Stray Fawn Community

Dianae Felivulpes: Similarities far from home

Modiano Urania

Day/Month 0, start of research

Our team's goal is to learn about one of the species native to the exoplanet Diana-4 known as Dianae Felivulpes, of which we have raised two specimens in captivity from a young age (001 was taken in as a cub while 002 was already a juvenile when found). The pair, nicknamed “Adam” and “Eve” respectively, have recently been released into the wild. They are roughly twenty five Diana-4 days old (or two solar years).

FlhOZVV0ukgL6bclKL71m7C1hNJmaYc4QSt7_MLT28ZzaETzh_lZPQlXXbAZ5TjqvywIzbwXUF8oeehy46peRe5Jfvceomqr9AB11YAJMKIZU-heifz1E7avBo4nLhRYf8rWg5tNjoW1VvcIzWYD1b0

001 (Adam) and 002 (Eve) after arriving at their new location

Our hope is that they can adapt to their natural environment despite captivity, allowing us a closer look at this intriguing alien species so similar to Earth’s own.

The pair have taken their “banishment” from Outpost Apollo rather well and have just been brought to a relatively peaceful location. We look forward to their next actions.

-Dr. Emilio Albrecht, head of project

• Eek! 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Merrydiano said:

Day/Month 0, start of research

Our team's goal is to learn about one of the species native to the exoplanet Diana-4 known as Dianae Felivulpes, of which we have raised two specimens in captivity from a young age (001 was taken in as a cub while 002 was already a juvenile when found). The pair, nicknamed “Adam” and “Eve” respectively, have recently been released into the wild. They are roughly twenty five Diana-4 days old (or two solar years).

FlhOZVV0ukgL6bclKL71m7C1hNJmaYc4QSt7_MLT28ZzaETzh_lZPQlXXbAZ5TjqvywIzbwXUF8oeehy46peRe5Jfvceomqr9AB11YAJMKIZU-heifz1E7avBo4nLhRYf8rWg5tNjoW1VvcIzWYD1b0

001 (Adam) and 002 (Eve) after arriving at their new location

Our hope is that they can adapt to their natural environment despite captivity, allowing us a closer look at this intriguing alien species so similar to Earth’s own.

The pair have taken their “banishment” from Outpost Apollo rather well and have just been brought to a relatively peaceful location. We look forward to their next actions.

EXCITED

Day/Month 1

At the start of the day, the specimens started heading further inland. They have now split up, with 002 going northwards while 001 stays stationary (we hypothesize that 001 is guarding a food source)

LvIlFrn4-uzzDyVRU7nCiTqvqtXVn57haUFgcIIb6N-AAg2jy9HkLFUSPNNODHu4DQVyqzJBepHYnTT5_M1iTkXOgJMcC3VdAFD8dhDiUTXDqBX0dtfu9YxzyyTcCZgdKAJd-uEI4SBUh4rLhiZ7eD4

001 (Adam) sleeping, note the dulled pectoral gems

-Dr. Killdeer Thompson, Exobiologist

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

Day/Month 2

002 has located a large cluster of the berry bushes Dianae Felivulpes seem to eat; it is currently asleep.

8JzjbjQRDk1EI5PasCTcvaOxb2oOXe9QdCMQUGEaCsMtiw-7otBUzq3PUVqHzyTbwKtYpiAj5iB72_DSNstzvw9HZZ7D6ICoKnfsPXiDpxEanC5DWoBbSCZoe2ys_TyESotWLuDxuv42oLohlitkafY

002 (Eve) sleeping between berry bushes

Meanwhile 001 has been staying put. Mid-month an unidentified small creature was glimpsed passing by it, greatly startling 001 and spurring it to start moving.

