much input as possible. I've really hit a snag and your input would help me to be able to continue writing on this project that may one day be a published work. 

Feel free to ask questions about what the poll options mean if you don't know. As usual in my polls you can choose more than one option in most the questions (it will say how many options u can pick in the question title). If picking other, please write what in a post to this thread. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

I am writing a story (and have been for some time) about anthropomorphic (personified, as in they talk, think through problems, love, hate, and war) animals and would like to know what you all would prefer in such a story. It would be great to get as much input as possible. I've really hit a snag and your input would help me to be able to continue writing on this project that may one day be a published work. 

Feel free to ask questions about what the poll options mean if you don't know. As usual in my polls you can choose more than one option in most the questions (it will say how many options u can pick in the question title). If picking other, please write what in a post to this thread. 

That sounds like a really cool idea! Id like to read something like that! 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Sounds cool!

I have been writing a novel that may be kinda similar? It’s about a modern society of anthro nicheling-like creatures. Here is the description:

*A planet very similar to Earth is inhabited by anthropomorphic wolf-like creatures, they face some of the same challenges as humankind, including the destruction of the environment and pollution from fossil fuels. A group of scientists discovers a pristine coral reef full of new species and they set up an underwater colony to research them. One stormy night a traitor sells information about oil fields below the reef to a failing oil company desperate for a new drilling field and willing to do anything for it. Will corruption, greed, and betrayal mean the end to the reef and the colony?*

(Copy-pasted from the discord server lol)

• Love 1