AG6mxmIl0U1X64-8zLdA4JLmOQDwj5fGbI51ZljjTa4S4vGBfeDb0E8s5dxGqYqWo5zMSJ5dnU6n8diSR4FgNzZmwvPvv8Pe8ZV4W3vb9ktrNiT9n5ax9U2gLMQy5PTMOLeBdLJxv_7zMip42pFLhuk

001 (Adam) on high alert

The creature was caught by the cameras, but it was too fast and all we have is a gray blur.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

Day/Month 3

001 caught up to the creature, which turned out to be an infantile Dianae Felivulpes. 001 initiated play behavior towards the cub and was reciprocated. They were soon approached by 002, who also seemed to react positively to 003’s presence.

gd1saYQ5yv1MrRM6U72VfOOvkTGyMKyG1elZ9Yc5drX1y5tKoSs_13erqnY3I3PnL24DpWCftF5q3E8QAirHud5tlvU3poONVhQ4bt-6fETmCYe9ejrmDmtodcz5cPG0hJHYwWYT02EJEm6WyFbMji8

001, 002 and 003 in a cuddle pile

While too early to tell, it would seem that the two adults have taken 003 in as a pack member. It should also be noted that 003 possesses two parallel horn-like cranial structures which are not shared by 001 and 002. A subspecies, perhaps?

-Dr. Maemi Serizawa, Exobiologist

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Merrydiano said:

Day/Month 3

001 caught up to the creature, which turned out to be an infantile Dianae Felivulpes. 001 initiated play behavior towards the cub and was reciprocated. They were soon approached by 002, who also seemed to react positively to 003’s presence.

gd1saYQ5yv1MrRM6U72VfOOvkTGyMKyG1elZ9Yc5drX1y5tKoSs_13erqnY3I3PnL24DpWCftF5q3E8QAirHud5tlvU3poONVhQ4bt-6fETmCYe9ejrmDmtodcz5cPG0hJHYwWYT02EJEm6WyFbMji8

001, 002 and 003 in a cuddle pile

While too early to tell, it would seem that the two adults have taken 003 in as a pack member. It should also be noted that 003 possesses two parallel horn-like cranial structures which are not shared by 001 and 002. A subspecies, perhaps?

-Dr. Maemi Serizawa, Exobiologist

This is super interesting so far! One thing though, the images are stretched, does anyone else have this or is it just me? 

On 2/17/2024 at 7:53 PM, Stranger said:

This is super interesting so far! One thing though, the images are stretched, does anyone else have this or is it just me? 

Yeah the images are stretched for me too I think niche just doesn't like me

• Paw up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hiiii guys this isn't abandoned i just love procrastinating

Uhhh I'll figure out a schedule if everything goes well there should be at least one post per week

In the meantime, you can send questions to the scientists studying the nichelings and I'll answer in character (fuel my worldbuilding addiction /hj)

• Eek! 2
  • Paw up 1

Day/Month 5 (last month’s data was lost to a solar flare)

003 has reached adolescence today.. It seems the group is starting to slow down their traveling.

image.thumb.png.c63862ecb155ef362ef4dd8af48dc2f0.png

The creatures

-Myrrh Holst-Rosales, Junior Exobiologist

• Like 2

Day/Month 6-8

The pack has started to clear out the area, with 002 building a nest using tall grass (Deorthia Herbacea) that 001 and 003 have harvested.

image.thumb.png.c06e36806b4455a895779df509d75ef9.png

002 has killed an unidentified small white creature and eaten it, confirming that Dianae Felivulpes are omnivorous. It has been raining for two months straight, something which doesn’t seem to bother the pack.

• Like 2

Day/Month 9

It seems that 002 gave birth during Diana-IV’s short night. The newborn, dubbed 004, bears a resemblance to both 001 and 003. Dr. Thompson hypothesizes that 001 is the other parent, while Dr. Bluebell suspects parthenogenesis. A DNA test will be done to answer this question (we have DNA samples from 001 and 002 stored at Outpost Apollo) when 004 has reached five months of age.

image.thumb.png.ae384a11c512300372a229ba603ff044.png

The other pack members have attempted to initiate play behavior with 004, despite it being a newborn.

Dr. Maemi Serizawa, exobiologist

• Like 2